Which non-theistic philosophy/system is your closest match?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by James R, Feb 11, 2021.

1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

This thread is for atheists/non-believers/non-theists/freethinkers.

If you're a theist, the quiz probably won't really apply to you. It assumes that you do not believe in what most people call "god", although it does test for beliefs in naturalistic "gods".

http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/select.php?client=atheistphilo

Post your results if you like.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

My top 5 results, from the quiz:

1. Secular humanism (100%)
    2. Agnostic Church (95%) [I've never heard of it.]
    3. Universal Unitarianism. (67%) [I don't know much about it.]
    4. Transhumanism. (61%) [I'm surprised at that. I think it's probably because I said I wouldn't mind losing my personal identity if I could be one with the universe (with low priority), or something like that. But then again, it's only a 61% "match", according to whatever the quiz criteria are.]
    5. Rationalism. (57%)

Further down the list I see things like "Scientific pantheism" [I don't really know what that would be, but if it requires belief that something (the universe?) is god, it doesn't describe me], the "Church of Freethought" [never heard of it] and "Zen Atheism" [huh?].

Further down again, we start to hit non-theistic religions like Deism, Taoism, Therevada Buddhism etc.

I'm pleased to see that I got a low score for Randian Objectivism (15%) and a zero for moral/cultural relativism.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. elte Valued Senior Member

Doesn't look too inaccurate, except #1 is off somewhat.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Not surprized... i scored 100% in 2 diferent catigories.!!!

Confucianism (100%)

Relativism, moral/cultural (100%)

Atheism a la American Atheists (82%)

Transhumanism (71%)

Ethical Culture (58%)

Not sure if its related or not... but when i clicked the button for my result a little puff of smoke came out of my chromebook

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Like most quizzes some of the questions aren't the best. My results were similar to James except that I got 100% in 4 different areas. The problem questions I just chose "indifferent" because they weren't valid questions to me.

Any that asked something impling that there was some reason or logic to the Universe I just chose "indifferent" because however you answered kind of implied you think there is some logic or right and wrong in the Universe.

If a bad person does something wrong, bad things do tend to happen to them but not because of some Karma or Universe thinking. That just tends to be a consequence of that kind of behavior. If you yell in someone's face long enough you will probably get punched but not because of any Universe logic or Karma.

Some questions were true enough but they weren't the complete answer so I thought the overall test was pretty flawed. Although I don't disagree with my results as they are pretty obvious without the test.

9. river

Humanity . Before gods , demi-gods ; etc , We were . That is philosophy of my system . Our identiy . As Humans . Humans being their own being . Nothing else like Us , in this Universe .

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Try posting on topic, river. Or leave the thread. Does this even apply to you?