Cancer cure in microtubules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Write4U

Valued Senior Member
Continuing our research on the emerging science on the role microtubules play in cellular growth and disease.

Recent Approaches to the Identification of Novel Microtubule-Targeting Agents
Consistent with their involvement in core cellular processes, affecting microtubule assembly results in cytotoxicity and cell death. For these reasons, microtubules are among the most important targets for the therapeutic treatment of several diseases, including cancer.
The vast literature related to microtubule stabilizers and destabilizers has been reviewed extensively in recent years. Here we summarize recent experimental and computational approaches for the identification of novel tubulin modulators and delivery strategies. These include orphan small molecules, PROTACs as well as light-sensitive compounds that can be activated with high spatio-temporal accuracy and that represent promising tools for precision-targeted chemotherapy.

This paper is a comprehensive overview of emerging role of microtubules in treatment of various medical conditions.

The following excerpt is technically above my pay-grade, but it does confirm my initial "recognition" and "anticipation" of the importance microtubules will play in future medicinal science.

I am sure that "learned minds" will recognize the actual state of the scientific discoveries that microtubules are beginning to play in greater scheme of things. You be the judge.

some excerpts:
fmolb-09-841777-g002.jpg

https://www.frontiersin.org/files/A...-841777-HTML/image_m/fmolb-09-841777-g002.jpg

PROTACs
[quote[PROteolysis TArgeting Chimeras (PROTACs) is a technology that holds great promise for overcoming drug resistance problems as it allows the inactivation of the target protein by inducing its complete degradation rather than its sheer inhibition (Garber, 2021). [/quote]
PROTACs are bifunctional molecules featuring an E3 ubiquitin ligase moiety tethered to a ligand of the target protein of interest via a linker of optimal length. The association of the ligand moiety of the PROTAC with the protein of interest promotes ubiquitination of the target protein and its degradation by the ubiquitin proteasome system (UPS).
Recently, an attempt to develop the first tubulin-targeting PROTAC has been made (Gasic et al., 2020). The validity of this approach is corroborated by the observation that a number of compounds that are known to bind covalently to different cysteines on β-tubulin promote tubulin degradation (Yang et al., 2019). The authors designed different degrader molecules, all of them featuring a E3 ubiquitin ligase Cereblon (CRBN) moiety and either a monomethyl auristatin E (MMAE) scaffold or a combretastatin A-4 (CA4) scaffold as tubulin-binding moiety, the former binding at the interface between α and β-tubulin, the latter binding only to β-tubulin.
However, neither strategies resulted in tubulin degradation. While the authors conclude that tubulin may be resistant to degradation by CRBN-recruiting PROTACs, they also suggest that the use of other E3 ligases or the use of a different tubulin-binding moiety may eventually lead to a successful tubulin degradation by different PROTACs. It is also conceivable that by combining photoactivation with protein degradation, the use of PHOTACs (PHOtochemically TArgeting Chimeras) may enable a precise spatio-temporal control of degraders by light (Reynders et al., 2020) and could represent a promising approach to high precision modulation of microtubule stability. Madhukar et al., 2019).
..... more
BANDIT integrates more than 20 million data points from such diverse data types as drug efficacy, post-treatment transcriptional responses, drug structures, reported adverse effects, bioassay results, and known targets. This integrated approach allows the identification of drugs that share the same target much more accurately than approaches that use single data types. Using this approach on microtubules, the authors initially identified a set of 24 structurally diverse orphan small molecules, which they tested experimentally on breast cancer cells. Of these 24 compounds, 14 were active on microtubules. Interestingly, only nine of these 14 compounds were also identified using structure-based only prediction methods. Tested on an ovarian carcinoma cell line that is resistant to Eribulin, an FDA approved MDAs, the authors identified three compounds that show good microtubule depolymerization activity against these cells, thus overcoming the Eribulin resistance problem.
....... more

And a scientific conclusion that I predicted several years ago.

