Baiting The Banning

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Willy, Aug 9, 2007.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You miss the reference, the midevolutionary stages of those not evolved far enough to pass for the chosen ones. But yes, as a matter of fact, you are right.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

yea i don't liek those mods and wouldent put it passed them, i've seen many of them break the rule slike absane etc.. but they can get away with it cuase there above the rules it seems

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

It is why I have embarked on a simple demonstration of how much more fun it is for us mods to keep the comics around for light entertainment as well as an example of how not to post in a forum. Apparently, they are incapable of distinguishing discussion from a fat worm. in which case a suitable demonstration of a fat worm is in order.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

too bad 99% of your 21000 posts is nothing but fat worms instead of anything of substance.
    what a waste.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Begs the question: do you read all of them?

And a second: why?

9. leopold Valued Senior Member

no, but a linear regression plot of a random selection proves my claim

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

please provide the relevant data; I would like to assess the validity of the model.

11. Sputnik Banned Banned

It does happen , but it is still rare James ......... my good friend Spurious comes to my mind .....then again, he actually had some important issues to pursue .....

Hmmm........ Stryder

..... a greater conspiracy ??? coordinating attacks ...???
    appear in number ....??? propaganda and terrorism .......???
    I haven´t been active for a while , but somehow I do NOT recognize this :m:

12. Willy Banned Banned

Who cares? I'm talking about your behaviour.

13. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

oh willy when did you come back??

i woudlve locked the door!!

14. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

This is because the moderators (esp. moderators, Super moderators and Administrators) for the most part have caught them out before they really had the chance to start. That's one of the things we attempt to do to stop such tyranny and why some thread starters that are typically anti-moderator can have questionable motives for their attacks towards moderation.

It's not just that we've read from our angle as moderators how people attempt such things, I've actually seen an inner circle at work and even their methods of attack. You know how you get animal rights protesters storming laboratories, we'll there is a similar mentality in certain anarchists/activists that want to deal with certain other groups.

I've seen how they operate as they count down to Zero hour, I would entail it here however I don't want to give ideas to people or teach them how to go about their activities.

15. Sputnik Banned Banned

If this is true .....then, this is very bad ....not only bad , but serious !!!!
    I am slightly shocked ............

Keep up the good work , Stryder !!!!
    Give me a PM , if you want to notify me of the inner nature of this ...........

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

The lack of good faith among our most problematic and hateful posters means they simply won't get it. In the end, it's kind of like we're awarding them "special rights". To take it from a political outlook, if we enforced good faith alone, some of our liberal posters would disappear, to be certain, but virtually all of the conservative voice would be shown the door.

In the interests of diversity, then, "fair play" means allowing those with mean spirit and bad faith to run somewhat amok at everyone else's expense.

Of course, it could be a deliberate ploy on their part to sabotage the idea of diversity, but I don't think they're smart enough to pull it off.

17. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Well, I have a few theories.

But consider the current thread, for example...

18. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

dont tell me what i missed, who is the biologist here me or you?

thats right i am. and i think i can spell biologist, if im wrong then dont you look stupid.

peace.

19. Willy Banned Banned

Here is a good example of a mods attempt at baiting, this is from the first ever post James R wrote to me after reading facts I presented about homosexual domestic abuse.

He is clearly trying to bait me into lowering myself to his level of name calling.

20. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

you mean your propaganda about homosexual domestic abuse

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

and may i add that leaving out the other stuff to try and help your point doesn't help you. you rattled of bs stats that probably were from study a decade old from an anti-gay group and he called you on he wasn't baiting you he was just telling you your info was bs quit whining about some percieved injustice and try to start adding something intteligent to a debate

22. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Well, after having gone and found the topic you're talking about, I'm hard-pressed to agree with your complaint in this example. It seems you two are actually in agreement inasmuch as you reject the myth, and James R is doubting the commonality of the myth. I'll even go so far as to agree that if the myth is common, it's common among idiots. As you're not one who accepts that myth, I don't see how you can perceive any baiting. In fact, it seems to me you ought to be reinforced by the knowledge that on this point, people aren't perceiving you as an idiot.

23. draqon Banned Banned

Do baits try to mod people they don't like?