what is the greatest song ever??if u say anything by Greenday il personally kick ur a

"Hotel California" by the Eagles. But you have to be a Californian to understand it and be moved by it.

On a dark desert highway, cool breeze in my hair... that's the way I arrived.

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave... that's the way I feel after almost five years in this hellhole called "Anywhere east of the Rockies."

Anything by Green Day.

I also like stuff by the Doors, Coldplay, the Mars Volta, Metallica, Modest Mouse, Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Apocalyptica, the Cranberries, Rob Zombie, Santana, t.A.T.u., Tom Petty, Big & Rich...

So basically, I like all sorts of music.

Any music with actual meaning or passion behind it is great in my book... (assuming it takes talent to sing/play the song and isnt just some rap song...)

Green day was good before they decided that they're political ideas had to be shared and eyeliner was better then flanel and a t-shirt.

Glosoli By sigur ros is an amazing work of art.

Redefine by incubus is very well done as well.

Green day was good before they decided that they're political ideas had to be shared and eyeliner was better then flanel and a t-shirt.

How does political opinion and appearance determine how good a band's songs are? To each his own, I guess, but what the fuck? :confused:

Any way, I was, of course, joking about Green Day, I haven't heard any songs by them.
Imo, there can be no greatest song ever, because greatness is subjective and our perception is constantly changing.

Most of those songs are great but -- greatest ever?

I mean, Welcome to the Jungle is a great song and all, but you do realize those guys had perms? ;)

Hotel California is a legitimate contender for greatest ever.

Anyway, I dunno... Hard to choose.

Kashmir?

Back