Хорошо!
Нормальна.
Собака!

translation:
"what's up?
--good
--OK
--dog!"

tak, ti Russki ili net? i prichiom tut sobaka?

translation please:

vandoag goa iek mee mun maoten lekker een potje kei-baanden. De is heul we beter dan een bietje aon uwe piemel stoan te trekke.

houdoe!

well, lemme try;
litteraly lol : today go me with my friends yummy a pot stone-tires. the is much we better then a little on yours wiener standing to pull.

haha dutch is funny. im going to let it with this litteraly translation, its better then the real one :D

No Norwegian is the best because Norway has been under both Danish and Swedish rule, bokmål from 100 years ago is almost identical to danish.

Is Bokmål the spoken standard too, or just written?

Sock puppet path said:
Here at home we watch Danish and Swedish TV once you understand the inflexion and a few key words in swedish that are different they're so easy even an american like me can understand

That's good. Then I guess I should learn Norwegian?

Przetłumacz to!

I don't understand Polish (right?).

Warum sprechen wir nur auf Fremdsprachen?

Weil es viel Spaß macht! :D

Wie viel Deutsch erinnerst du?

I can't get the Cyrillic letters to post correctly

What problems are you experiencing? I have my language toolbar on the taskbar set up so I have a selection of keyboard layouts for key languages. This is usually what I use to type, and it works alright. But even if I copy-paste characters, it turns out fine for me. :/

Fraggle Rocker said:
but I thought a question had to be phrased:

Govorite li vy po angliyskiy?

Is Vy govorite po angliyskiy colloquial? That's the way they ask questions in Portuguese, just say the affirmative sentence with a different inflection. Not easy for foreigners to catch the difference.

Вы говорите по-английски? is the phrase my Russian teacher has taught us. I can ask her about it next time we have class.

tak, ti Russki ili net? i prichiom tut sobaka?

I don't understand that much. I only have the very primitive stuff down. I hope I don't stay at the primitive level though.

Так, ты Русский или нет? И причиом тут собака?

Lateinisch ist die leichteste. Wir haben in unserer Sprachen so vielen lateinischen Wörten. Aber ist sie die schwerste zu schreiben.

Ich hab' gemeint, welche skandinavische Sprache ist die leichteste für alle skandinavischsprachige Leute zu verstehen.

em and there is a typo :)
normal'no, is with an o at the end

*Checks his class notes*

Damn, you're right. I wish I could edit it. :(

well, lemme try;
litteraly lol : today go me with my friends yummy a pot stone-tires. the is much we better then a little on yours wiener standing to pull.

haha dutch is funny. im going to let it with this litteraly translation, its better then the real one :D

Actually your translation is better than the real deal! :)

Mues i jetzt au no min seich derzue gäh uf schwitzer düütsch? Das versteit sicher niemer. Mal luege ob das öpper cha übersetzte.

Den Text den sie oben lesen können ist ein Dialekt dieser Sprache.

I was wondering if I should learn a 4th language and was thinking of italian since its partly similar to french and its also a "administrativ language" (or whatever you call it) here in switzerland but sometimes I think it would be interesting to learn a totally different language... something Scandinavian? Russian? Or Dutch? (With English and German I kann recognise some words)

Et je parle aussi français.

Mues i jetzt au no min seich derzue gäh uf schwitzer düütsch? Das versteit sicher niemer. Mal luege ob das öpper cha übersetzte.

Den Text den sie oben lesen können ist ein Dialekt dieser Sprache.

I was wondering if I should learn a 4th language and was thinking of italian since its partly similar to french and its also a "administrativ language" (or whatever you call it) here in switzerland but sometimes I think it would be interesting to learn a totally different language... something Scandinavian? Russian?

Et je parle aussi français.

try chinese-mandarin or japanese. Russian is too hard to learn.

And here another question: (has nothing to do with what i wanna learn)

Which Language will gain most importance for economic or political reasons in the future? Russian? Arabic? Chinese?

Of course English is most important National Languag probably followed by French (Both are used in the UN)

And here another question: (has nothing to do with what i wanna learn)

Which Language will gain most importance for economic or political reasons in the future? Russian? Arabic? Chinese?

Of course English is most important National Languag probably followed by French (Both are used in the UN)

chinese mandarin. and dont tell me u didnt know.

I thought it would be chinese but I haven't yet heard any opinions concerning this question. Apart form that I know people who had to learn russian for their jobs and so on... I wasn't sure therefor this thread seemed to be a nice opportunity to ask.

Back