Can Humans Become Shorter?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Omega133, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I assume you're female since 6'2" is not particularly tall for a man these days, whereas men who are 5'7" like Jon Stewart always joke about it sadly.

Models, many of whom are very tall, tell us that short men flock around them like hummingbirds at a honeysuckle tree. Changing your couture would be much easier than changing your height. Perhaps if you dress like a fashion model you'll be adored by men who are just as unusual as you are. (Forgive me for assuming that you don't, but I have jumped to the conclusion that you probably do everything possible to not draw attention to yourself.)

I have a female friend who is 5'5 1/2," which is not really all that short, but she has to stand on tiptoes to see over people and she really hates it. We can't go to a rock concert and buy tickets down on the floor because she won't be able to see anything.

In a fit of wishful thinking, when she was young she blew off college and went to modeling school, even though the minimum height for a model in the USA is 5'6". I guess she enjoyed the fantasy.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

If normal people are three feet high, how big will midgets be?
    Could they be taller than normal people?

Will they laugh at us and put us in Circuses.
    Oh, the cruel irony..................

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

I feel you Wii...I am also 6ft2in and its just boolshit life. Being tall amongst all the spanish shorties especially in America is so tough =/ And the problem is expectations from women here...they expect you to have a large package since ur 6ft2in...At least there are couple of benefits of being tall. But frankly I am fed up with the anti-tall people social issues arising here, which is why I am moving to Netherlands starting this fall. Well not because of this, because of a job, but Netherlands is way better...hopefully.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.