Conclusion
Because of its essential role in mitosis, tubulin is a fundamental target in drug discovery and an important benchmark for testing new cancer therapeutic approaches and ideas. This continuous quest for novel microtubule interactors is also justified by the drug resistance problem, which is often hampering the clinical efficacy of the current gold standard MTAs such as paclitaxel and vinblastine. Here we reported some of the most interesting and innovative recent approaches to MT modulation. It is likely that some of them will continue to be explored to identify new MTAs that may eventually provide viable alternatives to the current therapeutic protocols.
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fmolb.2022.841777/full#h5

And this is what I intended to share with interested readers and I have had some encouragement, but alas, my research has fallen on deaf ears from sceptical "learned minds" and years of research in this new area of scientific study are now in a closed thread and not open to further news from an exciting new area of medical inquiry. Too bad!

Below is the link to the entire paper and related science, including downloadable pdf
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fmolb.2022.841777/full

Last edited:
My gosh, those darn microtubes are the cat's meow aren't they?
A veritable wompom of microbiology :

Of course, the role of microtubules in the process of cell division has never been contested by anyone on this forum. It is one of the things they are actually known to do.

Last edited:
My gosh, those darn microtubes are the cat's meow aren't they?
You can bet on it. Several years ago Penrose became intrigued by Hameroff's description of microtubule properties and behaviors and wondered if MTs could operate as nano-scale logic gates.

Here is a quote from another scientist;
Gordon Hogenson, M.S. Physical Chemistry, University of Washington, 6y
As someone who has published at least one paper on the topic of quantum mechanics, I will answer that when Penrose came to my university to give a talk, professors in my department were very interested and attended his series of talks, which attempted to explain subtle quantum mechanical concepts in ways we had never heard before, and they were keen to get seats at his lectures on quantum mind as well, and this was back in the 1990s.
It was tough to get a seat at Penrose’s lectures, as there were so many more that wanted to attend than the large auditorium could possibly accommodate. I was there, and tried to save a seat for someone I had invited to attend with me. Before I gave up saving it, I had about 10 people ask if that seat was taken.
Penrose explained his theory beautifully, showed fascinating video of microtubules in action, and the audience’s questions were interesting and were answered thoroughly and creatively.
Now, how many of those attendees actually accepted his theory and believed it was correct? I suspect very few, but it was clear that people are enormously interested that someone of his stature and intellect was at least trying to tackle the question. It seemed to us to be the most serious attempt out there to answer the difficult questions about consciousness, mind, and the nature of reality.
https://www.quora.com/What-do-quantum-physicists-say-about-the-microtubules-quantum-mind-theories

And here is the description of microtubule function from a dedicated scientist in this field, Professor Justin Riddle. PhD
https://www.youtube.com/c/JustinRiddle

Everything I have cited on the importance of microtubules in living things is actually gleaned from existing science and known to function as described by the quoted passages from those scientific papers. When you add all MT functions, it becomes clear that questions of cellular diseases (including brain cells) must involve the only connected organelle that meets all necessary electrochemical properties necessary to build a model. As I understand it the mitochondria is responsible for assembling and "knitting" the MT into nano scale amplifiers that allow for quantum processes to collapse in a controlled fashion. The mitotic spindle is one model of MT data processing at very fine scales.

Microtubules (and related filament) are real nano-scale data processors. How the neural network processes data can be measured. How it all works is what we are beginning to find out!

I am bemused by the lack of philosophical interest in the science of biological meta-physical consciousness, the evolving sensory excellence that has resulted in the ability to do the physical sciences to begin with.

Last edited:
You can bet on it. Several years ago Penrose became intrigued by Hameroff's description of microtubule properties and behaviors and wondered if MTs could operate as nano-scale logic gates.

