About how bad should I feel?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Betrayer0fHope, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i don't think that perspective can be correlated to age or gender necessarily, from what i've seen and experienced.

i also think that every person is born wanting to love. and to be loved, and that fairy tale notion lasts until it is beaten out of them by this cruel reality we live in.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

yes you are, you just responded to my post. hee hee. i'm not demonizing him, i'm being honest and saying that what he did is NOT ok. is he asking for forgiveness, or is he laughing about it and not giving a crap, and thinking "hey, that lying thing worked really well. i think i should do it again."? he said he doesn't feel bad about what he did right? he thinks it's funny right? did i miss something? where's the remorse? where's the regret? did i miss a post of his?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Do you realize how badly you contradict yourself? In one sentence, you say that he is an abusive asshole, and in the next sentence, you claim to be extremely forgiving?

Your not self righteous? And you claim to have done these same things, yet you don't seem to be willing to call yourself an abusive asshole. Are you exempt from the same judgment that you dish out?

Not a prude, but you sure seem to be frowning terribly on a teenager doing things that teenagers do.

Not Naive? It should be expected that people will behave this way. Its up to the individual to protect themselves from this. Then again, we have already been over this and you claimed that men should protect women. I challenged you that women should fend for themselves, but you seem to be at a loss as you didn't respond to that. Co-dependency issues?

Intelligent? Who said we should make excuses for him? I'm not saying that what he did was ok. But it doesn't warrant being called an abusive asshole. People will always rationalize their bad behaviors. Don't tell me for a second that you don't. If you are human, you rationalize. If you claim to be intelligent, you should know this.

"Go to church, I am the church." This is not a self glorifying self righteous statement?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Calling him an abusive asshole isn't demonizing? Could have fooled me!

You seem all to eager to assume that he is laughing about it and not feeling bad. His statements as far as I am concerned are vague at best. Or at least a concerted effort to convince himself that he actually does feel bad.

8. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

well if there's nothing wrong, there's nothing to forgive right?

no, i was most definitely calling myself an abusive asshole. no exemption here.

not all teenagers do that, and some adults do. i don't agree with making excuses for this kind of behavior, i don't care what age...

i've already expressed my opinion on this. lying and manipulating is not ok, and it's a damn shame that it happens. love and communion are beautiful and fulfilling things. healthy things. it's simply not ok to victimize people. period.

you act as if calling someone out on being an abusive asshole is worse than being an abusive asshole. funny.

no i don't. it actually glorifies christ.

9. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

I give up. I can't discuss things with someone who uses self contradicting statements and ignorance as part of their discussion strategies.

10. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I don't think anyone here thinks there is nothing wrong. He seemed to be asking for clarification as to whether he had made a mistake, and the people in here told him he had indeed made one.

NO ONE IS MAKING EXCUSES FOR HIM! No one thinks it's okay to lie. But equally, unlike you, we understand that it was a thoughtless mistake and he probably doesn't want to go through life hurting others, and most people just told him he was an idiot then moved on and gave constructive input. That is NOT making excuses.

Making one stupid mistake is being an abusive asshole?

Please don't ever have children. I dread to think how an attitude like the one you're currently expressing would fracture a child or teenager's mind. You would probably call a five year old an abusive asshole for lying about who ate all the cookies.

11. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Pfft.

In my day the nuns at the Catholic school cured "ADD" with a crack across the knucles with a wooden pointer...
    :itold:

In any event. after perusing those lyrics, I detected a note of familiarity. Upon revisiting the link you provided, switching over to a studio version of the tune to avoid the preliminary antics, and confirming my suspicions as to the identity of this selection, I must re-iterate my opinion that it stinks - coincidental tenuous connection to the matter at hand here notwithstanding.

12. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

lol. i would not call a five year old an asshole, but i would explain to a five year old that lying is wrong, and that hurting people is called "abuse".

in this case, i don't see how it was a "mistake". he knew the girl had liked him for a long time. he knew there was a good chance that if he said those words it would get him what he wanted, and he knew those words were a lie. that's not a mistake. i would consider a mistake to be unknowingly and unintentionally doing something wrong.

then there's the issue of remorse and regret. i haven't heard any.

excuses i've heard here include his age and his gender. and we've even gone so far as to accuse the girl of being stupid or careless, as if it's her fault.

bogus.

13. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

He got some fun?! No biggie other guys will do it to her as well and she'll like it too!

14. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

It was a mistake because he chose to do something thoughtless in the heat of the moment.

I'ma ignore you now.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

You should feel good you got sum!

16. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

It wasn't thoughtless, it was conniving. Ignore that ha!

17. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

In teenage boys, testosterone has a very similar effect to alcohol. Their brains completely cease operating. "Thinking" has nothing to do with it.

18. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

how convenient. :bugeye:

sorry, not buying.

19. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Trust me, teen girls have some shit in them that does the same thing.

At least, I did.

I remember being 16 and feeling like a deranged animal that just wanted to mate. I hated it.

20. Enmos Valued Senior Member

You mean you aren't?

21. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I still have an overly high sex drive. I'm just better at dealing with it.

I hate that I have one at all. I feel reduced to being a goddamn fucking baby machine.

22. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Do you want to have kids someday?

23. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

No

I can't stand small children, and I'm not much of a nurturer.