ACORN, trying to help the democrats steal another election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cazzo, Oct 9, 2008.

?

I think ACORN should be :

1. Shut down immediately and investigated and members prosecuted for voter fraud

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Simply shut down

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No opinion

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Left alone, it's doing a good job

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Pure unadulterated biased liberal web site.

Jeeezzzzzzz.....Can't you find, a, any more liberal, site to cite?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

So, It is a correct position, using a food crop for fuel is a stupid proposition, all it does is run up the price, and the people who depend on that crop for food can no longer afford it.

Could have been Rice, Wheat, Potatos, what ever.......the cost would go up and the poor who depend on those crops for their food staple, can no longer afford to feed themselves.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

has anyone besides me noticed that the sources that the lefties say are right wing biased are just dripping with biased language but a good deal of the sources right wingers say are biased have no overt signs of bias?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Take your pick:

Los Angeles Times

The Washington Post

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Well, what do these articles have to do with:

The Republicans are asking for a investigation into voter registration practices, and the Democrats are the one's who oppose the confirmation of the Voter Rolls.

That the Voters are legal voters, so what is wrong with that?

And nothing in those articles supports any charge of Republican Voter Fraud in this election or the last 4.

You are the one blaming the Republicans over voter fraud and it is the Republicans who are asking for the investigations into Voter Fraud.

Your own citation point this out:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/24/AR2008102403659.html?tid=informbox

White House Asks for Scrutiny
    200,000 Voter Registrations in Ohio Conflict With Other Records

By Mary Pat Flaherty
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Saturday, October 25, 2008; Page A05

The White House has asked the Department of Justice to look into whether 200,000 new Ohio voters must reconfirm their registration information before Nov. 4, taking up an issue that Republicans and Democrats in the battleground state have been fighting over in court for weeks.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-justice25-2008oct25,0,3413700.story

Bush asks Justice Department to look into Ohio voter-registration dispute
    He does so at the behest of House GOP leader John Boehner. The partisan fight centers on discrepancies in state data.
    By Mary Pat Flaherty
    October 25, 2008
    Reporting from Washington -- The White House has asked the Department of Justice to look into whether 200,000 new Ohio voters must reconfirm their registration information before Nov. 4, taking up an issue that Republicans and Democrats in the battleground state have been fighting over in court for weeks.

The voter names are in dispute because their registration information conflicts with other official data.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

ACORN is not capable of voter fraud, they are merely turning in registrations submitted by less than ethical temp employees.

Purging someone from the voter roles due to a hyphen in their name that doesn't match their license isn't fair, it's voter suppression.

10. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

No, it is the law.

11. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

You don't even know the difference between Voter Registration Fraud and Voting Fraud. Quick, I suggest you look it up.

12. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

joe go teach your grandmother to suck eggs.

PJdude is talking about voter fraud, and you are talking about voter registration, fraud, so provide evidence of:

Republicans as the ones registering voters multiple time?

Registering Felons?

Registering Gold Fish?

Registering illegal aliens?

Show were the FBI is investigating the Republican Registration Program?

All are a problem, all are going on, and the Democrats are the ones bringing action to stop any verification of the Voter rolls.

If you don't verify the voter registration and allow fraudulent registration, you end up, with voter fraud.

And across the board, it is the Democrats, who are bringing suit to stop verification of voter registration, and the removal of illegal aliens, felons and dead voters from the Voting rolls.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

ACORN is not registering only Democrats, it's a non partisan organization. Duh.

14. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

yet another buffalo insult.

give me a couple of days and I can show you one that was indicted.http://crooksandliars.com/nicole-belle/countdown-mccains-voter-registration- also in some states felons can in fact vote.

yes yes we all know in your small fucked up mind everything is all the democrats fault.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Conservatives grasping at straws

Mr Roam,

Just to reiterate a point:

In 2004, though, we were expected to pretend that Republican-leaning organizations filtering voter registrations were isolated incidents, and talk of voter-reg fraud as an attempt to steal the election was roundly derided by right-wing mouthpieces.

In 2008, I am not prepared to simply grant the right wing the most convenient standard for their politics. Players on both sides ought to be able to remember what happened four years ago, or eight. Or even farther back as necessary. Hell, if you listen to Republicans complain about Democrats in general these days, it seems their memory hits a wall sometime around January, 2007. Beyond that, their recall is incredibly sketchy.​

I'm far more concerned about purges of voting rolls that result in properly-registered voters being disenfranchised.

Imagine this, Mr. Roam: My driver's license bears my full name—first, middle, and last. Theoretically, since my voter registration didn't ask for my full name (first, middle initial, last), a mismatch could result. Should this disenfranchise me? What if a clerk typed an extra letter into your name in a government database? Should that disenfranchise you? How about a government agency following improper procedure? As the New York Times reported earlier this month:

It's hard to believe someone like you would be so worried about the law that you would endorse lawbreaking by officials. Of course, what's due process, then, if it's inconvenient to your political hopes? That the commissioner of the Social Security Administration had to send letters to several states after being overwhelmed with requests by state officials (1.9 million from Georgia alone) isn't really all that important to you, is it? The voter is guilty until proven innocent, eh? ("Hmm ... no problem. Fine. Check the next database. What? Fine again? Check the next one. What? We've checked them all? Well, we can't do this for everybody. That will take too long. What's the least accurate database? Social Security? Okay, fast-track all the voter verifications through that one.")

Hey, here's one you might not have heard yet:

But, hey, we understand. Whatever it takes to win an election, right? Even if it means disenfranchising people for no proper reason.

Sing it with me: It's the American waaaaaay!

Notes:

Urbina, Ian. "States' Actions to Block Voters Appear Illegal". New York Times. October 8, 2008. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/09/us/politics/09voting.html

Eviatar, Daphne. "A Myth of Voter Fraud". The Washington Independent. October 28, 2008. http://washingtonindependent.com/15217/voter-fraud

See Also:

Boudreau, Abbie and Scott Bronstein. "Some voters 'purged' from voter rolls". CNN.com. October 26, 2008. http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/26/voter.suppression/index.html

16. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Drink Deep of the Kool Aid. :yawn:

17. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

yes that's exactly what your doing. But its expected of you.

18. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Thbpbpbpbpbpt!

One would think you could come up with something better.

Then again, given the general nature of your argument, it's a coin toss to decide between shortcomings. Is it you? Is it your argument? Does it really matter?

Come on, tell us again how important it is to prevent people from voting. Don't be shy.

19. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

both and it doesn't matter.

20. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

hey buff what do you think about McCain paying a company that is headed by a guy who has allegedly TORE UP REGISTRATION FORMS OF PEOPLE WHO REGISTERED AS DEMOCRATS

that's probably perfectly ok in your mind.

21. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

When will Mr. Buffalo have an original thought?

22. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Give him space, even if only to stutter and keep silent

While I tend to agree with the first part of that response, sir, sometimes it would do us all some good if he was allowed to either answer or choose not to without anyone else's interference.

23. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

I thought you were asking if it mattered if it was his personal short comings or his argument's short comings.