Write4U's wobbly world of word salad woo

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by Write4U, Oct 3, 2023.

1. Pinball1970 Valued Senior Member

They are not true at the basic level that is the whole point. Mixing up wave, wavelength and frequency and bunch of other concepts illustrate that.

This is a forum not a university so I suppose you can still keep going according to the forum rules. For me personally I think it is wrong to post this kind of stuff, other people, young people could read it and think the post is from a source of some authority when it is not. Send them on the wrong path, kids like to browse these sites if they are geeky. A good thing to be in my eyes.

I will leave this now to the other guys (second time) for want of committing the act of deceased equine flagellation.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. exchemist Valued Senior Member

It's for fear of that that I sometimes get involved, in the hope of straightening out some of the wrong or garbled ideas.

Pinball1970 likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pinball1970 Valued Senior Member

I am done trying to convince him of making a right turn BUT I will correct any posts going forward from him.
    For the sake of the observer.

Write4U likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Write4U Valued Senior Member

It's about time. If you are trying to be a teacher, you are failing miserably in your "clever rendition of "beating a dead horse". You haven't shown me a single "truth".

I don't respond well to ad hominem by complete strangers. It smacks of prejudice and authoritarianism to me.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
  8. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Good. It does not need to be accompanied by ad hominem.

9. Pinball1970 Valued Senior Member

[/QUOTE]
    I did not do a PGCE or B.Ed. (UK) but I have trained dozens of new starters and student placements over the years.

Mainly how to use the technology, the underlying science and best way to handle and interpret the data.

That was part of my job, often the student had English as a second language.

German, French, Portuguese, Italian being the first.

33 years and still counting.

If you think I am failing miserably as teacher that is probably because you are unwilling to learn.

I have not shown you any “truths” because I tend to leave that kind of a thing to philosophers.

I was happy to show you some structure behind some of the concepts, but you were not interested.

I don't respond well to ad hominem.

“Ad hominem?” Every single objection I have raised is to do with what you have posted.

Have I now reached certain conclusions about your methods? Your approach? You?

Well yes. You keep repeating the same behaviour, if you post 9 things one way I expect the 10th to be similar.

Plus you keep confirming this behaviour telling me what your approach is, that is not Ad hominem, that is using the scientific method to make predictions about the outcome of an event.

“It smacks of prejudice”

Why on earth would I be prejudiced? Because you are young? Old? Male? Female? American? I have no idea of your demographic.

“and authoritarianism.”

We do not have authorities in science and technology we have experts.

An unknown PhD student can potentially overturn a consensus with their thesis if verified.

10. Write4U Valued Senior Member

. You seem quite eager to sling ad hominems. You said I am incapable of understanding from a few words I used?
    I don't care if you "mean well".
    I expect you to act civilly and respectfully as I have afforded you.

I don't study how things work. I study what they mean. You should have noticed by now that missives are almost always accompanied by quotes from peer-reviewed publications. If I introduce something from a less reputable source it is because it introduces a new perspective on a lesser-known area that is nevertheless of interest.

I am interested in the very subjects that have given science fits for many years, not because I want to solve the equations, but to understand what it is that makes them seem in conflict, which IMO is impossible.

The universe has no conflicts. It started from a simple imbalance of a fundamental state and expanded in accordance with universal mathematical guidance. All potentially conflicting conditions throughout the universe have long since been naturally resolved, not by humans but by itself.

My main interest right now lies in microtubules and the growing field of knowledge in the role of MT in the emergence of consciousness an area of interest to Roger Penrose.
    If there is any question about my methods of research and study, check out the 140+ pages of pertinent and tangently related articles by very reputable scientists.

My second interest is in the generic mathematics of the universe that deal not with human-symbolized numbers but with physical interactive values. 'The language of the Universe".

I particularly like the development of CDT (Causal Dynamical Triangulation) which proposes a fractal (mathematical) essence to spacetime that allowed for the emerging orderly patterns rooted in the fractal unfolding of spacetime.

Eventually you will find that certain common denominators tie seemingly disparate subjects together in a grander landscape. And that is where there is little information because it is at scales and dimensions previously outside our ability to observe or test. CERN was a tremendous human accomplishment and allowed Higgs to "tease" the
    elusive Higgs boson from the bosonic field.

I don't use my info, I use scientific info. Even if my conclusion seem wrong , you cannot fault the science.

And as far as my usage of scientific terminology, yes I make up "strings" to condense what might otherwise take half a page and I am just making a general observation in a "conversational" manner.

It is true, I lack knowledge of scientific jargon. But I always use a valid dictionary definition and is easy to test "common denominators" between the two.

The results as I see them speak of a symbiotic relationship in a mathematical sense.
    Why is the proper biological term to refer to a human as a biome?

IMO, the mathematics of this universe must be compatible at all levels or we could not wonder at the majesty of a quasi-intelligent "guiding force" without having to resort to an imaginary "motivated" sky-daddy.

This is why mathematics are the proof of

Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
  11. Pinball1970 Valued Senior Member

Ill sum it up in THREE words.
    Dunning Kruger.

12. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Yeah, yeah, here we go.
    "Click"

13. Pinball1970 Valued Senior Member

I really tried with you! Read my posts back.
    I actually thought posters were harsh with you when I joined the site until I engaged and came to the same conclusion.
    That's is what happens when you apply the scientific method to a situation.
    If you still think you are being attacked or whatever that is your issue.

You may be a wonderful human being, that is not my bone of contention.
    IF you post silly nonsense, I will point it out.

14. Write4U Valued Senior Member

So, you think that differential equations do not apply to real-world problems?

Let's see:

Differential equations

Applications
    Differential equations examples in real-life applications .

Linear Differential Equations Real World Example
    Differential Equations Applications

Applications
    Now, go through the differential equations examples in real-life applications .
    more....

https://byjus.com/maths/differential-equations-applications/

Mathematics (differential equations) apply and are deterministic to every physical interaction in the universe.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2023
  15. Pinball1970 Valued Senior Member

You don't understand mathematics, why are you posting this?

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

No, I don't think that. Why would that be something you took away from what I wrote to you? I said nothing of the sort.
    Wrong.

17. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Where?

18. Pinball1970 Valued Senior Member

QM for a start, QM is probabilistic so that is the entire universe.

19. Pinball1970 Valued Senior Member

You can use it to make calculations for motion but you can use work arounds too.
    So that is everything that moves.

Can YOU say what you mean? In your own words without pasting?

20. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Sure, he has no idea at all what a differential equation is, even though he has just read what it is (and in spite of previous explanations from me and others).

He's lost his grip on the meaning of words. You can see that even with his use of "deterministic". Your attempt to point out that QM precludes deterministic behaviour (which is why Einstein was unhappy with it) will sail right over his head.

Pinball1970 likes this.
  21. Write4U Valued Senior Member

I addressed quantum way way back. May I remind you that quantum is still a mathematical function.

What Is Superposition and Why Is It Important?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Credit: Shutterstock
    more.... https://scienceexchange.caltech.edu/topics/quantum-science-explained/quantum-superposition

Quantum Superposition doing mathematics in a computer? Can you explain that?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2023
  22. exchemist Valued Senior Member

"Quantum is still a mathematical function".

Er, right.

No further questions, m'lud.

Pinball1970 likes this.
  23. Pinball1970 Valued Senior Member

Rather than move onto yet another subject, can you address the fact you were completely wrong about determinism and QM?