an idea of what america views to be dangerous enough to be regulated

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pjdude1219, Feb 4, 2009.

?

which is more regulated in the USA

Poll closed Feb 11, 2009.
  1. flamethrowers

16.7%
  2. pot

83.3%
  1. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

pot and flamethowers which is more regulated in the states. a poll up for one week i'll give the answer. I just want to see how many people get it right.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John99 Banned Banned

i guess it is supposed to be pot or flame throwers. by flame thrower do you mean torches?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

I mean a flame thrower. an honest god fire shooting flamethrower. you like was used in pacific during WW2

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

it depends. sometimes i use a flamethrower to clean up around the yard.

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Without looking up the answer on Google, I would think flamethrowers are more regulated because they are manufactured in the USA and sold everywhere in the world. Pot on the other hand isn't a legal substance and is not manufactured or sold LEGALLY in the USA. Therefore pot doesn't have any regulations, except for the pot grown for medical use only.:m:

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Flamethrowers are legal, pot is not.

10. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

AWWWWWWWWWWW he had to go and ruin it.

11. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

how many laws are their against pot. how many laws are their against flamethrower ownership.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Umm sorry, I did not realise there was to be a denouement.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

btw, I'm a SHE.

13. John99 Banned Banned

does it really matter?

14. countezero Registered Senior Member

PJ what is the point of this exercise? To justify a habit . . .

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

laws are

1 a (1): a binding custom or practice of a community : a rule of conduct or action prescribed or formally recognized as binding or enforced by a controlling authority (2): the whole body of such customs, practices, or rules (3): common law b (1): the control brought about by the existence or enforcement of such law (2): the action of laws considered as a means of redressing wrongs ; also : litigation

regulations are

1: the act of regulating : the state of being regulated
    2 a: an authoritative rule dealing with details or procedure <safety regulations> b: a rule or order issued by an executive authority or regulatory agency of a government and having the force of law

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I would say pot, because there are alot of regulations about how you can use it legally. You can get a permit to smoke pot if it's a medical necessity prescribed by a doctor, and the number of plants and cured material you can own is limited. Flamethrowers might fall under yard equipment, like those hammers that use a kind of shotgun shell to fasten things to concrete.

17. John99 Banned Banned

he is probably deciding on which to buy.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I'd wager I could pick up both in about a half an hour.

19. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Legalize it, don`t despise it. (I mean pot)

20. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

nope to show how the us government views potentially dangerous things. Smoked pot a few times and honestly there is no point in my continuing to do it. I just don't get high.

21. countezero Registered Senior Member

OK. So what's your overall point?

22. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I've seen simplistic "flame throwers" used by forestry agents to clear brush.

23. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

You guys have it mixed up. Flame throwers, and blow torches are two different things. The one that is legal, blow torches, can be as small as you want, or even big enough to clear brush. The only limit is that the flame cannot project more than several feet from the head of the torch. Believe me, I ve used one to clear brush. They aren't flamethrowers because they merely produce the flame, when you turn it off it wont produce any more fire.
    These usually use a high pressure incendiary regulated by a valve.

Flamethrowers use napalm which is a mix of mainly gasoline and a gelatine. Flamethrowers project their flame by using a high pressure inert gas like nitrogen to put pressure on the napalm in the tank to project it outwards. Now the reason why flamethrowers are illegal is because they can not only project but fire the napalm out over a distance up to 100+ meters. This is way over the limit of a few feet.

Also another crucial difference is that in the blowtorch the fuel is totally consumed in the actually torch head and none of it leaves the blow torch. Whereas in a flame thrower the fuel is actually ejected out of the apparatus and remains on fire while airborn and when it hits the target meaning that once it leaves the apparatus there is no way to turn it off reliably. This makes it a tremendous hazard.

Also, flamethrowers only have enough fuel for a few seconds of fire whereas a blowtorch can keep working for a significantly longer time.

And as i said before the legal limit for the fire to project out of the apparatus is a few feet but inherently a flamethrower projects it much, much further.

In conclusion, Blowtorches are much safer to operate, and actually legal, whereas flamethrowers aren't. People may affectionately call blowtorches, flamethrowers but in reality they are not.

P.S. Did you know napalm makes a great crab grass killer? (lit or not who the hell knows)