100 good deeds Vs 1 wrong doing

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Apr 9, 2007.

1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

we remember the bad and forget the good.

if you perform 100 good deeds and 1 bad deed you will most likely be remembered for the bad,

peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I disagree.

I disagree.

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

not always there are always many exceptions to the rule,

but it seems to me that the world likes bad things happening to others

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

, not to themselves obviously because it causes types of pain,

but we enjoy bad things they catch our attention, like newspaper headlines and front page news is usually bad, and the movies we like are usually of bad things happening to people, we like seeing war movies about people fighting but dont like bieng in wars fighting.

we always talk about bad things when we "gossip" look in a news paper and there will be lots more bad news than good news.

people do remember good things that others do ofcourse, and not everyone is like this, but many are i think.

this is just my opinion though, maybe you are right though baron. why do you disagree?

peace.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Von Braun

8. VitalOne Banned Banned

Thats not true...take for instance Martin Luther King Jr. he's remembered for the good he did, even though he cheated on his wife many times...

Or how about Gandhi, he's remembered for the good he did, even though he made vain racist comments in Africa......

9. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

yeah people do get remembered for good things, its just when i look back over the history of mankind, i see alot more records of wars and bad things than good things,

and in recent news/history, but yeah i think i am wrong and i judged to quickly,

i lose,

peace.

10. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

I think your post applies to the corporate world. We had a poster in our main office that said "A Thousand Atta-Boys Can Be Erased By One Oh Shit". Trust me, it held true.

11. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i thought it was true, but i guess looking at it now it doesent apply to "everything"

i do see alot of it every day though personaly.

peace.

12. draqon Banned Banned

it all depends on the value/magnitude of this one good deed and 100 evil deeds...or vice versa.

13. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

The recording industry used to have this thing about "You're only as good as your last record." I guess that could apply here as well.

14. battig1370 Registered Senior Member

"if you perform 100 good deeds and 1 bad deed you will most likely be remembered for the bad" is like wearing a white garment with ONE spot of dirt on it and garment is seen as dirty.