Bhagawad Git and Morals: for the ones suffering

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Dove, Jan 1, 2006.

1. water the sea Registered Senior Member

If you're serious about taking those scriptures as your authority, then I suggest to study them more deeply, for yourself.

However, as a general note -- You believe that God is forgiving. Alright, but this does not give you the right to do something which you are not sure whether it is the right thing to do, or even know is wrong -- and justify it by saying that God is forgiving, therefore, God will forgive any wrong you may have done. This is blackmail. And keep in mind that if God is forgiving, then God will also forgive your bullies for bullying you.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. water the sea Registered Senior Member

But what does it mean for you to surrender?
    What would it take for you to surrender? What do you need to do, or stop doing, so that you can surrender?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dove Registered Senior Member

I guess surrender for me in this situation means- Just continue to take what ever happens, don't take any steps in any direction, don't feel offended by the bullies, hope that God will take care of me eventually etc

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. VitalOne Banned Banned

Why not detach yourself, so then you will act accordingly, whether that means to fight or detach yourself

8. Anomalous Banned Banned

And When is that going to happen and what plans have U made ?

9. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Alright. But if to surrender, you need to have some motivation, some intent behind this surrender.

What do you think is the right reason for surrender? What do you think is the right motivation for surrender?

10. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Yes, but his is much easier said than done. For the time being, a slower pace seems to be needed for her.

11. Anomalous Banned Banned

And what was that U suggested ?

12. water the sea Registered Senior Member

I am suggesting that she investigates her motives, her intentions, her ideas of what constitutes happiness, and also what it means to believe in God, for her.
    Such an investigation should help her to come up with a plan of action where she won't be setting herself up for disappointment and harm.

13. Anomalous Banned Banned

Are U deaf or something ?

She wants to be releaved of the bulling practise going on he. And let her sharpen her skills at office without being taunted and harassed.

DOVE,

Dont listen to this man, here is another theraputic option.

U r in pain because the thoughts of abuse are getting U again and again, so create a blog of it and post your daily thoughts of it in it. That will keepout all thoes thought from past troubling U again and again. Yuor thoughts will be replaced by thoughts of what to put in that blog the next time and because U have a record U can think of better solutions in future. And after U get another Job just show that blog to thoes damn abusers. That sweet moment comming about shocking your abusers will keep U a bit happier.

Heres another one, request a strong looking male man, a old friend of yours to often visit U in the office in break hours and watch the change in the attitude of thoes abusers. Tell him why to do that.

14. Dove Registered Senior Member

Anamalous,

suggest somethig practical. why do you want me to get into trouble? why open a blog on the intrnet when I can write my painful feelings down on a a paper?

What makes you all feel that I am a woman? How can I take a strong looking man to my office when I am a man myself?

15. Dove Registered Senior Member

Water,

You said since God is forgiving he will forgive my bullies for bullying me.

Don' you think that has been happening for the past two and a half years?

May be thats why I am divided between surrendering (being a sitting duck) and going ahead and talking charge of my life. I am tired of being abused, of lies and slander.

I need practical practical advice.

16. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Dove,

You said your boss said that you were "as bitchy as other women", and this implied that you were a woman as well.
    I apologize for the inconvenience.

Even if you did manage to get such a man to your office, he couldn't be there all the time to protect you.
    So you'll obviously have to find a more realistic solution.

I did not say that God is forgiving; I only said that if *you* believe God is forgiving, then, according to your understanding of forgiveness, God will forgive other people as well.

I don't know. Maybe God is waiting for you to take heart and make some decisions about your life, and about God. And this situation you are in right now at work, may just be the testing situation for you.

If to you, surrender means being a sitting duck, then you had better not "surrender". But I don't think that the poster who suggested surrender meant that surrender means being a sitting duck.

And it's good that you are tired of that.

This is going to hurt ...

I think that the real problem in this bullying situation is your pride. Your pride leads you to blame it all on other people. It is your pride that is hurt when other people don't treat you the way you think they should, the way that would suit your pride.

Yes, it is true that other people are not treating you very kindly. But you cannot change other people, and trying to change them is irrational.

The solution, however, is not in becoming a doormat or a sitting duck. You need to learn to mind your own business, and not let yourself be easily swayed by the opinions of others.

