Ban Proud Non-Muslim and Others

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by StarOfEight, May 31, 2004.

?

Ban Proud Non-Muslim and Others

Poll closed Jun 7, 2004.
  1. Ban them

14 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Don't ban them

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silverback Registered Senior Member

Time to shut them down. Abuse of the board and loss of board privilages is the result.

One person shouldn't be allowed to hold the place hostage. That kind of behaviour is juvenile anyhow.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Arditezza Banned Banned

I think the primary accounts in all these cases should also be summarily banned due to trying to throw the vote, and creating multiple accounts which are ALL bannable offenses.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

42% of your posts have been in 'Ban and impeach threads'.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Arditezza Banned Banned

I don't have a problem with that. It's a matter of giving people a fair shake around here. Something that it's painfully obvious doesn't happen all the time in Sciforums. When you people don't like someone, you harrass them until they leave or until they lose control. Most of you are nothing more than a bunch of bullies with nothing better to do.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Apparently you do however, since you took the time to do the math to point it out. Still working on those "more than two line" posts issue?

8. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Ban them.
    Straight AFTER you ban PM, and not a fucking second before.
    This goes back to my 'ban no one untill they are worse than PM' proposal. Which was entirely valid.
    If I make a 'proud canine' character and spam the board with news articles on dog abuse and anti-cat propoganda I'm entirely within my rights as a sciforums member, UNTILL proud muslim is gone.

9. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Normally I would agree with Dr Lou on this. But I think that 5 or 6 accounts, all handled by the same person and only used to sprout propaganda and anti PM posts, are way over the limit of tolerance. Whoever created them is worse than PM, cause PM exists only one time (I hope), and he did not talk with himself to sway others to his view.

10. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

actually Lou, i think PM is gone

*dances*

cos i havent seen him since he got the 3 day ban, that was probably a week ago now

11. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

He'll be back

12. Bells Staff Member

They should be banned. And if they share the same IP addy as another more ermm permanent member on here and they've pushed the vote up like this either way, ban them. This is ridiculous. They are spamming different forums in this place with the same threads and each reply to the same threads in a similar manner.

On a side note...

Ermm there's one other person on here with whom I sometimes share the same IP addy and that's because he's my partner and he rarely posts in here and I don't think he's ever posted in a poll. He rarely if ever posts in here and he only joined because he saw I liked posting in here... call it learning about the others interest crapola if you will...lol.. We might sometimes share the same IP addy as I sometimes post from home (hence why my IP addy might be the same as his) and from elsewhere in my spare time. That's not a problem is it?

If the mods have a problem, I can send them a private message to tell them who this poster is so that they can check that he has not even posted in the ban threads I've participated in.

13. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

bells, i think it'll be decided on a case by case basis, or maybe IP's will only be checked if the Mods think that one of you two called the other in to vote, and if hes been on as long as you, then you've got nothing to worry about

14. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

How interesting that the poll just went from 10-1 to 11-6.

15. Bells Staff Member

No he joined about a year or so ago I think. I'm not sure. I've been here a lot longer than that. If it's a problem then I.. well.. I don't know.

He doesn't post in the ban vote threads, at least I don't think he's ever participated in them. If he has and it's on the same side as what I happen to have voted on, just discount our votes if it's a problem I guess. Other wise I'll just tell him not to use his passport or delete his and he can always just use mine to post if and when he ever does post, if it causes a problem

16. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

maybe we should have had an open poll

17. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

You are right CC, considering that some 5 "identities" just went online.

18. Arditezza Banned Banned

They have all just logged in, and Surprise!! the No vote count went up by 5. All of them are 'viewing sciforums index' and not posting. I find it utterly pathetic that someone is that desperate and stupid.

Bells:
    My husband also posts here, albeit from another computer. He also never posts or participates in discussions that I am involved in. Our addresses would be similar, but not the same but I think that the mods would understand given your situation. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless your partner gets out of hand. (In which case I'd consider chopping off a finger or two while they slept as a warning.)

19. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Welcome, Sally and Tally. These two members just joined, and are now viewing this thread.

20. Arditezza Banned Banned

And the vote count continues to go up. I think an IP ban is in order.

21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I noticed that you have no serious post ever. Why blame me for 2 liners?

22. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

bells, dont worry, hes been on a year, your fine

arditezza, remind me never to marry you

23. Arditezza Banned Banned

Well alain, I was kidding. But since I do plan on staying with my husband for the remainder of my natural life then I don't see that as a possibility.

I have several very serious posts, spurious. You took the time to figure out that 42% of my posts were in this forum, you should be able to click a single button and see the other posts I have made that were serious. I consider the majority of my posts in the Ban threads equally serious, as anger against people should be tempered with level-headedness which is the point I am always trying to get across. I have played around on the pirate vs. ninja thread, but everyone needs to let loose occasionally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.