Carcano's Dating Tips for Girls!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Carcano, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Ah, Ontario! Nice to see a fellow Ontarian!

In my district it is 4-8 and the option to continue 9-12. People think gifted kids are nerds...it is simply not true! My school is a gifted/arts school and we dominate AAAA and Tier 1 sports.

BTW, since I assume you guys live in Canada, here is another piece of advice. Assuming she is looking for blue-chip athletes that are intelligent, she got to join sports teams or go to sporting events to support her school's team. Allow me to explain:

Most blue-chip football players (and athlete in general) that seriously want to play collegiate sports are usually pretty intelligent and have good grades, because of the intercollegiate sports system in Canada, regarding scholarships (IIRC, Ontario universities only pay for room and board) and academic requirements (same as everyone else in the university), and the big names in CIS (intercollegiate sports in Canada) are the big academic schools such as McMaster and Western.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. keith1 Guest

A healthy 16 year old seems sometimes 12 and sometimes 20.

If she is actually a "Carcano", then she comes from good old Italian mountain (Alps) stock. The Carcano family has been in that location longer than the Roman Empire has been in Rome. That family is old enough that you might find their cave on the satellite photos. Let her explore her "mountain child". She's in good hands.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Carcano Valued Senior Member

I'm sure its happened...guys phone her, and sometimes they just show up on the doorstep...in the back yard.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I usually clear out of the room and go upstairs when she has friends over.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Carcano Valued Senior Member

My dad went to McMaster...a thousand centuries ago. Team sports have seldom interested anybody in my family, but she is very good at gymnastics.

I think gymnasts are probably the most physically fit of all athletes...combining both strength, flexibility and balance.

8. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Thanks for the historical note, but we're not Carcanos.

I liked the name after seeing Emilio Carcano's work...the great Italian interior designer.

9. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

10. Bells Staff Member

Now now, everyone who buys a stud has to check it's teeth, coat and hooves..

Because ideological hatred is so much better..

11. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Perhaps this fancy for eugenics and Nazism is a phase she is going through, perhaps as a less or more unconscious effort to cope with her difficult family situation and loss of mother.

So to challenge this fancy would be to challenge her efforts to cope with her difficult family situation and loss of mother.
    A challenge she will understandably resent and fight against.

Perhaps at some point, it would be good for her to see American History X. Perhaps not yet.
    Whether she is Neo-Nazi or a traditional one, society doesn't care and she will be perceived in the same negative manner and ostracized, which will have severe consequences for her and her (new) family.

It seems that what she really longs for is an orderly, meaningful life, hope for the future, a sense that her life means something and is going somewhere good.

Typically, cults and extremist movements focus on these things. Despite the sometimes horrible external trappings.

On the whole, I think she may have quite a bit of healing and growing to do, and this might not be easy for anyone involved.

12. Cavalier Knight of the Opinion Registered Senior Member

If that's the case, and if her current strategy of waiting for the perfect boy is leaving her unsatisfied, then the only sensible thing for her to do is change her strategy and see if the new one works better than simply demanding perfection.

I would suggest she stop looking for reasons to reject the offers she receives and start looking at the reasons to accept them. The principal one should be, "If she hung out with the Boy A, does she think she'd find the night more interesting than the alternatives (which would include staying home or hanging out some other boy who has an interest)?"

If she'd rational about it, she should realize that the Pill undermined women's bargaining power in the economics of marriage. So, while being extremely choosy was a good strategy for a woman pre-Pill, that was 50 years ago. These days (though there are reasons to suspect shifts in bargaining power on both sides since the 60s), my experience as an observer is that very choosy women often wind up alone. Women who are flexible do better.

The point should be to have a good time for a single evening, not to find a long term relationship per se. Most likely she'll have to go out on a number of dates (or hang out with a number of guys, as so many kids don't
    date" anymore, but hang out in groups) before she finds a boy who is engaging enough to consider a long term relationship (and who likes her enough to do the same).

In this way she'll learn (as I think we all do over time) that many of the "deal breakers" she thinks she has aren't as important as she once thought, and a few qualities that she previously overlooked are actually quite welcome.

Some things are (or should be) deal breakers, like finding a guy who treats her poorly. Other things, like posture, really should not be on the deal breaker list, for anyone who's reasonably serious. Good posture might be on the "nice to have" list, but that is pretty trivial as a deal breaker.

Dating will allow her to get a more realistic assessment of what is or is not truly important to her.

That may help her to avoid the trap too many women I know feel they fell into: passing over many great, but not perfect, guys then later discovering that there are no perfect guys only after all the great guys were taken. The goal should be to find someone who makes you happy, and any guy who meets that criterion should be turned away with caution.

For more on the Game Theory of marriage, there was a good piece by Tim Harford (excerpts of which can be found in Slate), who notes, for example,

13. Carcano Valued Senior Member

This is a very good point Wynn...you are the first person to raise it.