Yes, this is going to take time and effort. And no, it won't be always nice.
    But you must decide whether you are going to be in charge of your own happiness and not let yourself be brought down by the words and deeds of others, or whether you will let your pride rule you and leave you at the mercy of others.

17. genep Guest

The Supreme Comedy, life (the mind), is that no matter what “you” do YOU are doing it perfectly .. so worry all you want, or don't give a damn, rob banks, or do like Arjuna and kill and slaughter , or save souls, or teach priests how to be child molesters … it can make no difference because YOU are playing your role perfectly ... as is everyone else.

The Self, Atman, Reality, plays all the roles perfectly and so there are no winners or losers in this Supreme Comedy called life … and thus the worst thing that can happen in this fiction called life is that you die and WAKE up to be HEAVEN, and the best thing that can happen is that the thought of death kills you with LAUGHTER (Kundalini) to make you REALIZE that you have always been HEAVEN.

To be Awake is to care about nothing because it is all Reality’s fiction and YOU ARE the Reality that is Everything, Heaven.

Just remember that the only message the Gita gives us is that “ there is no doer” -- because life is Reality’s fiction. Everything else in the Gita is just fairy tales that intellectuals have to masturbate for their wisdoms.

-- and this is the Supreme Truth because there is no other, there is no doer who can disagree… and that is just the final facet of the Supreme Comedy.

18. Anomalous Banned Banned

what are U waiting for christmas ?

Thats good U r a man, now U can call in office 4 or more Huge hunks everyday just to show what an informidable force they are reckoning with.

19. Anomalous Banned Banned

Get over it dude , there is no god no matter how bad we want it to exist.

20. Jenyar Solar flair Valued Senior Member

Dove,

Explore all avenues. There is not just a single factor involved here, so there will be no single "answer". You must find out what (if anything) you are doing to facilitate the harassment (such as leaving your work around to be tampered with) and stop doing it, and then look at what the possible solutions are. First, the boundaries: If you are interested in doing the right thing, it should be legal, and in the second place: not simply retaliatory (revenge). Anything else would be counter-productive and a waste of energy, perpetuating the problem or causing new ones.

Is there a workers' union who can represent your case? Are there independent arbiters (an external council for mediation and arbitration) in your city or country, who can be appealed to? You have a temporary contract, I presume - what rights does it stipulate? What are the proper channels for opening a formal written dispute (which has to be heard)? And even though you are only a temporary, you still have constitutional rights and labour law that no contract, boss or employee may violate. Find out what your rights and options are, and make an informed decision.

But first you should speak to them informally. Try to resolve the situation - at least from your side - with a clear conscience. Make a formal appointment with each of them (together or separately), and tell them how this is affecting you - make it clear that you don't understand their reaction to you, and that you wish to find out so you can resolve it (it must be your sincere wish; you won't fool anybody). If you don't intend to quit, say so from the beginning so they can't intimidate you. Even if they don't take you seriously, tell them that you are taking it seriously. But don't make threats; this is your profession, so be professional. If this goes well, you might not have to go any further (repeating the same process with the manager present), and at least you'll be able to see whether they can be rational about it. If not, it might be better to quit than to be fired because you physically can't do your work.

As for God: He helps those who can't help themselves, by empowering them. The Bible testifies that He is on the side of justice and fairness, but opposes oppression and personal revenge. It emphasizes that God is with us through suffering, bearing it with us, and not only at the other end of it. He may not do anything about the bullies at the moment - if they don't want to be "controlled" by God and do not listen to His warnings, their sins will condemn them if they don't change their ways (just like yours would) - but you still have the choice: you can take the way of the bullies, play their game and maybe even win at it, or you can make it clear on whose side you see yourself on by keeping your eyes on the narrow road through this.

You can't bribe God; you won't "get" anything in return for good works - they are simply your duty, representing your side of the relationship. If you had no relationship with God until this point, maybe it's time to start investing in it. God doesn't play the role of our bouncer, standing outside at our beck and call, or a vending machine, "doing what He does" everytime we drop in a coin. If you want a relationship with God in this job or the next - whether through unfairness and suffering or prosperity and health - you have to start living as if you want it. Most of your answers will come through such a lifestyle itself, but you might gain something far superior to happiness in the process - that will allow you to change the things you can, accept what you cannot change, and give you the wisdom to know the difference.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2006