What does it mean when someone says, "Jesus is my personal savior?"

Medicine*Woman

Jesus: Mythstory--Not History!
Valued Senior Member
M*W: If Jesus was supposed to be mankind's savior, why do some christians refer to Jesus as their "personal savior?" Wouldn't that make christianity kind of like a polytheistic religion? It doesn't make sense to me. What does it mean to you that Jesus is your "personal savior?"

M*W: If Jesus was supposed to be mankind's savior, why do some christians refer to Jesus as their "personal savior?" Wouldn't that make christianity kind of like a polytheistic religion? It doesn't make sense to me. What does it mean to you that Jesus is your "personal savior?"

Because it is believed that Jesus is in the heart of every individual.

jan.

What is a Savior and why do we need a Savior? The Bible tells us that we have all sinned, we have all committed evil acts (Romans 3:10-18). As a result of our sin, we are worthy of God's anger and judgment. The only just punishment for sins committed against an infinite and eternal God is an infinite punishment (Romans 6:23; Revelation 20:11-15). That is why we need a Savior!

Jesus Christ came to earth and died in our place. Jesus' death, as God in the flesh, was an infinite payment for our sins (2 Corinthians 5:21). Jesus died to pay the penalty for our sins (Romans 5:8). Jesus paid the price so that we would not have to. Jesus' resurrection from the dead proved that His death was sufficient to pay the penalty for our sins. That is why Jesus is the one and only Savior (John 14:6; Acts 4:12)! Are you trusting in Jesus as your Savior?

Is Jesus your "personal" Savior? Many people view Christianity as attending church, performing rituals, not committing certain sins. That is not Christianity. True Christianity is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Accepting Jesus as your personal Savior means placing your own personal faith and trust in Him. No one is saved by the faith of others. No one is forgiven by doing certain deeds. The only way to be saved is to personally accept Jesus as your Savior, trusting His death as the payment for your sins, and His resurrection as your guarantee of eternal life (John 3:16). Is Jesus personally your Savior?

http://www.gotquestions.org/personal-Savior.html

It looks like god the younger has to save us from god the elder. Hilarious.

It looks like god the younger has to save us from god the elder. Hilarious.
No kidding.
God: "Even though I'm omnipotent, I still have to send a 'son' to earth to die on the cross for your sins, even though with my omnipotence, I could just 'pardon' everyone w/o all the bullshit/red tape."

No kidding.
God: "Even though I'm omnipotent, I still have to send a 'son' to earth to die on the cross for your sins, even though with my omnipotence, I could just 'pardon' everyone w/o all the bullshit/red tape."

It seems like each time a new prophet appears on the scene, he is "saving" us from the previous prophets mistakes.

It seems like each time a new prophet appears on the scene, he is "saving" us from the previous prophets mistakes.
I'm sorry but you just have to be really delusional to think that an onmipotent AND benevolent god would go about doing things that way. It just doesnt' add up.
Those procedures sound eerily like something man would do, not a supernatural deity.

Because it is believed that Jesus is in the heart of every individual.
M*W: Then can you explain how Jesus gets into the hearts of fetuses and very young children? Especially those who live in Sub-Saharan Muslim tribes.

Oh, Jesus, please come into my heart & save me from your other self who can't handle that I am the way it made me & if not for the Jesus side of you, would have me suffer horribly for eternity.
I am so grateful you choose to sacrifice yourself for a few days so that I can loophole out of the contract your other side forced on me before I was born.
(Deserve's got nothing to do with it.)

Regardless of whether he his man kinds savior, one needs to personalize it as their own.
Each person is their own Jesus christ.

HELLO

HAPPY cHRISTMAS AND nEW yEARS too all (sorry caps round the wrong way)

I am guessing what is meant by all this is that if you follow the way jesus conducted his life than you will be a pretty good dude which means you wont go to Hell.

obnviously if you do not believe in all this you dont really give a fuck!!

This and other phrases mean, "I'm a member of a special club".

Back