Who designed the designer?

Xelasnave.1947

Valued Senior Member
The notion of an intelligent designer seems to be religions contribution to science... Not.
But it stuck me today to enquire who designed the designer.
Did God design the designer or was the designer an alien sent here to design life suitable for the planet Earth.
Alex

intelligent designer seems to be religions contribution to science... Not.

From memory about the legal case where the Intelligent Design proponents were going to argue the case ID had no connection with religion but was a serious scientific theory

During the discovery stage, where each side of the argument gives the other side the documents which they intend to present to court, those opposed to ID being taught as science made startling discovery within the proponents documents

It appeared the proponents had used teaching documents which were littered with references to god as a team for the ID documents

They actually did more than just use the documents as a template. They used something called Search and Replace in the Word Processing Program

Memory is a bit hazy here. I just Googled and found this

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/9601689/n...t/creation-terms-replaced-intelligent-design/

From memory the Search and Replace tool didn't just take a full word (and only a full word) and replaced it with a new word update. If the old word was embedded within a longer word that portion was removed and the updated word inserted

Since the opponent's of ID had versions of god text and ID text they could establish a high degree of compatibility

Just as well there is no IDer as he might have inserted, in the nicest possible way, some of his I into the proponents of teaching ID

:)

The notion of an intelligent designer seems to be religions contribution to science... Not.
Did God design the designer or was the designer an alien sent here to design life suitable for the planet Earth.
Alex

God is usually considered the designer and then the question becomes, who designed God. Your thread seems to start with God not being the designer?

It seems to me the more serious question is , who put the ram in rama lama ding dong?

From memory about the legal case where the Intelligent Design proponents were going to argue the case ID had no connection with religion but was a serious scientific theory

During the discovery stage, where each side of the argument gives the other side the documents which they intend to present to court, those opposed to ID being taught as science made startling discovery within the proponents documents

It appeared the proponents had used teaching documents which were littered with references to god as a team for the ID documents

They actually did more than just use the documents as a template. They used something called Search and Replace in the Word Processing Program

Memory is a bit hazy here. I just Googled and found this

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/9601689/n...t/creation-terms-replaced-intelligent-design/

From memory the Search and Replace tool didn't just take a full word (and only a full word) and replaced it with a new word update. If the old word was embedded within a longer word that portion was removed and the updated word inserted

Since the opponent's of ID had versions of god text and ID text they could establish a high degree of compatibility

Just as well there is no IDer as he might have inserted, in the nicest possible way, some of his I into the proponents of teaching ID

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Cdesign_proponentsists

I discovered various online science forums during the Dover trial. I heard of this "theory", intelligent design. So I started searching for the actual theory. Never found it.

Langan:
Cognitive-Theoretic Model of the Universe
self actualizing, self aware, and self created universe?

Perhaps, with the given elements, there was/is limited potential pattern or path or limitation of possible developmental outcomes?

????????????????????????

Langan:

Perhaps, with the given elements, there was/is limited potential pattern or path or limitation of possible developmental outcomes?

????????????????????????

Langan:

Doubt very much the self aspect. To me implies existent intelligence which made itself (NOT Intelligent Design which made the Universe outside of itself)
Both cases to my understanding fail

Sure. Physics can only work with what it has. Another reason for failure of self actualizing, self aware, and self created universe? (Granted a weak one but put in the indicate it has been considered) If the Universe could create itself surely it could have done a better job. Yes yes I know - with that discussion I am asking for the mind of the Universe to be comprehended by Earthling minions

The designer is not a god . The designer is getting the information from this beings without .
Your meaning is not clear in your second sentence could you be clearer please.
You say the designer is not God so can you tell me who the designer was?
Alex

I just thought of a good name if they ever decide to rename this site..."The Hot Mess Discussion Forum".

I just thought of a good name if they ever decide to rename this site..."The Hot Mess Discussion Forum".
Or in keeping with the religious nature of the mess The Hot Spaghetti (with a nod to Science) Entanglement

Alex
The answer is obvious: it's turtles all the way down!

;)

Alex

Why would God be designed?
Seems like a silly question.

Does asking that question help to justify your atheism?

Jan.

Back