Here is a quote from another scientist;
Gordon Hogenson, M.S. Physical Chemistry, University of Washington, 6y

https://www.quora.com/What-do-quantum-physicists-say-about-the-microtubules-quantum-mind-theories

And here is the description of microtubule function from a dedicated scientist in this field, Professor Justin Riddle. PhD
https://www.youtube.com/c/JustinRiddle

Everything I have cited on the importance of microtubules in living things is actually gleaned from existing science and known to function as described by the quoted passages from those scientific papers. When you add all MT functions, it becomes clear that questions of cellular diseases (including brain cells) must involve the only connected organelle that meets all necessary electrochemical properties necessary to build a model. As I understand it the mitochondria is responsible for assembling and "knitting" the MT into nano scale amplifiers that allow for quantum processes to collapse in a controlled fashion. The mitotic spindle is one model of MT data processing at very fine scales.

Microtubules (and related filament) are real nano-scale data processors. How the neural network processes data can be measured. How it all works is what we are beginning to find out!

I am bemused by the lack of philosophical interest in the science of biological meta-physical consciousness, the evolving sensory excellence that has resulted in the ability to do the physical sciences to begin with.
Reported for thread hijacking.

Reported for thread hijacking.
Hijacking a thread I started?

Looks more like you are trolling my thread!

Please let me post what I feel is important and stop being the science police.
If you wish to post something important start your own thread and stop being a pain.

Last edited:
Hijacking a thread I started?

Looks more like you are trolling my thread!

Please let me post what I feel is important and stop being the science police.
If you wish to post something important start your own thread and stop being a pain.
You are known for self-hijacking. Hijacking a thread is a pain in the arse whoever does it, as it wrecks any discussion.

You are known for self-hijacking. Hijacking a thread is a pain in the arse whoever does it, as it wrecks any discussion.
I agree, and that post is perfectly suitable for the subject under discussion (see bolded).

Microtubules are critically involved in the mitotic duplication of cancerous cells.
Cells replicate through a process called mitosis, making perfect copies of themselves. Sometimes, a cell's DNA can mutate during replication. Most mutations are harmless, but some can cause cells to grow uncontrollably, leading to cancer.
https://www.khanacademy.org/science...cular-biology/stem-cells-and-cancer/v/cancer#

So why are you trying to destroy this thread?

Last edited:
You have never posted anything to support that claim, which you nevertheless make repeatedly.
Yes I have only posted claims that I could support with scientific excerpts from reliable sources..
I have contributed a library of serious literature on the state of neural and cytological science. and the dynamic information processes MT are involved in. Their utility seems to be practically limitless.

Cell biology

Branch of biology that studies cells
Cell biology is a branch of biology that studies the structure, function, and behavior of cells. All living organisms are made of cells. A cell is the basic unit of life that is responsible for the living and functioning of organisms. Cell biology is the study of the structural and functional units of cells.
Cell biology encompasses both prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells and has many subtopics which may include the study of cell metabolism, cell communication, cell cycle, biochemistry, and cell composition.
The study of cells is performed using several microscopy techniques, cell culture, and cell fractionation. These have allowed for and are currently being used for discoveries and research pertaining to how cells function, ultimately giving insight into understanding larger organisms.
Knowing the components of cells and how cells work is fundamental to all biological sciences while also being essential for research in biomedical fields such as cancer, and other diseases.
Research in cell biology is interconnected to other fields such as genetics, molecular genetics, molecular biology, medical microbiology, immunology, and cytochemistry
more......
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cell_biology

Would you agree that cancer is a disease of the cell? It would be logical to defend the disease at cellular level and especially during mitosis that is fundamentally performed by the mitotic spindle that copies the genetic codes for the new cell .

The link was to a reliable source engaged in cellular research. They'll find out the How. That is the hard work.
A lot of new information to process.

