British Men Are Less Fertile Than Hamsters

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by goofyfish, Mar 18, 2002.

1. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

I'd heard of the lower sperm count concern being associated with plastic about 10 years ago. Polymers of plastic are shed into the bottled drinking water that's being consumed in much greater volume as trust in tap water declines, and humans didn't evolve with plastics as a component of their diet. Not that plastic contamination is the foremost suspect, it's just one of a bunch.

I also think it may be discussed as an issue affecting men's fertility more than women's because the sperm count aspect of fertility is so much easier to check for than to attempt to diagnose how a woman's fertility is impacted. Sperm count isn't the only variable effecting men's virility; there's also sperm motility, and it's down, too.

Peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

British men less fertile than hamsters! HAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!

ImaHamster2 must be feeling damn studly right now.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. bbcboy Recovering christian Registered Senior Member

This just goes to prove my theory that it's better to drink alcohol at every given opportunity.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jez Optimist Registered Senior Member

Hey, I dont see a reason why hamsters wouldnt have less fertile sperm then brittish men of this reason: have you ever seen hamsters having sex? arent they like super-fast? like rabbits? the only reason for why they would be so fast must be because their fertile sperm is rumbling around in their bodies (making that shaking motion, somewhat like a blender) each time they are doing their thing...? am I right on track?

8. kmguru Staff Member

For more on sperm count in general see link: http://www.ourstolenfuture.org/Myths/spermmyth.htm

The review published in 1992 by Carlsen et al. (and described in OSF, Chapter 10) reported that human sperm count had fallen by approximately 50% over the past half-century. Their work was based on an analysis of 61 studies of sperm count patterns in individual places, most of them from Europe and North America with some from other regions, but mostly developed countries.

etc....

9. Nephilim Registered Senior Member

Ah, extinction by technology. I love it. Love...it. Just proves that we need to regress back to the cave man days. We don't need cars and all that shit anyways. Since we are technically dying off, slowly anyway, its time to proceed on changing our lifestyles to better the future of the human race. We need some thing that will break up society, and all other social structure. What we need is something like a...cataclysm. Anarchy is the only thing that will save us.(just ranting)

10. Nephilim Registered Senior Member

Ah, extinction by technology. I love it. Love...it. Just proves that we need to regress back to the cavemen. We don't need cars and all that shit anyways. Since we are technically dying off, slowly anyway, its time to proceed on changing our lifestyles to better the future of the human race. We need some thing that will break up society, and all other social structure. What we need is something like a...cataclysm. Anarchy is the only thing that will save us.(just ranting)

11. esp Registered Senior Member

Hmm. Bearing in mind that this is from the independant (a 'paper with a reasonably marginal circulation and readership);

I am assuming that Britain is named here because the Independant is a British 'paper.

12. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Implying that an article’s validity is determined in accordance with a rag’s circulation?
    Seems likely to me.

Come on… don’t be so sensitive! It only takes one!

Peace.

13. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Humorous future headlines aside, it is certainly not just the UK. It's the industrialized world that's reporting lower sperm counts.

Peace.

14. Decimator Registered Member

well then why don't you go throw your computer out the window

15. esp Registered Senior Member

You throw yous first!