Her older sister who is already at college and no longer living with us is far more practical and less idealistic. She was more mature when her mother (my sister) died and adjusted very quickly. I would say that her younger sister has a deeper sense of wanting to BELONG somewhere...and she looks back into history to find that place.

She identifies very strongly with Unity Mitford...a somewhat tragic character who left her place among the English aristocracy to find a spiritual home in Nazi Germany.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unity_Mitford

14. Carcano Valued Senior Member

We have to remember that our whole legal system is based on kidnapping people and locking them up in a building (called prison) for ideological reasons.

If the reasons are truly ideological then its not really HATRED...is it?

15. Carcano Valued Senior Member

The boys she has spent time with were never turned off by her political views...probably because she doesnt bring the subject up.

I have to go by her own testimony here (which may not be the whole truth) but some of them have been turned off by her 'overly scientific' talk of sexuality. She is a somewhat fanatical follower of Wilhelm Reich's writings on the subject...and yes, it does sound pretty damn tedious.

Strangely enough, she finds no contradiction between her Nazi angle and Reich's views on 'The Mass Psychology of Fascism'.

This is the title of a book he wrote in 1933.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Reich

16. sifreak21 Valued Senior Member

haha well first tell her to stop generalizing.. for myself i was in every sport besides basketball. and wasnt bad at them. in the same note i LOVE science technology and have NEVER drank in my life.

let me ask you this.. how do they dress? do the wear the standard SUPER short shorts and low cut shirts to show there boobs off? if so thats the problem if you dress sluttly you attract guys who just want sex and or to be physical.

17. sifreak21 Valued Senior Member

one tip is at 17 99% of males couldnt care less about politics. they are still in highschool. sounds like she needs to tone it down a bit or look at the "nerdy" crowd ORR college

18. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Perhaps raise this concern with the sister, and arrange for them to spend more time together.
    Ask the sister for help.

19. Carcano Valued Senior Member

The older sister gets all glassy eyed when talking to the younger one...she tunes out.

20. Carcano Valued Senior Member

The problem with the communist party in 1930s Germany is that they gave the people nothing to dream on...they presented a purely quantitative vision, as opposed to a qualitative one.

By quantitative I mean values that can only be measured with numbers.
    By adjusting the numbers so that everyone has an equal quantity of goods and services Communism added up to little more than a system of economic accounting.

There was nothing to touch the human psyche...no UNIO MYSTICA!

The mystical union stands at the heart of most successful religious and political cultures.

The communist party leaders would merely get up and make a timid sterile speech about the government's budget....while Hitler's impassioned words made the people feel as if they were on the crest of a great wave.

21. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Are there any other relatives or family friends you could involve?
    Basically just to spend time together, not specifically to talk about this or that particular problem.

I'm not sure what else to do here. Confronting her on her Nazi tendencies, or trying to force her to open up and talk about the loss she experiences, is, IMO, most likely just going to backfire. Whether you try to do it yourself, or whether you arrange a psychological counselor.

Perhaps you yourself should visit a counselor and ask for some advice. I mean, as you've seen, Sciforums is a rather cynical bunch at times.

Another thing I can think of is to encourage her to be productive.
    Peparation for college - anything from academic skills and credentials to practical skills such as cooking (if she doesn't cook yet) and managing finances.
    A part time job, an internship.
    Preparation for job interviews - such as by reading some books on this subject. Amazon has numerous books on this. It's an important issue, one has to get ready for the kinds of questions one is likely going to be asked in a job interview. And questions about political and religious orientation can be brought up in a job interview, even if they are illegal. They are something to be ready for.

Lastly, esp. if previously, she had a tv and a dvd player, you might consider getting a set.
    Having the opportunity to watch a wide variety of films can be a good trigger for personal reflection and change, and also growth. Or just some downtime the way the majorty of the population has.

22. Balerion Banned Banned

It's really not.

Which is why she has taken a shine to eugenics, right? And the Hitler Youth, which trained girls how to be positively wonderful homemakers for their masters--I mean husbands! Sorry.

23. Carcano Valued Senior Member

The counsellor would be eaten alive. Most psychologists are very ordinary people without any meaningful ideals, simply getting dragged along with the rest of society.

I would say approx half of sciforums is predominantly cynical. These people mope around in circles all day saying "whats the use...whats the point" and frankly I dont blame them.

The reason cynicism is the great sign of the times is because people have no power over anything. Your economy is completely dependant on external forces, you have very little control over your own government, and your government has complete control over you.

You dont even own your body. If you consume a substance the government doesnt like they can actually break down your door, kidnap you, and lock your body up in a building called prison. In my country you are not even allowed to kill yourself. :bugeye:

Think you own your home? Try not paying the property taxes and you will find out soon enough who really owns it.

Your dont even own your money...it has no intrinsic value whatsoever, and only has buying power because the government says it does.

Theres not much you can do really, except sit like a mouse in front of the TV...nibbling on a cheese doodle.

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2012/04/19/unplugging-americans-from-the-matrix/

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012