The Way of the LORD

battig1370

Registered Senior Member
JESUS said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the FATHER, but by ME." -(John14:6)

--- " why call me LORD, LORD, and DO NOT the things which I say?- ( Luke 6:46)

--- "Thou shalt love the lord thy God with all thy heart, and all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two comandments hang all the law and the prophets."(Matt.:22:37-40).
--- "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I haved loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. (John 13:34-35).
--- "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you ---" ( Matt.5:43-48 )
--- "Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you ---" ( Luke 6:27-38 )
--- "love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again: and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil." ( Luke 6:27-38 )

PEACE? --- To have PEACE, LOVE MUST RULE, there is no other way. Relgion cannot bring about PEACE. And also, even with ALL the money and the knowledges that mankind has, PEACE IS IMPOSSIBLE WITHOUT LOVE.

"My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and truth." -(1John 3:18)

Peace be with you, Paul

Love is OK, but it's fear that will keep us together, fear of total mutual obliteration.

Please don't preach to us. No one but those who are already convinced will actually care about what you have to say. So there's no point in wasting electrical impulses on powering your fingers to type such a post.

Last edited:
battig1370, use NKJ translation please. It's as good as KJV but less painful to read.

PEACE? --- To have PEACE, LOVE MUST RULE, there is no other way. Relgion cannot bring about PEACE. And also, even with ALL the money and the knowledges that mankind has, PEACE IS IMPOSSIBLE WITHOUT LOVE.

Peace is irrelevant:

"Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother..." (Matthew 10:34)

There is peace in belief in Jesus and through the Holy Spirit that comes when one believes in Jesus. But in this world there will be no peace. The Word does divide us from our former friends even from our blood relatives. When a person decided to follow The Messiah Jesus it is as a sword cutting him from His former friends and often it does pit father against son and mother against daughter.

Matthew 10 32-39
32"Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. 33But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

Christ Brings Division
(F) 34"Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. 35For I have come to "set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law'; 36and "a man's enemies will be those of his own household.' 37He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

If you are not prepared to abandon your families and if you are not prepared to die for Jesus then you are not worthy of Him.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

Battig1370 said:

PEACE? --- To have PEACE, LOVE MUST RULE, there is no other way.

Well there you go. No wonder Christianity can't bring peace.

These are nice posts, about good things like Love and peace.

Perhaps I will post a new thread about some of the other things in the bible.

Joeman: " use NKJ translation please. It's as good as KJV but less painful to read".

JESUS said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes unto the FATHER, except through ME." -(John14:6)

--- " why do you call ME 'LORD, LORD,' and NOT DO the things which I say?- ( Luke 6:46)

--- "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two comandments hang all the law and the Prophets." -(Matt.22:37-40).
--- "A new commandment I give to you, That you love one another; as I haved loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. (John 13:34-35).

--- "You have heard trhat it was said 'You shall love your neighbor, and hate your enemy'. But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you, and persecute you ---" ( Matt.5:43-48 )
--- "Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you," ( Luke 6:27-38 )
--- "love your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return: and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil." Judge not, and you shall not judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. -( Luke 6:27-38 )

"My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and truth." -(1John 3:18)

Peace be with you, Paul

Battig1370: PEACE? --- To have PEACE, LOVE MUST RULE, there is no other way. Relgion cannot bring about PEACE. And also, even with ALL the money and the knowledges that mankind has, PEACE IS IMPOSSIBLE WITHOUT LOVE.

tiassa: "Well there you go. No wonder Christianity can't bring peace."

Battig1370: You are very correct in saying, "Christianity can't bring peace."
Christianity is in a state of confusion, conflict and division, because christians have ignored Jesus' Life and Testimony of Love.

Peace be with you, Paul

When The Holy Spirit is within you then love is ruling you. The peace is not world peace it is a personal peace. That peace remains no matter what troubles this life throws at you.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Adstar: When The Holy Spirit is within you then love is ruling you. The peace is not world peace it is a personal peace. That peace remains no matter what troubles this life throws at you.
M*W: All of creation is filled with the force of pure positive energy, but that is what you call the Holy Spirit. Because you call it the 'Holy Spirit,' you give it the connotation of its emination from christianity. This positive energy cannot be described or defined as christian since it dwells in all creation.

Adstar: When The Holy Spirit is within you then love is ruling you.

Battig1370: Yes, I agree. Personal peace is only possible when love rules within the individual.
Your saying world peace is impossible. Can you imagine what the world would be like, if love rules in every aspect of the human community?

WORLD PEACE; --- many people believe it's impossible, for those people it is impossible; --- many don't want world peace, and they will try anything to prevent it from happening; --- But the people that believe it is possible will be united as one in mind and purpose with LOVE for the sake of the children .

ASK A LITTLE CHILD, if he or she would want to live in a world where love ruled in every aspect of the human community? How much longer is it going to take for mankind to realize that it is only when LOVE RULES that PEACE will be possible!

