Baiting The Banning

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Willy, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Willy Banned Banned

Do mods try to bait people they don't like?

By far the majority of flaming, trolling, threating, lieing, personal insults and name calling that I have seen on this forum, has come from the "moderators".

It is clear that these mods try to bait you down to their level, in hopes you will break the rules that they break themselves.

Is this some attempt to have a excuse to ban people whose opinions they don't understand or agree with?

Why?

Maybe some of you don't agree with my opinion, but I would not start flaming, trolling, threating, lieing, personal insults and name calling because you did'nt.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mountainhare Banned Banned

Yes, the mods can and do bait, although they'd never admit to it.

Welcome back, Willy.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Willy Banned Banned

Thanks Mountainhare,

You can see that some of these "mods" lack self control, but I understand it is hard to find good help.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Surely you do not mean to intimate that like other amphibious creatures you mistake every hook for a worm? One would have greater expectations of the educated and forward thinking progressive, especially when confronted by the ill-informed plebians. Perhaps you may not realise this, but not everyone focuses on pigmentation when confronted by a page of information.

8. Willy Banned Banned

S.A.M
    Please do not plant your road side bombs on this thread

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

WWW Please address the content of the post and not the poster; I await your well constructed response to my question with ba(i)ted breath.

10. Willy Banned Banned

And if I don't will you ban me?

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I shall merely wait for a jerk at the end of the line.

12. 2inquisitive The Devil is in the details Registered Senior Member

I see you got your tongue re-sharpened, S.A.M. That was pretty sharp!

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That was quick. Next!

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Usually, people like to give examples.

15. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Do people try to bait mods they don't like?

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Couldn't possibly be. We've worked so hard to consolidate the evil within our grasp.

Maybe the Party Central Committee needs to investigate. Darkness at noon, indeed.

17. mountainhare Banned Banned

James:
    Why on earth would people do that, if they know that these mods will ban them for 7+ days? Surely Willy isn't actually a masochist underneath that homo-hatin' exterior?

18. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Some people join this forum purely to Troll. They aren't here to be forum users but are apart of a greater conspiracy, perhaps it's revenge over their very first handle being banned for their extremist views, perhaps they are apart of a group that makes mischief on the internet by 'Gatecrashing'. (They play the role of unwelcome guests with extremist views that they don't even personally have, they are just their to cause insults to fly and break apart community sites. Often they are referred to as Anarchists)

Further still there are certain extremist groups that coordinate attacks based upon their extremist views, they appear in number and attempt to dominate forums through their own form of propaganda/terrorism. (I would name some, however sciforums doesn't need to be wrongly targeted over one user singling out such groups)

The main problem is though that legitimate posters on the forums rarely can identify other legitimate users over the ones created for the afore mentioned subversive tasks.

Moderators are Human (Currently no ModBot projects have been undertaken to my knowledge), we are driven by the same desires and needs as everyone else. We attempt to don an exterior to deal with the task of moderation set before us, however some people do tempt our good nature and alas we all have various thresholds of tolerance before we claim some form of 'Righteous Indignation'.

We volunteer our time in an attempt to aid the forum, to aid the community but do we get thanks? We get jeered, we get booed, we get condemned for our efforts. This of course can be the turning point of a good moderator, they can quit, they can ignore such hostility or they can become shrouded by an ivory tower (Which can in turn cause them to become more like what the taunts initially stated they were like even though such taunts were wrong at that time).

19. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Ain't that tough

Well, if they "know" that, then one of two things is happening:

• They aren't paying attention; many members bait us and survive. It's difficult to believe the others are actually that stupid.

• They really are clumsy and stupid; I really don't understand what's so difficult. I've even written posts explaining and demonstrating how to take it out on people, and nobody paid any attention.​

It's not actually that hard. And no, we don't have to like you to spare you. All we ask is that if you're going to bait us or anyone else, you at least put some effort into it.

I just figure it's too much effort for some people, in which case they shouldn't bother in the first place.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  20. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

a true amphibian is not usualy fished with a line and hook

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

. you can get amphibious fish that can leave the water for certain periods of time,

but i dont think fish are classed as true amphibia. like frogs.

peace.

21. leopold Valued Senior Member

i'm not sure of the "they don't like" part but yes, mods bait posters.
    this becomes unethical when the poster, when falling for the bait, is moderated for it.
    who knows?
    one of the best one liners i've heard in awhile.

sam
    you are one of the worst baiters we have.

22. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Old saying
    "Just because you are paranoid
    It doesn't mean they are not out to get you"

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The fish are biting today. Hmm, surely 3 warnings are sufficient for the meanest carp?