The war on drugs

spookz

Banned
Banned
The war on drugs - racially biased enforcement & prosecution

"The war on drugs never came to my college dorm. Not because of insufficient enemies in sight -- for indeed there were plenty -- but rather because the drug war has rarely ever made its way to the cloistered residences of mostly white, well-off private school co-eds. Too busy busting the black and brown in the lower ninth ward of New Orleans, I guess, to make a stop Uptown, where the Tulane freshmen on the 8th floor of Monroe Hall were busy filling up two foot bong chambers with pot smoke, and then inhaling until our eyes rolled back in our heads.

It's not like the drug warriors didn't know we were there. They've seen the studies on college drug use; they know what's going on in the dorms, in the frat houses, and in the cramped college apartments. The campus cops know, the Administration knows, and the city police know too. They know but they don't care; for the white and economically-advantaged, drugs have been essentially decriminalized for a long time"

http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=14005

Last edited:
In my experiences with some rather large drug deals (importing of cocain, crack, heroin...) I can honestly say that the majority of people I witnessed taking in a large amount of the drug to deal were white. The majority of those taking small amounts to deal were not.

I've been caught with drugs and let off with warnings. However, never with a major drug.

The war on drugs doesnt/isnt working, when will our politicians realise this? The only effective war on the drug barons is legalisation of drugs, they will then not make money from illicit trade. Take a look at when america banned alcohol, more deaths were due to bad liquor i.e. methanol mixed in with the alcohol. Drugs would be safer as well as less appealing if they were legalised.

war or the trade of drugs?

:m: if we think the government has no pull we are wrong they can trade a peanutt for pill in mexico. like they limit the amount of drop offs and such. the regulate drugs like our food. they know that allot of us grow in the us. instead of importing the goods, why? so we don't get taxed. allso they know that pesticides and bad stuff is used to grow our greens. dirty green. so we take it uppon ourselves to grow it right, we make our own prices, not the gov. soon we will be manufacturing green in new economic streghth. soon they can no longer tell us no! green in my eyes is safer then beer. many will disaggree. but you try walking drunk then walk high. we should take heed to other countries laws and public action. green should not be in the same class as the real druggs. chemicals man made are not so better then natural elements found in many legal and very common items. resources and materials used in our future will behold a better place for our kids.:)

Back