Last edited:
Yes I have only posted claims that I could support with scientific excerpts from reliable sources.
But nothing that supports the claim I specifically referred to in my previous post.
I have contributed a library of serious literature on the state of neural and cytological science.
You have posted random links to various peer-reviewed papers, along with a lot of basic definitions. That's about it. Most of what you post here consists of randomly cutting and pasting stuff that you most probably just google in the moment as some passing inspiration strikes you.
Their [microtubular] utility seems to be practically limitless.
Spoken like a true man of faith.
Cell biology
And never forget to include the obligatory irrelevant cut-and-paste set of definitions, in every post!
Would you agree that cancer is a disease of the cell?
I'm happy to run with that description, for now,
It would be logical to defend the disease at cellular level and especially during mitosis that is fundamentally performed by the mitotic spindle that copies the genetic codes for the new cell .
Cell division involved mitotic spindles. Okay. So what?
The link was to a reliable source engaged in cellular research. They'll find out the How. That is the hard work.
Yes. Real scientists find out stuff by doing real work. So what?

You have posted random links to various peer-reviewed papers, along with a lot of basic definitions. That's about it. Most of what you post here consists of randomly cutting and pasting stuff that you most probably just google in the moment as some passing inspiration strikes you.
I go where the information leads me.
Cell division involved mitotic spindles. Okay. So what?
Cancer is the result of biological information. When this information damages or diseases the cell (cancerous), the only time to "fix" the cell's genetics is during mitosis, the production of new cells. The diseased cells cannot be repaired, they must be destroyed.

What you fail to see is that all those random links to peer-reviewed papers share a common denominator that does the actual data processing and transport, i.e. microtubules.

800px-Signal_transduction_pathways.svg.png

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Signal_transduction_pathways.svg

Does this look like a computer? Note that all these arrows symbolize data transport via microtubules.

This leads to:
Polarized microtubule remodeling transforms the morphology of reactive microglia and drives cytokine release
Abstract
Microglial reactivity is a pathological hallmark in many neurodegenerative diseases. During stimulation, microglia undergo complex morphological changes, including loss of their characteristic ramified morphology, which is routinely used to detect and quantify inflammation in the brain.
However, the underlying molecular mechanisms and the relation between microglial morphology and their pathophysiological function are unknown.
We do know that microtubules do the data transport.
Here, proteomic profiling of lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-reactive microglia identifies microtubule remodeling pathways as an early factor that drives the morphological change and subsequently controls cytokine responses.
We find that LPS-reactive microglia reorganize their microtubules to form a stable and centrosomally-anchored array to facilitate efficient cytokine trafficking and release. We identify cyclin-dependent kinase 1 (Cdk-1) as a critical upstream regulator of microtubule remodeling and morphological change in-vitro and in-situ. Cdk-1 inhibition also rescues tau and amyloid fibril-induced morphology changes. These results demonstrate a critical role for microtubule dynamics and reorganization in microglial reactivity and modulating cytokine-mediated inflammatory responses.
Plants are also Eukaryotic organisms and cellular activity is regulated by microtubule data transport.

Plant perception (physiology)

This article is about the physiology of normal perception in multicellular plants.
(For pseudoscientific theories regarding paranormal emotion and perception in plants, see Plant perception (paranormal).)

The leaf closing after touch in Mimosa pudica depends on electrical signals
Plant perception is the ability of plants to sense and respond to the environment by adjusting their morphology and physiology.[1] Botanical research has revealed that plants are capable of reacting to a broad range of stimuli, including chemicals,
gravity, light, moisture, infections, temperature, oxygen and carbon dioxide concentrations, parasite infestation, disease, physical disruption, sound,[2][3][4][5] and touch.

The scientific study of plant perception is informed by numerous disciplines, such as plant physiology, ecology, and molecular biology.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plant_perception_(physiology)

And all Eukaryotic organisms use microtubules for data processing and transport.

Yes. Real scientists find out stuff by doing real work. So what?
I don't do the science. I discuss it.

Last edited:
And never forget to include the obligatory irrelevant cut-and-paste set of definitions, in every post!
You complain that I do not specify what microtubules do, yet you also complain that I give you too much information about what microtubules do.
If you do not read what I post, you cannot know what information is contained in those pesky, but relevant cut-and-paste set of definitions in every post that show the incredible versatility of this tiny data processor and transport network.

