"Book of Mormon" plagiarism?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by WildBlueYonder, Apr 19, 2005.

1. I wrote
    you wrote
    just a thought on your obvious error in either understanding what I was asking or the faulty reasoning behind your answer, look here:

I'm asking why there are no BoM museums, like all those about Bible lands & people, you're answering by saying that there are still atheists despite those museums

you miss the point in 2 areas:
    1) there are Bible-related museums, because there are Bible-related artifacts to put in them
    2) those Bible-related artifacts prove that those people existed, not that what they believed was true, hence atheists

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Marlin Registered Senior Member

Randolpho, you are too stupid for words. I'm through with you.

[IGNORE WBY: ON]

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. you say
    if the following is to hard to answer in words, draw us a map, diagram it or whatever, but I think they are valid questions, I'm sorry that you can not find a way to answer them without a recourse to anger

I say
    if you are going to prove mormonism true, you need to work on the fundamentals, answering direct questions with direct answers would be a start

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Marlin Registered Senior Member

I cannot prove Mormonism to be true; only God can do that. I've given you the God-given instructions for getting a testimony that the BofM is true. Why don't *you* answer *that* direct challenge, rather than dancing all over the ring claiming yourself to be an "expert" on Mormonism (when you won't even test Mormonism on its strongest point, asking God Himself if it's true or not?)

Read the Book of Mormon. Study it, pray about it sincerely. That is how God will tell you in your heart that it's true.

8. Marlin Registered Senior Member

And BTW, I am not a "Mormon bishop," as you seem to think. I'm strictly a small fish, as you would call me.

9. Nisus by peace he shall destroy many Registered Senior Member

seem to get it WBY but you can't get over it...

Get an FN life!

i found two good words, rather suitable for your attempts to derail a religion;

Measly and vain, hah. lol @ u.

y don't u move on and study marine biology or go help some poor starving children somewhere.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Or, in other words: In order to know whether what the book of Mormon says is true, one must become a Mormon.

This is circular.
    Thus, nonsense.

11. Nisus by peace he shall destroy many Registered Senior Member

To know the Book of Mormon is true is to open your spiritual eyes to the possibility of God working miracles, and accepting them.

12. Marlin Registered Senior Member

And, not true.

13. water the sea Registered Senior Member

It is true.

I can understand how someone can lose one's temper, take a gun and go shoot some people, people like Mormons and other self-absorbed believers who will insist on a circularity and claim it is not one.
    Unless one has a big ego, or is, if such is possible, God's elect, a circularity will short-circuit one's brain. And if there isn't enough fear or compassion in that person, the person will take a gun and start killing people who insist on those circularities.

14. Marlin Registered Senior Member

So THAT'S why so many Mormons go out and shoot people! I wondered about that....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Water just described why mormons DON'T often massacre people, you retard.

16. Marlin Registered Senior Member

My mistake.