Another Blackhawk Down - Natives Celebrate

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Captain Canada, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Captain Canada Stranger in Town Registered Senior Member

ANother US military helicopter takes a nose dive with six more lives lost. Cause still not known for certain, but it does look like 'hostile action'. Locals seem pretty pleased:

Reminds me of those Arabs that were seen celebrating on TV after 11-9 (last ditch effort to use logical English date).

It makes me sick that such clebration at US casualties occur! I mean it's not like the US holds celebrations when Iraqis die (like victory parades for example) is it? Oh yeah... that thing on the boat a few months ago... well anyway...

It's still wrong! Why they have this attitude I don't know! I guess Saddam Hussein makes them celebrate. They're so brainwashed that they don't understand the US is the force for good - the guys in white hats! That's why they celebrate. But Saddam is gone now isn't he? I guess he can't be pulling the strings anymore....I don't get it...

But still! If only we could show them our intentions, if only they knew what US government was like. They long for liberty US-style and if we ran the country they wouldn't have this attitude. They long for American rule, if they had it their country would be a shining beacon of democracy! Oh yeah, forgot - US is running the country... Hmmm....

Well we should just go over there and kick their asses! Violence and power is all they understand and respect! A little US military shock and awe will soon turn them round. Well.... I guess that didn't work either...

The problem is not the US - it's the infrastructure! When they get water and power back they'll soon see how the US is there just for their interests. Then they'll come round. But then again....power is back to pre-war levels and water shipments are imporving while opinion polls suggest Iraqis are less and less happy with the occupation....

So what's my point? That the US government does not understand the middle east or the causes of terrorism. the government does not know why the US is hated. I'd have more respect for America if they were simply ignoring the reasons - ignoring the root causes of terrorism, of anti-US feeling in the Middle East.

But you know what?

They just don't have a clue.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. 10-10-220 Registered Senior Member

I could go on all day, but it's worthless to debate with blind people like you. In your quote, it was mentioned that the man cheering was afraid his family might be harassed. This entirely contradicts your statements made below the quote about how the U.S. has the best interesests in Iraq.

Imagine this (Don't be a realist, just IMAGINE). Iraq invades the U.S. Your power, water, food, everything is gone. You're entire city is bombed. Thousands of civilian lives lost, your whole community is in chaos and there is no order whatsoever. Iraq wants the best intentions, but they still have harassed your family and friends. But wait, they shouldn't even BE here in the first place...would you be cheering when an Iraqi helicopter was shot down?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Methinks captain canada is being sarcastic.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mephura Applesauce, bitch... Valued Senior Member

I agree. Then again, I thought that was pretty obvious, too.

8. Spyke Registered Senior Member

I'd say the obvious sarcasm just flew over somebody's head.