Regulation of microtubule dynamics, mechanics and function through the growing tip
Abstract
Microtubule dynamics and their control are essential for the normal function and division of all eukaryotic cells. This plethora of functions is, in large part, supported by dynamic microtubule tips, which can bind to various intracellular targets, generate mechanical forces and couple with actin microfilaments.
Here, we review progress in the understanding of microtubule assembly and dynamics, focusing on new information about the structure of microtubule tips. First, we discuss evidence for the widely accepted GTP cap model of microtubule dynamics. Next, we address microtubule dynamic instability in the context of structural information about assembly intermediates at microtubule tips.
Three currently discussed models of microtubule assembly and dynamics are reviewed. These are considered in the context of established facts and recent data, which suggest that some long-held views must be re-evaluated.
Finally, we review structural observations about the tips of microtubules in cells and describe their implications for understanding the mechanisms of microtubule regulation by associated proteins, by mechanical forces and by microtubule-targeting drugs, prominently including cancer chemotherapeutics.
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41580-021-00399-x

Oh, without microtubules there is no life or procreation

Microtubular Dysfunction and Male Infertility
Sezgin Gunes1,7 , Pallav Sengupta2,7 , Ralf Henkel3,7 , Aabed Alguraigari4,7 , Mariana Marques Sinigaglia5,7 , Malik Kayal6,7 , Ahmad Joumah6,7 , Ashok Agarwal7 1 Department of Medical Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Ondokuz Mayis University, Samsun, Turkey, 2 Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, MAHSA University, Selangor, Malaysia, 3 Department of Medical Bioscience, University of the Western Cape, Bellville, South Africa, 4 Batterjee Medical College, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, 5 University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil, 6 Alfaisal University Medical School, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 7 American Center for Reproductive Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Microtubules are the prime component of the cytoskeleton along with microfilaments. Being vital for organelle transport and cellular divisions during spermatogenesis and sperm motility process, microtubules ascertain functional capacity of sperm.
Also, microtubule based structures such as axoneme and manchette are crucial for sperm head and tail formation. This review (a) presents a concise, yet detailed structural overview of the microtubules, (b) analyses the role of microtubule structures in various male reproductive functions, and (c) presents the association of microtubular dysfunctions with male infertility. Considering the immense importance of microtubule structures in the formation and maintenance of physiological functions of sperm cells, this review serves as a scientific trigger in stimulating further male infertility research in this direction. Key
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/328450886

Cancer is the result of biological information.
No. Information, of whatever kind, can't be a cause of anything, on its own.
When this information damages or diseases the cell (cancerous)...
Information can't damage any physical object, cells included.
What you fail to see is that all those random links to peer-reviewed papers share a common denominator that does the actual data processing and transport, i.e. microtubules.
Actually, your random links don't even always share the common denominator of mentioning the word "microtubule". Though, given your limited scope of interest in the world around you, they often do.
Does this look like a computer?
It looks more like a concept map ('mind map') to me.
Note that all these arrows symbolize data transport via microtubules.
Really? What data is being transported?
And all Eukaryotic organisms use microtubules for data processing and transport.
Really? How do they use microtubules for data processing?

Can you give me an example in which a microtubule processes some data, please?
You complain that I do not specify what microtubules do...
No. You make a lot of claims about all the amazing things you believe microtubules do. I complain that you never back up your claims with any relevant evidence that shows that they actually do any of the things you claim, at least when it comes to things like "data processing" or being the cause of consciousness.
... yet you also complain that I give you too much information about what microtubules do.
I complain that you give too much irrelevant information, none of which supports your core claims. Way way too much.
If you do not read what I post...
Unfortunately, I do read what you post. It's a task I feel somewhat obliged to do as a moderator. And, sure, sometimes I enjoy responding to what you post. Realistically, though, I've given up on any hope that you'll come to recognise the futile nature of what you're doing here. This obsession of yours with microtubules is a massive time waster. I feel sorry for you that you apparently believe that what you're doing is important or significant, with this stuff. On the other hand, if it gives you a feeling comfort and consistency, I guess that's something of some value.
Oh, without microtubules there is no life or procreation
It's hard to live when the structural components of your cells are acting up, I can imagine.

