2006 Oscars

Comments on the awards:
- LOL, poor fellow. But Whitaker seemed to deserve it.
- Is it me, or does the Supporting Actress award sometimes appear PR motivated?
-I'd have loved Superman to win Visual Effects, but Pirates had much more to see. (BIG DC fan here :) )
-The Hersholt Award recipient (Sherry Lansing) was awe inspiring. I always feel a little small when this person accepts the award.

Comments on the event:
-Ellen DeGeneres dressed better in suit type outfits that ALL the men in the place. Ellen is my heroine! :) She broke up the monotony of black-suit|black-suit|blue-suit|black-suit
-But then there was the horror of the old guy in the black suit that had gold wheels (?) on it.
-Sherry Lansing and Penelope Cruz were arguably the best dressed women.
-Kirsten Dunst had a well designed ensemble, but somehow it didn't pay off.
-Faye Dunaway should fire her designer...or maybe her PR people. Whoever was more responsible for this mess.
-Who else loved the silhouette dancers?

Clint Eastwood is a handsome fellow.

And I agree: Penelope Cruz was lovely. The rest of the women were terribly dressed.

I think most of the rest of the ladies were dressed to expectation, nothing "wow". Queen Latifah for example was in an elegant dress, however not a breathtaking outfit. I loved Lansing's because it was simple yet looked alive and animated.

Later I'll try to post the pic of the guy's horrific suit for a little giggle...

Clint Eastwood is a handsome fellow.

And I agree: Penelope Cruz was lovely. The rest of the women were terribly dressed.

The above comment can be viewed as either a pun on the tone of this very thread or a truthful acknowledgement.

Again, more evidence that the Oscar's are completely out of touch with the movie-viewing fans.

The Departed????
What??

I fell asleep twice during this bore-fest. It's sole redeeming feature was the performance of Whalberg.

Again, more evidence that the Oscar's are completely out of touch with the movie-viewing fans.

The Departed????
What??

I fell asleep twice during this bore-fest. It's sole redeeming feature was the performance of Whalberg.
I agree with The Departed being unfairly adored through this endless show. So many qualified good films and another violent crime drama filled with cursing gets the big nods. Scorsese has alot of Oscars. The Departed is like an upgraded CSI; Big Deal.
I think it was wrong to have snubbed United 93. It should have taken best director.
Mirren & Whitaker both earned their trophies for striking roles in both their films.
Gore, love him or hate him, deserved the best docu Oscar. But the cameras were on him too often and the adoration factor nauseated me.

The Oscars are always about the fru-fru artistic movies, ones that represent deep issues or explore the human condition. That's why shows like "Legally Blond" or "Big Momma's House" do not appear on the Oscars, they are fluff, ease-your-mind movies.

This is the most laughable suit I've seen in a hoi-polloi event ... ever. (Of course I'm talking about the yellow and black travesty)

Tacky Suit

Last edited:
Back