a request about programming

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by about knowledge, Dec 7, 2013.

1. about knowledge Registered Member

hello
    Can you do a programme for the mobile chip in any language c++ or java or others which can change the mode of the cell phone ringer to the silence mode for example while passing the infrared through it
    I mean after donig that programme I can focus the infrared on the mobile to convert the ringer to the silence or any chosen tune
    Finally I like to say that I am ready to pay for doing that programme with full of thanks
    my best regards

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

The phone would need an infrared photocell to detect the infrared light.

ETA: or the phone's camera might be able to pick it up...but it have to be on all the time and would seriously burn your battery.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. about knowledge Registered Member

thanks for your interest my friend
    I want to modify my demand if you do not mind
    Is there any way that forbids the mobiles from ringing in my office ?
    wether using the software programming or even putting devices beside the office gate ...
    my best regards

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

If I was going to "macgyver" something like that.. I would make a small, bluetooth device that communicated with the phones in range, and turned off their ringer...don't ask me about how it would be programmed.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It would only work with those that accecpted the blue tooth connection.

8. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

It can be done but it's illegal in the US:

The FCC has noticed an increasing number of people selling "jammers"—devices that can block cell phone calls, text messages, Wi-Fi networks, and GPS systems—and could potentially be used to cause havoc in public spaces.

The small, battery-powered devices can be used to create "dead zones" within a small area, usually 30 feet or so, and have been used by movie theaters, restaurants, and schools to keep people off their cell phones. But they also cut off 911 calls, can disrupt navigation near airports, and have been used near police stations to interrupt radio communications. Officials at the FCC say they've noticed an increasing number of jammers, which are banned by federal law, coming into the country. Many cheaper versions, which sell for as little as $25, are imported from Asia, according to the agency..​

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/10/17/fcc-cracks-down-on-cell-phone-jammers

9. firdroirich A friend of The Friends Registered Senior Member

There would be no need to do something as drastic as write software. There is an app on android - maybe iphone too, which allows you to create 'zones' such as office, home, school etc (these are GPS zones) and you get to choose ringtones, loudness etc.....except I can't recall the name of the app - but it already exists.