Peace be with you, Paul

battig1370 said:
Adstar: When The Holy Spirit is within you then love is ruling you.

Battig1370: Yes, I agree. Personal peace is only possible when love rules within the individual.
Your saying world peace is impossible. Can you imagine what the world would be like, if love rules in every aspect of the human community?

Yes i do imagine it and it fills me with joy to know it will one day be so. But i know that whilst Human beings in their current state run the show then there will never be world peace.

WORLD PEACE; --- many people believe it's impossible, for those people it is impossible; --- many don't want world peace, and they will try anything to prevent it from happening; --- But the people that believe it is possible will be united as one in mind and purpose with LOVE for the sake of the children .

It is the curse of mankind that he is able (knowing Good) to dream that dream and think up perfect systems to support such a perfect state and see their dreams and systems undermined by the corruption (knowing Evil) of man.

ASK A LITTLE CHILD, if he or she would want to live in a world where love ruled in every aspect of the human community? How much longer is it going to take for mankind to realize that it is only when LOVE RULES that PEACE will be possible!

Fear of other men will always subvert the desire to live in love with other men. For deep down all men know the evil that other men can do. It is only when one accepts the way the world is and no longer fears death can man love all other men even those that would kill them. The peace is a personal peace within those who believe in eternity with God. It will only be when all mens souls are made perfect by an act of God that our wish ( for world peace ) will come. Until then the only peace we have is that personal peace.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

The Way of the LORD --- "A new commandment I give to you, That you love one another; as I haved loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. (John 13:34-35).

When have you heard a world leader say to his people, love your neighbor as you love yourself? And let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and truth.

PEACE is only possible in The Way of the LORD. For anyone who disagrees, let the world know and show the world of another way for PEACE.

Peace be with you, Paul who is from 'The Peace Country'

When the leaders of communities, and countries in the world believe in 'The Way of the LORD, then PEACE IS POSSIBLE.

Peace be with you, Paul

Shouting words like "LORD" "PEACE" etc does not make your views more palatable or credible. If you have some rational, intelligent argument to offer, please do. Shouting platitudes won't change the world (or anybody here's minds) one iota.

The Way of the Lord --- "A new commandment I give to you, That you love one another; as I haved loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. (John 13:34-35).

When have you heard a world leader say to his people, love your neighbor as you love yourself? And let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and truth.

When the leaders of communities, and countries in the world believe in 'The Way of the Lord', then peace is possible.

Peace is only possible in The Way of the Lord. For anyone who disagrees, let the world know and show the world of another way for peace.

Silas, do you know of another way for peace?

Peace be with you, Paul

good quote, snakelord, another version from my favorite gospel, the Gospel of Thomas:

16) Jesus said, "Men think, perhaps, that it is peace which I
have come to cast upon the world. They do not know that it is
dissension which I have come to cast upon the earth: fire, sword,
and war. For there will be five in a house: three will be against
two, and two against three, the father against the son, and the
son against the father. And they will stand solitary."

and:

10) Jesus said, "I have cast fire upon the world, and see, I am
guarding it until it blazes."

battig1370 , you say:
"When the leaders of communities, and countries in the world believe in 'The Way of the Lord', then peace is possible."
But, when that was really the case, as in old europe, there was no peace. In fact, belief in the lord was responsible for the deaths of many women, non-believers, and unconventional believers, to say nothing of the suppression of scientific facts. Sure, if everyone was the same, there might be no conflict, but what a horrible, conformist world that would be. If everyone was communist, there would also be world peace, or facism, or anything else. Peace is not to be achieved by promoting a single worldview, but rather, tolerance for diversity.

Why is it, almost every Christian I know supports wars, not just in Iraq, but in general? For the most part, they are complete hypocrites.

World peace is a good goal, but in forcing it to come about before its time, we would fail to resolve the underlying causes for conflict, and leave the seeds for future war. You demand love, but tell me, how do you make people love that don't? Just telling someone to love, and reasoning that it would be better in an abstract way doesn't change anything. Millions of Hindus, Buddhists, and others will never believe in the Lord. I think this is how Christians rationalize the violence which is truly in their souls; because many in the world don't follow the "Way of the Lord"- then war is the inevitable outcome. All other avenues of conflict resolution are then closed. The violence is a reflection of the internal conflict Christians feel because they are caught in a double-bind. You SHOULD be one way because that is what you are told, but you know deep inside you aren't that way, so therefore, you pretend, put on a good face, ie., smile when you're not happy. You wear the symbol of SAVED on the outside, while inside, you know you're full of sin. You think you follow a religion of peace, while supporting warmongering leaders, intolerant laws, and leaving the poor at the mercy of the charitable whims of the rich. All this has nothing to do with Jesus.

Why doesn't God step in and just create world peace? A god of love who sits back and watches death and destruction is not a God of love.

Please don't quote scriptures written years after the fact to answer this.

Back