I voted Democrat

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 786, Nov 2, 2010.

1. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

hey at least you didn't have someone who felt she deserved it is a valid defense for rape running for governor in your state

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superstring01 Moderator

Mod Note: Adoucette has been suspended until tomorrow. He has the honor of casting the first stone tonight and I don't want to sit here and read a flame war for the rest of the evening.

That being said--ALL OF YOU [esp. USAmericans]--the mod team has their fingers on the "suspend" button, especially given the heated climate of the US elections this evening.

Play nice or go sit in front of the TV and spend your night there.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. superstring01 Moderator

Oh GAWD, who was that?

~String

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superstring01 Moderator

Dems are sweeping NY. No big surprise, especially given the insane whack-job of a Republican gubernatorial candidate (brought to you by www.godhatesfags.com)

~String

8. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Nathan Deal running for governor in Georgia and will probably win. Anyone who supports grilling a rape victim on what they were wearing during the attack is someone who lacks the ethics to be in office.

9. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I voted democrat, but still think they are doomed.

10. Poochie Guest

10:04 PM ET: All of the networks are projecting that, when all the results are in, the GOP will win a majority in the House tonight.

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

no surprise

12. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

I also would have voted for Rand Paul.

I voted for a couple of Republicans and a bunch of third party candidates.

13. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

None of the Republican's in my state had any kick to them- just a bunch of losers (although I'm registered Republican because of Ron Paul primaries in 2008)

Peace be unto you

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

What it really comes down to is stop wasting money on projects or earmarks that really aren't needed. Once those can be eliminated we would have only the things necessary to have a better society. But what one person thinks is unnecessary another thinks has to be implemented so we are screwed as has been pointed out.

15. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

pj,

GA Gov Race – Rape Victim Sacrifices Privacy to Defend Deal
    October 21st, 2010 § Leave a Comment

Last night on Channel 2 Action News, Betty Beasley, in disgust over Roy Barnes’ rape shield commercial attacking Nathan Deal, sacrificed her privacy to defend Deal. Beasley, raped while babysitting when she was 14 years old, said “I believe he (Deal) will protect the women of Georgia”. She went on, “I remembered they tried to make me look slutty and trashy and Mr. Deal stopped them every time.”

Action News, Lori Geary, prefaced the interview by saying ”Betty Beasley says she had to speak out in support of Nathan Deal after an attack ad by his opponent, Roy Barnes, accusing Deal of gutting Georgia’s rape shield law.”

In her last statement of the interview, Beasley went on to say, “I apologize to Mr. Deal for not ever saying thank you.” She went on, “this is my way of getting to say thank you for what he did for me, and for all women that have been raped, it’s a thank you.”

Throughout this latest ordeal precipitated by Barnes’ attack ad, he shows a flagrant disregard for human sensitivity which was prevalent in his turn of the century term as Governor, towards teachers, among others. In this case, he brings up a false claim against Deal that highlights one of women’s greatest fears and one of the most heinous crimes in society.

http://www.wsbtv.com/video/25456906/

http://thescottpapers.wordpress.com/2010/10/21/rape-victim-sacrifices-privacy-to-defend-deal/

16. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

it a matter of public record that he tried to make it possible to attack a rape victim in such away to blame them for their attack. just because one rape victim who is probably a republican no matter what person( there are a lot of them down in Georgia) doesn't change the fact he made it harder for rape victims to get justice. just like when the guy Cheney shot in the face apoligized it didn't mean Cheney didn't shoot him in the face the same goes here. We both know if this is was a republican making such a claim you'd call it fact no matter what

17. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Then produce that public record.

18. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

It was appropriate, or maybe you missed this gem by Tiassa:

According to Tiassa, Republicans are liars who don't care, are racists, biggots, greedy, against civil rights and in favor of rape.

Any wonder why people like Tiassa make the political process so polarized?

Arthur

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  19. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

People like Tiassia did not make polarized politics, people like buffalo and you did with your everything our way attitude no matter what did.

20. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

I can only speak for myself but you will NOT find any post of mine that has a remotely similar set of charges as posted by Tiassa

Who in just a few sentences claimed that Republicans are liars who don't care, are racists, biggots, greedy, against civil rights and are in favor of rape.

I'll argue about POLICY, but I won't argue that the people who I disagree with are doing so because they are simply despicable humans as Tiassa suggests is the case.

Our system only works when the two sides learn to compromise.
    You should consider it some time.

Arthur

21. John99 Banned Banned

PJ, i will tell you right now and i have no doubts who screwed Obama over and it wasnt the Republicans and it wasnt even a majority of Democrats either.

22. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Right. What's objectionable about that? All seems pretty clearly accurate to me.

As well you shouldn't, since the people disagreeing with you are not despicable, or acting out of despicable motives. That does not imply that those who agree with you aren't.

The systemic failures to compromise that inhibit the function of our system are originating on your side.

Look around you: the right is totally hung up on the politics of ideology and emotion, which brook no compromise. The Democrats are committed to economic politics, and want to sit down and work out the best policies. Every time they try, the GOP exploits it as an opportunity for obstruction and partisan gain.

23. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

You still haven't produced the public record.