Can't You People...

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by pixel, Nov 15, 2004.

1. pixel Registered Senior Member

...create some real bios? It's not that it would affect my acceptance or rejection of your views, but really now -- if I'm semi-hanging out now and then with y'all's brains, I'd like to know a wee bit about what's housing them.

Are you all 13, or what? All American? All male? Can you tell us a tiny bit more than your home town?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

I think my profile is a bit more filled out than other people's profiles. Have a look for yerself.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Oh, I see . . . We're talking about biographies. Never mind about me, mine leaves a lot to the imagination. Literally.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Roman Banned Banned

Create bios, on the internet? We're all here to escape our mundane lives and pretend we're something special.

It would be nice though, wouldn't it, to know everyone's history, so we can know where they're coming from. Or dismiss their opinions because in real life they're losers and so what they think is just a response to sucking.

I'm sure I'm not just speaking for myself here.

8. pixel Registered Senior Member

Roman... If you're smart and funny *here*, you gotta have something going on outside of the virtual realm. I should hope.

Athelwulf, yes, I've seen your cutie profile. Shnausages!

9. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Oh, there really is a Biography section in the user profile... fancy that. And I even filled it out, what's wrong with "Born to die as time passes by"? I never thought anyone would read it anyway.

Of course, it would be possible to write more specific info there.

10. pixel Registered Senior Member

Your bio says:

Wow! I live there too! Toronto, right?

11. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

I live near London, England. I am 32, married with 4 kids, 3 girls under 11 and one boy who is 4.
    I am a software systems analyst / senior programmer / tea maker but I really excel in tea making so I think I am going to forget the diversity and just stick to tea

I live in a small home given the size of my family and so often have to give up my bed to the kids and the missus and I end up sleeping in one of theirs.

I love pistachio nuts. I could eat pistachio nuts until the insides of my guts turn green (which they often do)
    I love writing and playing Soul Calibre II whilst stuffing my face with pistachio nuts. I smoke a little of the green stuff for my back problems and cos its quite relaxing all round.
    I drive a people carrier which often has some horrible R&B in the cd player at the bequest of my 2 eldest girls but when they are not in there I can often be found playing Soundgarden, Linkin Park, Godsmack, Stone Sour, Ozric Tentacles, Faith No More and anything that is not remotely R&B.
    I play lots of pool when I can and I thank you Americans for 9 ball cos its better than the English game by far. Oh and I am a Christian but you knew that

There you go ... something and nothing

peace

c20

p.s. I LOVE flying KITES. Nothing beats flying a kite on a beach. A proper kite, not the crap ones you would buy in wal-mart but one that costs a hundred dollars or so.

12. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

married with kids?!! shite.. and you even dare to say that gays are unnatural.
    That's not even poligamy, not even adultery.. that's something really, really fucked up!

13. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Nah, just the world in general, or Germany in specific, or what is considered the western world.

14. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Hmm, I just tried to write a more extensive biography into my user profile, until I noticed that the space is a bit limited, so, if anyone cares, I will put it here:

Born 4th of July 1984 in Hamm, Germany.
    I went through the highest school form the German school system offers and graduated. Now I am attending the University of Bielefeld and study Linguistics and Literature.
    I am not married or engaged with anyone at the moment. And I like to write texts (I suppose you can see that) and read books. This of course is increasingly boring after some time, so I like to engage in more or less dangerous activities (like cliff diving) to make life more interesting.
    If anyone cares, my favorite kind of music is heavy metal and I really like to visit big metal open airs in summer.
    Oh, and I also like to drink very, very much alcohol, favorites are vodka and whiskey (not that American piss, Irish or Scottish is much better), and when I can be bothered I also take drugs of various kinds/origins.
    I do not belong to any religion, the reason for that would be that I am an atheist.

If you still did not fall asleep, congratulations.

PS: How can a good christian like C20 listen to Godsmack? Somehow, that does not fit...

15. pixel Registered Senior Member

Thanks. I am actually very interested in your bios.

C20... Come on! Gobsmack... Haha! I dunno. Something about you isn't gelling. Or maybe I'm more narrow-minded than I realize. :bugeye:

16. Roman Banned Banned

I'm a senior in highschool, but am in the local private schools Early Honor's program, so my last year of highschool is first year of college.
    All this free time, so hard to handle....
    I have a job at the USGS molecular ecology lab, and just landed freelance for the local paper.
    I too, enjoy a good drink and drugs.
    Hardcore atheist here. I have a problem of explaining everything in terms of ecological response.
    I attend the punk shows in my little burg, but am not very punk. No ripped up shit, or hair, or spikes. Actually, I'm kinda of sporting a pseudo-mullet; very seventies. I just haven't cut my hair for 18 months.
    Hmmm, I want to grow up to be a surf bum in Australia, but my family would never let me.

17. OverTheStars Registered Senior Member

So, basically, the purpose of this thread is to write a short biography of ourselves?

18. Roman Banned Banned

It seems so.

19. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I am a 14 year old from Wisconsin (the cheese state...lollllZZZ!!!!). I am a male in junior high school and hatin it..ya'll know what it is like. My hobbies are skateboarding, drawing Yugioh characters (that show is soooo good) and hanging out with my friends. I found this place about a year ago while searching for info for an assignment on a blackhole and this place became my blackhole lolllllll.

I live with adopted parents (yuppers..i am adopted O_O). my 2 brother. my rabbit trixie. My 2 dogs and my parrot. i wanna move to europe when i grow up but right now i am just wasting my time in wisconson (ewwwwwww).

Hi....nice to meet you guys...i guess it is about time i shared my personal stuff lol...its bee na year. lol

20. Roman Banned Banned

Which came first the, yugioh card or the show? Or was it both?

21. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

The card game..the show only adds to the coolness of it all...

yayyyy Yu-gi-oh.

22. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

. . .

Sargentlard . . . Are ya seriously only 14?! I thought ya were much older . . . judging from that avatar, which ya've admitted once is a pic of ya.

23. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I know he's atleast 18/19 and I agree with him on his stance about this thread.