Action Notes v.1.GST

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Tiassa, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

This thread contains action notes pertaining to the General Science & Technology subforum. Included are post edits and deletions, thread deletions and transfers, and other major actions undertaken by the moderators. Warnings and suspensions will be noted, though not necessarily by name.

Spam thread deletions will not be included in this record.

The thread serves as a record for the membership to observe. It is closed to comment; any inquiries or criticism should be directed to the acting authority via Private Message. The administration may, on occasion, override the moderator, but the reverse simply does not happen. If an action is taken by a higher authority, the lower authority cannot directly override that decision.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Closure and redirect

• "Science Disproves Evolution" — Thread closed, redirected appropriately.

Note: Just a couple of brief points here:

• Members are reminded that the associations they perceive between disparate ideas and concepts are not always clear to other people; thus, it is helpful if, instead of simply copying and pasting a bunch of source material in lieu of an argument, one crafts their own argument, relying on the source material for support.

• If you're going to copy and paste from another website, at least show the intelligence and decency to omit the extraneous material, such as the unlinked "[Continue]" bits. (This also applies to those who seem to think we need to see the "ad info|click for more" in the middle of their C&P.) And no, just to be clear, I'm not telling you to take the time to link those parts. Rather, I'm telling you to take five seconds to delete the extraneous, telltale markers.​

If any of that is too difficult to understand or undertake, anyone is certainly welcome to let me know.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Redirect

• "Introduction — Thread moved to About the Members.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

8. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Thread Deleted

• A specific thread has been deleted for various reasons. I don't even know what to call it; I can't tell if it's spam, a burn post, or something else; the font does not display properly; the subject matter is off topic compared to the subforum. Stuff like that.

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Posts deleted

• "Computing with light? It's closer than you think" — Four posts struck; three as off-topic, and one more to scrub references to extraneous material.

Note: There's not a whole lot to say, since what goes here should already be obvious. Easy enough? Good. Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  11. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

100+ spam threads purged to cesspool and deleted - spammers banned via Spam button

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Merge & Xfer

Threads from Physics & Math and General Science & Technology merged into master thread↗ and transferred to Pseudoscience.

• "The physics of dreams and television compared" (P&M)

• "Why the falling man feels no gravity: inertia and gravity in balance" (P&M)

• "The science and physics of dream experience fundamentally explained" (GST)​

15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

17. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

19. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

20. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Closure & redirect

"What are your thoughts on /r/glitch_in_the_matrix ? Can the laws of physics really go on hold?"↗ — Thread closed and redirected to Cesspool.

Note: "What do you think about what is going on over at this other website, but I'm not going to really tell you anything about it because what you really need to do in order to answer the question is go click all over the other website for me", is not a viable discussion starter. Members are expected to put a modicum of effort into topic posts, and, really, most of their posting. It's not that everything must be perfectly on purpose, but the idea that we can't figure out certain basic functional courtesies of discourse is problematic.

21. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

exchemist likes this.
  22. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Edit & closure

"My Research Database of Posts"↗ — Posts edited (link removed); thread closed.

Note: Pushing a link like that always feels sketchy; per Mod Hat↗: If, between prior questions of spamming and the current vagary, a more functional range of discourse is somehow so elusive, I confess having no good idea what recommendations to make.

23. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.