North Korea

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Zephyr, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

"Did `never again' simply mean `never again will Germans kill Jews in Europe between 1939 and 1945?'"

"An officer ordered me to select 50 healthy female prisoners," she testified. "One of the guards handed me a basket full of soaked cabbage, told me not to eat it, but to give it to the 50 women. I gave them out and heard a scream. . . . They were all screaming and vomiting blood. All who ate the cabbage leaves started violently vomiting blood and screaming with pain. It was hell. In less than 20 minutes, they were dead."

source

Witnesses have described watching entire families being put in glass chambers and gassed. They are left to an agonising death while scientists take notes.

source

Is this still happening? Why hasn't the UN, the EU or the USA intervened? Where is the diplomacy? Where are the sanctions? The threat of force?

And what happened to 'never again'? The memory of the dead should be honoured, but the lives of the living take priority.

If we wait for the regime to collapse - eventually - and then wander in, stare in horror at the corpses and mouth "but we didn't know..." - we'll be bald-faced liars, won't we?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

All are afraid of China. Without its' blessing no-one will step foot in NK.
    Besides, unlike Iraq, NK does have WMD's.

"Never again" was just a catchy political slogan.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

So China sanctions the camps, even if indirectly?

(And that's how politics works? Beat the dog but hide from the wolf...)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Not really, China doesn't have all that good relations with NK. NK has better relations with Russia,
    but(!) China will see Western armies on its' doorstep (NK) as a direct threat to itself. And I can not blame them at all. Would you trust the USA if were Chinese?
    Its' regional geopolitics and nothing to do with supporting NK.

Politics is a cowardly business and the polititians generally care only for their own skin and offshore bank accounts.
    They will attack NK if they see they and only they can gain something from that.

8. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

Ah Bullshit ! We were told the same story about the Serbs mass murdering and incinerating the corpses of Kosovans it never happened . The media told us Saddam was murdering 100,000's and burying them in mass graves , it was bullshit . What amazes me is the same media pulls the same propaganda stunt over and over , and minions like yourself keep going for it hook line and sinker , over and over again .

9. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Babies found in Iraqi mass grave

Got google?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Nine 9 Registered Senior Member

Go on Go in And kill another 100,000 or so and distroy the countries industry and then get bugged down in a war that you cannot win and then put it in the too hard basket and walk away from it.
    OH just a minute my wife told me that N Korea has the Nukes...opps,
    Lets put that war thought on the ice for now...

11. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

Do a follow up on you BBC article , if you could I want to see the outcome of this claim .
    Meanwhile .....................

12. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

NK does many many bad things, but we will do nothing about it because they have Nukes. End of story.

As usual Brian feels that the bad people of the world are perfect and do no harm.

13. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

I'd love to go and see the DPRK.

Their national songs are fantastic, one of which tells of Kim Jung Il's superhuman powers! ("No motherland without you" - ignore the shit midi, the original has a huge choir, brass etc.)

<table border=0><tr><td><center>LONG LIVE THE DEAR LEADER!</center></td></tr><tr><td>

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

</td></tr></table>

Last edited: Apr 2, 2006
  14. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Well one has to have superpowers to keep the country in such a shit state

15. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Last year I read that China did an assessment that showed even their army can not conquer NK before the NK flatten Seoul.

Also, NK will probably start suicide bombing campaigns against places like the 3 gorge dam not to mention sneezing bird flu and worse a modified small pox into the burgeoning Chinese cities.

1) The only answers I can think of for NK is to either seriously starve the nation into submission while upping the propaganda campaign.
    2) Sacrifice Seoul and just bomb NK flat.
    3) Sign a peace agreement, feed the entire population and hope that they change in time.

I like number 3.

Michael

16. Hurricane Angel I am the Metatron Registered Senior Member

Hahaha, that made me laugh.

17. Facial Valued Senior Member

US: North Korea does not have oil. Enough said.

18. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

I agree with that ... not only would numbers 1 and 2 kill off the people in the concentration camps but innocent civilians outside of the camps. Threat of force should be the last resort (and actual force the one after that) but can't China do something diplomatically, maybe ask for political prisoners to be exiled instead of murdered?