Apocalypse Soon?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Futilitist, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Futilitist This so called forum is a fraud... Registered Senior Member

You seem upset. Maybe you should...oh never mind.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You don't understand my motives for doing this presentation. This is not surprising.

I very much do believe everything I "spout". One of the things I "spout" is that there is nothing that anyone can do to avert the coming apocalypse. You say I should do more. Like what?

Misery may love company, but I am not miserable, and I don't enjoy your company.

Maybe I'm studying patterns of denial.

---Futilitist

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. billvon Valued Senior Member

Do you still believe that we will see civil unrest in the summer of 2013 that presages a complete societal collapse? As I recall, back in early 2013 you said that the start of that complete collapse might take as long as a few years (so, say, 2015) but you didn't think it would be that long. Do you still believe that?

Do you still believe that gasoline will be $16/gallon in 2015, doubling every year thereafter? Or have you "re-thought" that position? Last time I checked gasoline was hovering around $2.50 nationwide.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Futilitist This so called forum is a fraud... Registered Senior Member

No, of course not. You're being silly.

---Futilitist

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

I still believe my advice could be beneficial. This could also imply that I've been a lot nicer to you than you'd care to admit.

If I don't understand your motives I invite you to tell me then.

8. billvon Valued Senior Member

Ah, thank you. So to answer a previous post of yours:

Do very high correlations imply causation? No, of course not.

9. Futilitist This so called forum is a fraud... Registered Senior Member

The future is a hard thing to predict with the kind of precision you demand. I haven't been so far off the mark. I reserve the right to learn stuff as new information comes to light. You should try it.

I explained this to you once before. I certainly am enjoying explaining it to you again. I said that the price of oil would not ever reach those numbers because oil prices that high could not be sustained by the economy. I was right. Please don't bring this up again. Answering the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over gets a bit tiresome. Thanks.

---Futilitist

10. billvon Valued Senior Member

OK. So you still think that the civil unrest will start, latest, by the summer of 2013, presaging a complete societal collapse within a few years?

BTW here's what you said about gasoline: "After 2015, we will cross over into permanent depletion. That means about a 4-8 percent shortfall every year from then on. That is up to 2X as bad as the first oil shock in the 1970's, over and over again, every year. Hypothetically, gasoline will be 12−24 a gallon the first year, and 24−48 a gallon the next, except that the economy will completely collapse before that can happen."

So either the economy will completely collapse or we will have $12/gal (MINIMUM) gas by the end of 2015. (Or you'd have to admit that you were wrong, but I suspect that your ego will not allow it. We will see; you might surprise us.)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  11. Futilitist This so called forum is a fraud... Registered Senior Member

Hi billvon.

"After 2015, we will cross over into permanent depletion. That means about a 4-8 percent shortfall every year from then on. That is up to 2X as bad as the first oil shock in the 1970's, over and over again, every year. Hypothetically, gasoline will be 12−24 a gallon the first year, and 24−48 a gallon the next, except that the economy will completely collapse before that can happen."
    ~Futilitist

Thanks for the whole quote this time. It makes it very apparent that you have been playing word games all along, intentionally misquoting me and putting words in my mouth. You keep trying to imply that I said oil prices would rise to 48 dollars a gallon. I never said such a thing, as the quote above proves. I said that the economy could not handle those kinds of prices. I was right. I should not have bothered to answer you yet again the last time you brought this up. And I can't believe I am forced to do it yet again again.

You are doing this on purpose. It is an intentional deception in place of a logical argument.

Do you have anything else?

I asked you this on the other thread, and you did not answer:

4) It is quite logical to think that you might be a troll, considering how you follow me around the internet. Why are you in these discussions with me all the time? Are you a hard core peak oil denier like Russ Watters so casually admits to being?

---Futilitist

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Mod Hat - this entire thread has become a train wreck of ad hom and other such fallacious sludge... I think it's safe to say it has run its course...

exchemist likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.