ACORN, trying to help the democrats steal another election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cazzo, Oct 9, 2008.

?

I think ACORN should be :

1. Shut down immediately and investigated and members prosecuted for voter fraud

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Simply shut down

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No opinion

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Left alone, it's doing a good job

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/10432334/was_the_2004_election_stolen
    that solid enough?

from my source

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

A interesting article, Rolling Stones, from Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.

Now what would you accuse me of doing if my source was a Republican from the Bush family??

Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    [33] Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., was also featured in an ad campaign for Clinton alongside the grandson of Cesar Chavez. [34] ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_F._Kennedy_Jr. - 93k - Similar pages

Seems to have a very partisan background.

Robert Francis Kennedy, Jr. (born January 17, 1954 in Washington, D.C.) is the third of 11 children born to Ethel Skakel Kennedy and Robert F. Kennedy and is the nephew of John F. Kennedy and Edward M. Kennedy. He is an environmental lawyer and co-host of Ring of Fire on the Air America Radio network.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

/yawn

It's up to the local election officials to certify any voter registration before they're legally eligible to vote. The voter registration conglomerates no matter what party affiliation, will be breaking the law if they pre-screen any voter registration forms that's turned in to them. It's your local county's board of elections who must pre-screen and certify the registration forms, not ACORN.

The reason why the right hates democracy is becuse 3 out of 4 newly registrated voters register as Democrats.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. White Rhyno Registered Member

ACORN was prosecuted for voter fraud in King County, WA. That's why there are some signs in Washington that say 'Reelect Dino Rossi.'

8. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Just do a half-assed job

Yes, this is going to be an interesting election.

And what of Kansas City?

We ought to consider what Mr. Friedman wrote for The Guardian:

Indeed, we cannot say that these canvassers are trying to steal the vote. Rather, they're just trying to make a buck.

If there's a task that must be done,
    Don't turn your tail and run.
    Don't pout, don't sob,
    Just do a half-assed job!

If you cut every corner,
    It is really not so bad.
    Everybody does it,
    Even Mom and Dad.
    If nobody sees it,
    Then nobody gets mad:
    It's the American way!

..............................(The Simpsons, #3G03)

Notes:

Satterberg, Daniel T. "Statement of Interim King County Prosecuting Attorney Dan Satterberg". July 26, 2007. http://www.metrokc.gov/proatty/news/2007/Voter Registration Statement.htm

Hurd, Maude. "ACORN President Letter to Wall Street Journal on Voter Registration". ACORN.org. August 2, 2007. http://www.acorn.org/index.php?id=1...587&tx_ttnews[backPid]=16862&cHash=20edc9304c

"Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala-D'oh-cious". The Simpsons, #3G03. FOX Television. Broadcast February 7, 1997.

9. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

But in way to many Democratically controlled Counties and States, the certification systems were not set up, and don't exist.

10. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

perhaps but the works sited page kinda of makes that line of reasoning null and void. and to answer your question would said source have a works cited page. If it didn't I would probably reject it but if it did I would look at the works cited page and check out those things.

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Actually, it's the republicans that keep stealing elections...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Again, provide proof of such, your personnel bigoted opinion is worthless.:bugeye:

13. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

I provided proof.

14. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

You provided a story from Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Of the Cape Hatteras Kennedy's,

Kennedy currently co-hosts Ring of Fire on Air America Radio with Mike Papantonio

Slightly left wing biased in his opinions, Teddy's Kennedy's nephew, a flaming liberal.

Biased as hell.

15. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

This whole Acorn thing has been disproven and blown out of the water time and time again. But that does not stop the koolaid drinkers from continuing to promulgate this nonsense.

Maybe one day the Republican stalwarts will decide to talk honestly about something of importance. I for one will not hold my breath waiting as it likely to be a long wait.

16. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Did you look at the works cited page? didn't think so.

17. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yes, where do you think I found out who wrote the report, there are links out of your cite to the rest of the facts about who was the author of the report, your citation is what lead me to that information.

It is called research and follow up.

Hay it is a whole lot nicer to debate with you, with out the slams, you are starting to learn and that is great.

Keep it up.

Do a Wiki on Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and you will see.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  18. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

(Sigh)

Mr. Roam, you seem to be implying that PJdude is asking you about who wrote the Rolling Stone article. Rather, he's referring to page 10 of the web article, which lists the sources from which Mr. Kennedy took his information. These sources include some newspapers, such as the New York Times, its overseas sister, the International Herald Tribune, and the Washington Post, among others. But the sources also include the Department of Defense, Federal Election Commission, Edison Media Research, Mitofsky International, the University of Chicago, an attorney who has worked as a legislative assistant and for the United States Department of the Interior, a Univ. of Pennsylvania professor, Dick Morris (for heaven's sake), county election boards, lawsuit filings, the George Washington University Law Review, even a directive from the office of former Ohio Secretary of State Kenneth Blackwell.

The larger point being that focusing on Mr. Kennedy because you, personally, find him unappealing is a cop-out. I've known of this article since it was published, and in the intervening period, the only criticism I've heard of it is people who want to reject Mr. Kennedy because he's a Kennedy, or because he has something against childhood immunization.

So, yeah, maybe you don't like the Kennedys. How about the guy who wrote a rebuttal of Hillary Clinton's biography? Who backs McCain? Who could be heard during the primaries denigrating claims of sexism by the Clinton campaign, and after the GOP convention declaring definitive sexism against Sarah Palin? Does that make someone more palatable and believable in your book?

Fine. Try this—

Morris, Dick. "Those faulty exit polls were sabotage". TheHill.com. November 4, 2004. http://thehill.com/dick-morris/those-faulty-exit-polls-were-sabotage-2004-11-04.html

—and then go back and reconsider that, compared to Mr. Morris' article, which relies on his personal understanding developed over an extensive career as a political operative, Mr. Kennedy seems to have done the legwork. Sure, there are probably logical, perfectly reasonable explanations for everything in Kennedy's article. But we have yet to hear them.

People generally accept that the 2004 election happened. What they have a problem with is that it looks like a bunch of really strange shit happened, and the general response is reminiscent of South Park's Officer Barbrady: "You people go about your business. There's nothing to see here."

Life goes on, but to quote President George W. Bush himself,

"Fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again."​

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  19. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

thanks for the back up T

20. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

you don't know what a works cited page is do you?

21. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

And what counties are those?

22. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Eternus Sileo

terminus

23. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Long before you were born.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/10432334/was_the_2004_election_stolen

more than enough to shift the results of an election decided by 118,601 votes13. (See Ohio's Missing Votes) In what may be the single most astounding fact from the election, one in every four Ohio citizens who registered

From your own citation, go back to it, and scroll down to this passage, and clock on:

(See Ohio's Missing Votes)

And this is what you come up with:

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., is the Son of Robert F Kennedy, the Nephew of Ted Kennedy, and the rest of the Democrat Kennedy's.