What would you like to see installed on SciForums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see a high voltage tazer-like system installed, so when you see serious woo, you can just press a button and send an intense, but non-lethal electric jolt to the poster.

(puts on thick rubber gloves)

I'd say an automatic Woo-Woo dectector so that we can eliminate such nonsense before we need read it. :rolleyes:
That would be acceptable only if each individual member were able to select his or her own definition of "woo woo" and the site worked from that. Combine it with MacGyver's taser system?
Or perhaps one SciForums per member?

What would you like to see installed on SciForums?

Winning Lotto numbers engine. Then we all share the prizes, and have big parties together in the Maldives, until they shut us down. I'll bring The Plane for beer runs.

RSS feed?

Inzomnia said:

Yes, thanks for mentioning it! I would like to get email notification when a certain poster posting, as in "subscribe to threads", but this one is "subscribe to posters".

I've never done much subscribing because the whole email thing seems cumbersome. But I was thinking ... what if it was an RSS feed subscription?

Of course, that might be really complex. But developers love a challenge.

"Does the vending machine sell Red Bull?"

You get anything you want, so long as nobody gets hurt. So maybe only 3 cans for you.

absolutely no new installs
uninstall everything in "community" and calender
bookmarks too

attachments should be reinstalled
search should be upgraded to the max

the encyclopedia is cool

once again, this is not facebook,

ja
sci, a piece of paper with scribbles on it

I've never noticed calendar before.
It's quite useful I think, for finding out what day of the week things happen on.
Perhaps we could get a calculator drop down too, and a little clock.

Last edited:
awsome..plazma is a mind reader..i've been thinking about #4 and down the list for some time now..but if signatures will be enabled they HAVE TO be hidden by defult..otherwise the page will be a kilometer long..if you want to see a posters signature..you click on a "show signature" button or something..once in a while is usually enough..

Seriously-
A reputation system, where you can assign negative or positive rep to a person for a good or bad post, and the more positive your reputation the more weight your negs and posis hold, etc.
Lots of forums have it, it's pretty good.

Seriously-
A reputation system, where you can assign negative or positive rep to a person for a good or bad post, and the more positive your reputation the more weight your negs and posis hold, etc.

Which forums have that?
I'd like to have a look.

Seriously-
Reputation system is default option in vBulletin. It could be enabled in a minute.
However, they offer really silly reputation comments by default:

userreputationvbulletin.png

But fortunately it could be changed.

Which forums have that?
I'd like to have a look.
Here is an example: http://www.webxpertz.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37972

You'll see rep as green bar in the user box.
When you place a mouse on the bar, you'll get description of a reputation level.

Hamster wheel in a maze

Gustav said:

once again, this is not facebook,

ja
sci, a piece of paper with scribbles on it

While I agree with you, Gustav, I would also remind that we're lab rats.

Or did I just give away a secret? I don't think so. But maybe Plazma can erase this, vaporize me, and wipe everyone else's memories. I recall, for some reason, that when the new ownership introduced itself, we learned that they had software development interests, and a well-populated forum with consistent traffic would be helpful to their endeavors.

So, in truth, I've been wondering for a while now when we would see dramatic changes.

However, they offer really silly reputation comments by default:
Meh, I don't think they're so bad, and what you really end up paying attention to are the green and red gems on the user's page under reputation recieved, the comments next to them and the post that the comments link to (the post which was neg'd or pos'd).
It's a really good way to size up a member and their standing in the community, their history of good and/or bad behaviour, I mean you don't have to search their post history, you basically get the highlights (and lowlights) of it summarised when you click on their name.
Also, everyone ends up kind of caring (while constantly insisting they don't) and so everyone is striving to be better, making better posts of more substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back