Who's your favorite Superhero?

What.......?

We've run out of superheroes already?

What about super villains?

This one looks like a bad news babe.....

argentcomicsik0.jpg

Remember "The Mystery men"

MysteryMen_23.jpg

The Sphinxes Superpower is that he's Mysterious.

Sphinx quotes:

"He who questions training only trains himself at asking questions."

"We are number one. All others are number two, or lower."

"You must be like wolf pack, not six-pack."

Check out the claws on this kitten, lol.....
She could pop off beer bottle caps, no problem.

10554.jpg

LOL......

My guess is that it's either a cut-out design, or she's had to take evasive action to retain what coverage she's got. :D

I'd go with the original Beyonder. Omnipotence just takes the superhero to its logical conclusion.

beyonder.gif

It's been a while since I read comics......

One interesting thing about this thread is that I am hearing about characters that I had never come across before.

Although not native to this dimension, the Beyonder was one of the most powerful beings ever to exist in the Marvel Universe. In the original Secret Wars storyline, he was the be-all and end-all of his universe that took corporeal form to better understand the nature of human beings. After his creator, Jim Shooter, left Marvel, writer-editor Tom DeFalco, displeased with Shooter's tenure at Marvel, re-tooled the Beyonder and altered his origin. He was no longer omnipotent as many initially believed, being an incomplete Cosmic Cube, with less raw power and the same limitations of a complete cube. Nonetheless, he possessed vast psionic abilities allowing him to manipulate matter and energy at a cosmic level beyond all but the most powerful of cosmic entities.

He was shown and described to repel Galactus "like a bug",[19] and even greatly exceeded the collected energy of the latter's World-Ship.[20] He once destroyed a galaxy on a whim to meet his needs during the first Secret Wars,[19] and later, by using his entire energies, created a universe out of his own being.[21] When the Molecule Man extracted the Beyonder from Kosmos, their battle took place in more than three dimensions, and threatened vast portions of reality.[22] In Kosmos' 'Maker' incarnation, she was stated as capable of reversing The Crunch itself, essentially collapsing the entire universe.[23] The Beyonder could endow himself with a corporeal form of practically limitless strength and endurance. However, his scale of power has been stated as below that of the Living Tribunal and Eternity,[21] the Celestials,[24] or the Molecule Man.[22]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyonder

Of the traditional superheroes, I liked Gambit, Captain America and Green Lantern.

Include new superheroes, Big Daddy and Hit-Girl.

Witchazel was an enemy of Vulcan (Erich Thonius) and leader of the Coalition of Crime. She is believed to be much older than she appears, and claims to have been the witch in the story of Hanzel and Gretel.

Witchazeldcu.png

445px-Witchazel_01.jpg

It's interesting to see that there are so many obscure comic book superheroes around.

First off "Bumblebee" from DC comics Teen Titans, she docent really do anything for me. She's obscure and probably deserves to be.

I've not read Son of Vulcan, it sounds a bit lame to me, but Witchhazel looks pretty cool and probably deserves more attention then just being a one off villain.

Doctor Solar, Man of the Atom is very 1950s -60s. First published by Gold Key Comics he was rereleased in the 2000s by Dark Horse Comics.
His origin and powers appear to be similar the Dr. Manhattan from "The Watchmen" Who was based on the Charlton Comics character from the 60s call Captain Atom.

StrangeSuspenseStories75.jpg

I'll throw his into the Mix: The artwork is really cool.

elephantmen-movie.jpg

Some two hundred years from now, the MAPPO Corporation, headed by the misanthropic and megalomaniacal Japanese scientist, Dr Kazushi Nikken, breed human/animal hybrids in a secure, top secret facility somewhere in North Africa. The hybrids are composed of numerous African animal species including Warthogs, Elephants, Camels, Zebras, Rhinos, Hippos, Giraffes and Crocodiles. The process involves implanting embryos into the wombs of kidnapped local women who are disposed of after giving birth. Each child is branded after birth marking them as the property of MAPPO.
These Elephantmen are trained from birth to be soldiers and killers, they are indoctrinated in an Orwellian mindset to think of themselves as property of the MAPPO Corporation and to deny any concept of freethought.
The U.N. upon discovering these experiments sends in an army to storm MAPPO's Secret base. While their mission has not been elaborated at this stage it seems to be a combination of liberating the Elephantmen, investigating the attacks on the local populace and ending the development of MAPPO's illegal army.
MAPPO turns the Elephantmen on the U.N. troops, and horrendous casualties are inflicted on both sides. Ultimately the U.N. succeed in subduing the Elephantmen and the MAPPO Personnel are arrested. The Elephantmen are rehabilitated and released to establish their own lives in the outside world where they are generally welcomed with distrust and horror from humans. Many of the Elephantmen were assigned jobs by the government.

elephantmen20_c1.jpg

Last edited:
Back