No. Information, of whatever kind, can't be a cause of anything, on its own.
But I did not claim that information itself is causal. It is causal when the value of the information interacts with the value of other information.
Really? What data is being transported?
Causation and Information: Where Is Biological Meaning to Be Found?

Abstract
The term ‘information’ is used extensively in biology, cognitive science and the philosophy of consciousness in relation to the concepts of ‘meaning’ and ‘causation’. While ‘information’ is a term that serves a useful purpose in specific disciplines, there is much to the concept that is problematic.
Part 1 is a critique of the stance that information is an independently existing entity. On this view, and in biological contexts, systems transmit, acquire, assimilate, decode and manipulate it, and in so doing, generate meaning.
I provide a detailed proposal in Part 2 that supports the claim that it is the dynamic form of a system that qualifies the informational nature of meaningful interactive engagement, that is, that information is dependent on dynamic form rather than that it exists independently.
In Part 3, I reflect on the importance of the distinction between the independent and dependent stances by looking specifically at the implications for how we might better interpret causation and emergence.
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12304-020-09397-6#
Really? How do they use microtubules for data processing?
That is what is being discovered today.
Can you give me an example in which a microtubule processes some data, please?
Reorganization of Microtubules during Mitosis

ch11f43.jpg

Microtubules
Microtubules, the third principal component of the cytoskeleton, are rigid hollow rods approximately 25 nm in diameter. Like actin filaments, microtubules are dynamic structures that undergo continual assembly and disassembly within the cell.
They function both to determine cell shape and in a variety of cell movements, including some forms of cell locomotion, the intracellular transport of organelles, and the separation of chromosomes during mitosis.
During mitosis, microtubules transport genetic data to the daughter cell.
No. You make a lot of claims about all the amazing things you believe microtubules do. I complain that you never back up your claims with any relevant evidence that shows that they actually do any of the things you claim, at least when it comes to things like "data processing" or being the cause of consciousness.
Interesting that microtubules are critical components for "data processing" and "consciousness".
I complain that you give too much irrelevant information, none of which supports your core claims. Way way too much.
I am posting the areas where microtubules are actively involved for data transport and data processing.
EVERYTHING that has to do with neural and/or cellular data transmission in ALL Eukaryotic organisms involves microtubules.
There is no "way too much", they do it all just right.
Unfortunately, I do read what you post. It's a task I feel somewhat obliged to do as a moderator. And, sure, sometimes I enjoy responding to what you post. Realistically, though, I've given up on any hope that you'll come to recognise the futile nature of what you're doing here. This obsession of yours with microtubules is a massive time waster. I feel sorry for you that you apparently believe that what you're doing is important or significant, with this stuff. On the other hand, if it gives you a feeling comfort and consistency, I guess that's something of some value.
Unfortunately you do not read the supporting materials I include with all my posts.
It's hard to live when the structural components of your cells are acting up, I can imagine.
And that simple statement shows your ignorance of the subject. So you think that all microtubules do is give structure to cells? Cytoskeleton is all there is?

You may want to look into the transport component of your neurons that make your cells and your brain act up.

In the brain alone, some 100 trillion neural synapses are connected ONLY via microtubules.
You may want to look at this discussion and what Penrose has observed what they do.

Last edited:
Ever wondered about the importance of microtubule polarity?

