Absurd things Christians say...

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by takethewarhome, Sep 8, 2009.

1. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

what you dont subscribe to the cycle of things?..we contribute water to the enviroment...everytime we pee....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

how many different words are there for religion?....and those words were made by man...

my questions concerning man made religion..how far away have they gotten from what god had intended it to be..each successive managment (IE;pope/preacher/pastor..etc) had to have added their own 'flavor' to the mix...they are still susceptible to their own humanity no matter how Holy they claim to be...

imho 90% of ppl that got 'turned off god' are excatholics...

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lightgigantic Banned Banned

and lo and behold there are more than twelve different words for pee also ...

much like the words for pee and water are man made ....

on one side you have humans screwing things up and at the other you have god (or god's representative) re-establishing religious principles.

But you're right about one thing - most atheists will gripe more about persons who (claim to) represent god than the philosophical issues that surround a universe governed by a supreme conscious entity.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Like this: Ah c'mon LG, if you were only Christian then this quote would have qualified you for the OP title but alas only an honorable mention.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lightgigantic Banned Banned

ironically your comment, and indeed the OP title, confirms which is the bigger issue with atheists

8. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

so..what if..that supreme conscious entity lives in each of us? a shared conscience so to speak..each one of us have a piece of that conscience and in order to begin to understand that conscience we would have to learn to communicate that element which resides in each of us..

9. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Is the only defense you have for God & religion all about rules and principles of argument? You'd think God would just settle it once and for all. Wouldn't you like to see God do something to at least give you the satisfaction of being right?

10. Adstar Valued Senior Member

I truly believe that the salvation of Jesus is not accessible to those who turn their backs on the salvation of Jesus.

Jesus has given the offer free to all whom will accept it. When people reject it then they are given over to deception.

Sounds like universalism type garbage to me. Salvation is not guaranteed for all.

And i have never felt worthy of salvation. If i did then it would be a payment for my worthiness. But it is a Gift so no boasting can i do.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

11. Adstar Valued Senior Member

I don't know. He/She may have a lot of living to do between now and his grave. Lots of things can change over time. One day He might accept the Gift of Jesus. God knows.

A god that does not exist. And an afterlife that will not be as he thinks it will be.

12. Adstar Valued Senior Member

"It's no different than saying we are all born sinners (as Adstar has stated)"

Quote where i said we are all born sinners. Or Edit this out of your post.

13. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Your mind is faulty.

14. lightgigantic Banned Banned

I think its more the case that an argument is refuted on the grounds that arguments have to follow certain principles to be valid. It doesn't really matter what the topic for the argument is.

Otherwise you would get discourse that goes something like this

Person A - Fructose does not gather on the belly of citrus aphids.

Person B - If that was the case, you would expect all giraffes to have two heads.

No need.
    The folly of an anti-god outlook is self fulfilling.
    :shrug:

15. lightgigantic Banned Banned

then you have difficulty explaining the phenomena of ignorance.

(the notion of an omniscient entity manifesting a separated expansion of themselves to accompany all living entities through their sojourn of ignorance by empowering them with knowledge , remembrance and forgetfulness avoids that issue however)

16. lightgigantic Banned Banned

and how do you propose to compare them to reality without calling on observations, oh effervescent one?
    this says absolutely nothing about an interpretation being valid or invalid
    whenever you're ready to apply yourself, let me know and we can begin.

Alternatively, you can sit on your laurels cruising atheist hate-sites till you drop dead from arthritis.

The choice is yours.

I take it this is sage advice garnered by experience.

17. lightgigantic Banned Banned

The humour of your posts certainly doesn't require the pretense of a ghetto accent

better you stick to your booze big guy
    (I smell a sock)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  18. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Perhaps, but then it would not be my fault, now would it?

According to the Bible, God Himself is deliberately deceiving me so I will believe a lie, to make absolutely sure I will burn in hell in unending torment for all of eternity. And it would not be possible for me to see it or do anything about it. Or in other words it would be impossible for me to resist His will in this.

Right?

19. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

"Insert Title of thread here"
    Pretty much this entire thread are Absurd things Christian Say.

20. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Bwahahahahahaha! :roflmao:

21. lightgigantic Banned Banned

lemme guess, you're another who never takes the lower road of blatant slandering in the midst of philosophical discourse, eh?

22. takethewarhome midnatt klarhet Registered Senior Member

There's so many of those high-and-mightys.

23. lightgigantic Banned Banned

I am just pointing out that the speed that you settled into a chummy relationship of ad hom with myself tends to indicate you have experience beyond 14 or so posts here. Your exuberant wordiness and anal and genital fixation leads me to think you are satyr (who periodically comes back from the dead in a different sock ... and is probably due for another appearance now).