um wow?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Liebling, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

So now we are down to just deleting threads we don't like?

Interesting indeed

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

Nevermind. Apparently opposition is considered trash aka cesspool.

It's actually worse than I thought

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

The only threads that tend to be deleted here are spam threads from new members who are immediately banned.

Threads that have no useful purpose can be removed to the Cesspool.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

I'm interested to know why you think that open dialog on a questionable decision doesn't belong in the SF open government section. What is the purpose of this sub forum at all?

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

To quote from the Site rules:

G. Feedback and Complaints
    1. Members are encouraged to post general feedback regarding sciforums in the Site Feedback subforum. Matters of general interest regarding site policies and moderation (but not about individual moderators) should be posted to the Open Government subforum.

2. Specific complaints concerning the moderation of individual posts should in the first instance be directed by Personal Messaging to the moderator of the subforum in question. If that does not resolve the issue, send a personal message to a supermoderator or administrator.

3. Complaints about individual moderators should be directed to the administrators by Personal Messaging.​

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Liebling... thing is, the decision wasn't questionable in the slightest. A member was warned about something posted. Said posted material was removed. In simple defiance and out of sheer disrespect, said member reposted it. Thus, he was given a sterner punishment.

Pretty much a case of 1+1=2 if you ask me...

10. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

I guess it would be if someone was ignorant of the history, yes. Clearly, when adding one plus one to equal two, you should know the makeup of each one you are adding. Because people aren't numbers, and the truth is subjective.

People aren't math, people are perceptions. A whole slew of perceptions from all sides. You can't really quantify people, when you start doing so, you become more and more sociopathic and less in touch with humanity. I personally would warn against it.

And JamesR, I was questioning the decision, I did not know you were one of the moderators in question so my thread was not attacking you specifically, but the decision to ban someone who posted the same material as others but was the only one taken to task for it. It was only taken personally because of bias, not because of my saying so.

11. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

Extreme pragmatism in political functions is detrimental to the parties involved in the process. You have to temper in history and compassion when making judgement calls and playing hard ball or you end up doing people an injustice. Narcissism is the greatest setback that any politician can encounter in his/her career.

True Black and White are very rare occurrences, indeed. When things are declared to be black and white, it is usually because someone was too arrogant to notice the details around the edges. Often those details continue to erode at the core and all of the ignorant people who declared them pure will either continue to deny the grey, or learn to accept their faults and slowly but surely accept the flaws in their logic and pragmatism. Perhaps that comes with age, perhaps with experience. I used to think there was a benefit to being so sure of myself and so black and white, but now I realize how much of reality got past me and was lost.

I guess what I am saying is that if we are going to be fair and just, we should look at all people with the same objective lens, not use our subjectivity on individuals based on bias and/or pragmatic dogma.

12. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

In case you want to see the original thread he was banned for

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2795839&postcount=150

The reason he was banned:

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2796437&postcount=183

Someone else posting the same material with impunity:

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2799331&postcount=228

A well written assessment of the situation:

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2799225&postcount=224

And the thread that got him banned once again

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2897621&postcount=590

13. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

Thank you adoucette. I appreciate you pointing out areas where I had missed the original posts and issues. I read through them and my initial assessment stands, and it's a very grey muddled puddle since other posters also posted the material and did not get banned/warned. Also I did notice that the moderator in question was berated and insulted in the thread and yet, it had not been cesspooled like my own thread which did not pick on a particular moderator but only picked on the actions which were inconsistent and immaturely pragmatic.

I suppose this will also be cesspooled, since that is what one does these days with apposing viewpoints. Declare them insults and flush them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.