Microtubule polarity is instructive for many aspects of neuronal polarity
Abstract
Many neurons in bilaterian animals are polarized with functionally distinct axons and dendrites. Microtubule polarity, microtubule stability, and the axon initial segment (AIS) have all been shown to influence polarized transport in neurons. Each of these cytoskeletal cues could act independently to control axon and dendrite identity, or there could be a hierarchy in which one acts upstream of the others.
Here we test the hypothesis that microtubule polarity acts as a master regulator of neuronal polarity by using a Drosophila genetic background in which some dendrites have normal minus-end-out microtubule polarity and others have the axonal plus-end-out polarity.
In these mosaic dendrite arbors, we found that ribosomes, which are more abundant in dendrites than axons, are reduced from plus-end-out dendrites, while an axonal cargo was increased. In addition, we determined that microtubule stability was different in plus-end-out and minus-end-out dendrites, with plus-end-out ones having more stable microtubules like axons. Similarly, we found that ectopic diffusion barriers, like those at the AIS, formed at the base of dendrites with plus-end-out regions. Thus, changes in microtubule polarity were sufficient to rearrange other cytoskeletal features associated with neuronal polarization.
However, overall neuron shape was maintained with only subtle changes in branching in mosaic arbors. We conclude that microtubule polarity can act upstream of many aspects of intracellular neuronal polarization, but shape is relatively resilient to changes in microtubule polarity in vivo.
upload_2024-5-2_11-8-35.png

more........ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9058238/#

Microtubule play a major part in just about every phase of cellular and neural dynamics
More pertinent info can be found here:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6880148/

Last edited:
But I did not claim that information itself is causal. It is causal when the value of the information interacts with the value of other information.
How is the "value of the information" different from "the information"?

Anyhoo, the value of some information can't cause anything either, so you're still stuck with the same error as before.
Reorganization of Microtubules during Mitosis
Where's the data processing?
During mitosis, microtubules transport genetic data to the daughter cell.
Like a pipe transports water?

Is a pipe a data processor? Do water pipes do computations?
Interesting that microtubules are critical components for "data processing" and "consciousness".
I asked you to give me an example of a microtubule processing data. You failed to come up with one.
I am posting the areas where microtubules are actively involved for data transport and data processing
Are you sure that's what you're doing? You're yet to give me a single example of data processing by a microtubule. It's now been years since I first asked you to do that.
Unfortunately you do not read the supporting materials I include with all my posts.
They seldom have any relevance to the claims you make.

In the ordinary course of things, a poster here will quote things that support the arguments he wants to make. If you're telling me there is some relevant or explanatory content in your "supporting materials" which you haven't quoted, that's your fault, not mine. You should post the stuff that's relevant, the stuff that supports your claims, not the irrelevant parts.
And that simple statement shows your ignorance of the subject. So you think that all microtubules do is give structure to cells? Cytoskeleton is all there is?
In the absence of any demonstration of "data processing" or "computation", yes. That's all I think microtubules do. But I'm open minded. If you can show me data processing or computation, I'll happily change my mind.
You may want to look into the transport component of your neurons that make your cells and your brain act up.
Fortunately, you've done all of the relevant reading so that I don't have to. You can just summarise what you have learned, for me. Give me the juicy stuff. I don't need all the boring bits. I'm not that interested. This is your pet project, not mine.
In the brain alone, some 100 trillion neural synapses are connected ONLY via microtubules.
Like water reservoirs and the taps in your house are connected ONLY by water pipes?
You may want to look at this discussion and what Penrose has observed what they do.
No thanks.
Ever wondered about the importance of microtubule polarity?
No. Why is it important? Please describe in your own words.

BTW, there has been nothing about cures for cancer in this thread since post #1.

It looks like this has turned into just another random journey through Write4U's meandering thoughts about how microtubules really are the bees knees.

Time to close, then?

Is a pipe a data processor? Do water pipes do computations?
Check out the difference between laminar flow and turbulent flow, depending on the several properties of the system such as pipe diameter and water pressure.

The flow behaves in accordance with the mathematics (or if you want to call it the physics) of the entire process. There is computation going on. It's just not human computation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back