About how bad should I feel?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Betrayer0fHope, Jan 22, 2010.

1. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

If I was a 16 year old girl right now, I might think you were a dick, but get over it. Since I'm not 16, I really don't think what you did was that BIG a deal. You said something you didn't mean in the heat of the moment and I'm almost positive you're not the first

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It would only be wrong (IMO) if it was something you did continually to manipulate someone who did actually love you. Then that's just fucked.

Either way, you're 16. So what. Hope it was good!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

Read his OP carefully. It led her or encouraged her to do other things that she may not have done otherwise. In other words, he said "I love you" to get her to do other 'stuff'.

Do you think it is okay to manipulate people so that they perform sexual acts that you want? Do you think it is okay to manipulate someone you know has feelings for you when you have no feelings for them?

Do you lie to people often?

She had no reason to doubt him. They were friends for several years. Do you trust your friends to mean what they say?

How about another example. Lets say his parents told him that they would buy him a brand new sports car if he cleaned the house, mowed the lawn for 3 years prior to his getting his driver's licence. He does this diligently. Then he gets that licence and they say 'well we didn't mean it'.. Is he stupid for having believed them?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

many girls don't get over it, and for those of us who do, it isn't easy. when you're young, you want to believe in love. actually, you want to believe in love when you get older to, but the more times you are lied to, and taken advantage of, and hurt, the harder it is to do. and that's a damn shame. i also think it's pretty clear that many guys don't stop lying in order to manipulate women when they get older either.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Sad. This was premeditated.

She "liked you for like three years". You took advantage, but you're rid of her now, I reckon.

And your friend may never look at you the same. That's a bummer.

Meh, I know a lot of guys that shrug that stuff off and then they're on to the next. Perhaps "most men", as some say.

Not me, though. That's the type of thing I would beat myself up over for a while.

8. jessiej920 Shake them dice and roll 'em Valued Senior Member

Are you assuming because of my response that I have never had to get over something similar? You don't really know me, so please, don't preach.

So you should therefore forget you have working brain cells and believe anyone who says they love you?

Yes, yes it is, but it's part of life. Overcoming pain and disappointment and cruelty.

Everyone manipulates. Just saying.

9. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i'm not preaching; i'm being honest (ironically). and i'm not assuming...well, ok i am...that you're right, everybody gets hurt in life. BUT it sucks, and it doesn't have to be that way, and i'm not into condoning and making excuses for liars or manipulators, and that goes for me too. guys aren't the only ones who do that.

10. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

And the whole "I'm a girl so I have a global excuse to be 'protected' and treated respectfully" is also sickening and pathetic.

Do you not realize what a contradiction your statement was?

V.I. said ti just right

11. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

And ther more stupid and gullible and over trusting you are, the more likely you are to continue to fall into this trap... And thats a damn shame!

I also think its pretty clear that some women are incapable of learning...

12. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

13. John99 Banned Banned

:soapbox:

14. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Jesus fucking christ - no one listened to that maskarakananana song...spells out the whole thing perfectly.

15. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

K I checked it out, was pretty good!

16. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

lying to manipulate someone, sexually or otherwise, is wrong and hurtful. do people do it? yes. do people have to do it? no. why do people do it? because they're selfish, hateful, abusive assholes. and learning about these people sucks.

this isn't rocket science.

17. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

expecting good things out of people, and being able to trust, are good things.

again, not rocket science.

18. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

looking out for a woman's best interest and being respectful is in no way sickening or pathetic. don't kid yourself.

19. Try Again No, I'm not a mod. Registered Senior Member

Distractions distractions distractions

I have no idea.

20. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

He liked her anyway. He did have feelings for her. So what if he said 'love' when a more realistic word would be 'like'??

I don't think saying something in the heat of the moment is the same as being coldly manipulative.

He did have feelings for her.

Nope. I hate lying and even if I have to do it, you can read me a mile away, because I instinctively stiffen up and won't make eye contact.

There is a difference between consciously lying and exaggerating your words in the heat of the moment out of emotion or desire or whatever. It's normal to do that and most people know when to not take it literally. When you don't, that's usually called a disorder.

But in your example the guy got an actual reward. This girl wasn't in that sort of situation at all. Is there really such a difference between having sex with someone you LIKE (in the sexual/romantic sense) and having sex with someone you LOVE?? Does that little matter of degree matter so damn much? What does she get out of "love" that she just doesn't get out of "liking"??

21. Bells Staff Member

No, he actually admitted in his OP that he did not like her.. at all..

Anyway I don't like her at all

BetrayerofHope

She liked him for several years. But he never liked her. Get it now?

No he did not have feelings for her. He stated quite clearly that he did not "like her at all". He then admitted that he only told her he loved her, knowing she had liked him for 3 years, so that she would go further. Read the OP again..

Some girl who really liked me for like three years and I hung out and then blah blah stuff happened. Anyway I don't like her at all but I kind of blurted out that I loved her while she was doing something so she'd do something else.

When you tell someone you love them, so that they will do something else to you sexually, that is manipulative.

If that were the case, we would not be having this conversation. But it is not and here we are.

It was not said in the heat of the moment. He said it so that "she would do something else". He states it quite clearly in his OP.

She had feelings for him for around 3 years. He knew that. So he told her he loved her "so she would do something else". Now imagine yourself at her age, having had feelings for a guy for 3 years and he tells you he loves you. You're telling me that you'd be suffering from a disorder for actually believing him?

They hung out. She had no reason to not take what he said literally.

Ah, but he doesn't like her. "At all".

22. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Ack. Sorry, Bells, you're right - I read his post over once and it kind of went in my eyes and out the back of my head *duh*.

23. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Are women incapable of looking out for their own best interests? A woman should be able to fend for herself and be independent! Such a woman is a huge tun on to me. I don't think women, or anyone for that matter deserves to be disrespected or mistreated. But a person should also be able to take care of themselves and be aware of bad people. If a woman would be with me only to feel safe and secure, than she would be in the relationship for all the wrong reasons.

This is not rocket science.