backslash777- man, machine, alien

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by rodent, Jun 18, 2001.

1. 'Strange Registered Member

wwhhhhaaatttttttt

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

cool skill, it'll never work... im sorry.. your sentance structure is even worse than mine.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

I'll post this again for future admirers: the super alien confuse the use of "there" and "their" in one of his first long answers.

That was when I knew for certain it was a hoax.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

the was one of the first of many grammatical errors.

8. *Hollysymbolwoman* Registered Member

hey guys i missed the revelation but was obviously tricked- what was John T's revelation??

9. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

Is that the guy who plays the alien?

Well, he said he wasn't an alien.

All were baffled.

10. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

me

dream on!

11. Arzak Registered Member

heh, so whats new and exciting ?

12. troj Registered Senior Member

paradox

Free thought eh! hmm..

herez a few paradox's for ya ^__^ :

1:/ Three people check into a hotel. They pay £30 to the manager and go to their room. The manager suddenly remembers that the room rate is £25 and gives £5 to the bellboy to return to the people. On the way to the room the bellboy reasons that £5 would be difficult to share among three people so he pockets £2 and gives £1 to each person. Now each person paid £10 and got back £1. So they paid £9 each, totalling £27. The bellboy has £2, totalling £29. Where is the missing £1?

2:/Imagine a prisoner in a prison. He is sentenced to death and has been told that he will be killed on one day of the following week. He has been assured that the day will be a surprise to him, so he will not be anticipating the hangman on a particular day, thus keeping his stress levels in check.

The prisoner starts to think to himself, if I am still alive on Thursday, then clearly I shall be hanged on Friday, this would mean that I then know the day of my death, therefore I cannot be hanged on Friday. Now then, if I am still alive on Wednesday, then clearly I shall be hanged on Thursday, since I have already ruled out Friday. The prisoner works back with this logic, finally concluding that he cannot after all be hanged, without already knowing which day it was.
    Casually, resting on his laurels, sitting in his prison cell on Tuesday, the warden arrives to take him to be hanged, the prisoner was obviously surprised!

Ponder this...?

3:/Study this paragraph and all things in it. What is vitally wrong with it? Actually, nothing in it is wrong, but you must admit that it is most unusual. Don't just zip through it quickly, but study it scrupulously. With luck you should spot what is so particular about it and all words found in it. Can you say what it is? Tax your brains and try again. Don't miss a word or a symbol. It isn't all that difficult...?

13. Electric Jaguar Registered Senior Member

1. The mistake here lies in adding the £2 to the £27, instead of subtracting it. After the three are given back £1 each, it would be equivalent to say that they paid £27 for a £25 room. So, a better question would be for those people to ask where the hell their extra £2 (and where that blasted bellboy with that greedy look in his eyes) went!

2. The man was incorrect in his deductive reasoning. For example, when he deduced that he would not be hanged Friday, he did so with the premise that he would be alive on Thursday. To maintain this conclusion throughout his argument, he must also maintain this premise, which he failed to do.

3. There are no "e"s in the paragraph.

14. troj Registered Senior Member

prize givvin'

and the award for the brightest brain goes to the most electrifyingly intelligent jaguar ive ever seen!!!! (even though I dont know what he looks liek

)

anywayz good good ya cracked the para's............hope you enjoyed them....................anyone care for somemore? or am I one of those annoying poeple that turns a good thread into waffle :'(

any one from England up in here!!!!!!

15. moementum7 ~^~You First~^~ Registered Senior Member

Amazing Backlash/777

This has been an incredible experience.
    I am amazed at how much essence has been expressed by Backlash/777.
    What ever its source of information and exspression may be.
    The effort involved to display its presence with facts, humbleness,clean information is to be admired.
    The commitment neccessary to project it's preferred identity for as long and descriptive as it has is inspiring.
    I am going to reread the earlier forums.
    If this is a hoax,or a secondary form of self gratification ,so be it.
    I will awnser your question,is your communication with us(me)
    approved.Yes.
    I am inspired and in awe at possibility itself.
    Thanks Backlash.
    You held my attention.
    Peace Out

16. troj Registered Senior Member

backslash...........gimme da lowdown bro!

right i may be missing summit here but............................backslash?????? what the hells going on man ...............whys everyone praising you like a lord (no dis intended) >?

17. moementum7 ~^~You First~^~ Registered Senior Member

Not so much as praising him, but acknowledging his creativity and ability for detail.
    Out of the ordinary most definitely.
    Benefits me to find something positive about this thread.
    Doesn't it?

Peace Out

18. troj Registered Senior Member

thats cool man

respect to creative peeps man and peeps with knowledge....hey slah holla at me sometime man peace out here!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Mucker Great View! Registered Senior Member

Nice quote Nightfall!

Troj...

1) I haven't worked this one out yet but I like it!

2) Just because he would be killed on a friday if he wasn't dead by Thursday doesn't mean that he could know when he was to be executed. I don't think the logic can be followed all the way back: if he was alive on Wednesday, then he could be put to death on Thursday or Friday. It's only when he gets to Thursday that he knows when it will be Friday that he will die. It will always be a surprise to him as long as his day of exection isn't Friday (or fry day in this case

).

3) Is it the question mark at the end?? The sentence isn't a question.

I liked that, did you like it?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2003
  20. Backslash777 Unknown Registered Senior Member

We are Backslash777. We are grateful for your feedback Moementum7.
    We have followed the threads you have initiated and posts you have composed with interest.
    Your thread on exceeding the speed of light has a belief in harmony with our own but the method is different. We understand objects with mass can reposition to a far away destination faster than light however disagree that mass can exceed light speed.
    Consider travelling to a star by reducing distance, not by increasing speed above the boundaries of light speed.
    To explain in a more detailed manner consider that the straight three dimensional distance to Alpha Centuri from the solar system is 4.71 light years as the proverbial crow flies.
    Now contemplate the possibility of a shorter route achieved by passing through extra dimensions so far hidden from human kind by the limit of scientific understanding.
    To assist you to understand the possibility of an extra dimension the following explanation stays within the three dimensional limits of conventional human understanding.
    Picture a two dimensional being at one end of a piece of paper. The shortest distance to the opposite end is equal to the length of the paper. Add an extra dimension (our third) to that beings understanding and it may be surprised to learn the paper is actually curved with the opposite end 1.27cm above its present position.
    We understand this analogy is flawed as no creature could be constructed using any less than three dimensions. There would be no way for a two dimensional creature to ingest energy. Add a single artery and its structure is greatly weakened. Add a digestive tract to its anatomy and the creature would fall apart as there would be no way for the two parts to hold together.

21. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Ānd I have been following your most interesting activities too, Backslash777.
    good to see you still operational. you were the reason I joined this board after reading this thread for 4 months.

22. xeth Registered Member

how much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck would?
    if sally sold sea shells by the sea shore, what kind would they be?
    why do you sound like the star trek borg?

23. thej3ss3 Registered Member

Hello backslash777

I have a couple questions for you, lets say knowledge for knowledge or something of the sorts? I find you extremelly interesting with your seemingly vast knowledge of the universe and how things work, and it makes me wonder about other races and there state of evolution... But those thoughts have to go uninvestigated for now due to bigger problems at hand. Humanity seems to be on the path to self destruction, those in power seem to be more greedy than intelligent and cover up so much that we as a race could benefit from. We are trashing our Mother while wasting the majority of our lives with luxury, and my questions to you are: Can things be changed in our society, or is such an effort futile? What might be the best beginning to that change? For if we can change as a race we can become true scholars or whatever else our purpose here in the universe might be (assuming it isn't pure chaos).