Carl Sagan on UFOs as "legitimate religion"

LOL! UFO's, ghosts, vampires, reincarnated twins, the Counsel of Nine, and hairy hands causing car accidents? Skeptics believe in these things? Since when?

Oh you want REAL unexplained things

Look for anything at the cutting edge of science

Gravity

Big Bang

Dark Matter

Dark Energy

Different temperatures on the Sun

Why polar bears are left handed and most humans are right handed

Still not clear why sleep is required

Yawning not really explained nor why it appears to be catching

Evolution took sea animals onto land but unknown why some returned

Why light has its particular speed? Why not a few hundred klms slower or faster?

:)

Oh you want REAL unexplained things

You're the one claiming there's a gazillion unexplained phenomena. Don't blame me if you fucked up and posted the wrong shit.

Look for anything at the cutting edge of science

Gravity

Big Bang

Dark Matter

Dark Energy

Different temperatures on the Sun

Why polar bears are left handed and most humans are right handed

Still not clear why sleep is required

Yawning not really explained nor why it appears to be catching

Evolution took sea animals onto land but unknown why some returned

Why light has its particular speed? Why not a few hundred klms slower or faster?

Wrong. All the phenomena you list has scientific explanations. You're ignorance of them not withstanding. So much for your claim.

And FYI---

"False Fact: Polar Bears are left handed

Where this myth came from is now lost in the dark recesses of history. The widespread of this misnomer is quite extraordinary with more google results announcing it as gospel than not. But in reality, scientists who have spent their working lives studying polar bears have found that they are actually ambidextrous (they use both hands equally well). It is possible that the myth was started when people observed the bears working well with their left hands, but they neglected to notice that they also worked well with their right."

http://listverse.com/2009/02/04/top-10-fascinating-facts-that-are-wrong/

As for yawning...there's this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...ooling-our-brains-say-scientists-9356468.html

Last edited:
You're the one claiming there's a gazillion unexplained phenomena. Don't blame me if you fucked up and posted the wrong shit.

Wrong. All the phenomena you list has scientific explanations. You're ignorance of them not withstanding. So much for your claim.

Not really MR .

In 1962 , Carl Sagan came out with a peer reviewed paper on ET. Funded by NASA at the time . It was surppressed .

It was scientifically based . And Through .

Carl and then ,NASA , understood the implications , hence , the " silence " of his paper .

Sometimes things happen for a reason .

Wrong. All the phenomena you list has scientific explanations.

So you don't understand hyperbole

OK I can live with that

Why light has its particular speed?

Why not a few hundred klms slower or faster?

Care to explain to Scientist why this is so?

So you don't understand hyperbole

OK I can live with that

Why light has its particular speed?

Why not a few hundred klms slower or faster?

Care to explain to Scientist why this is so?

That light has a constant speed doesn't make it an unexplained phenomenon. I suppose one could ask why to many things to make them appear mysterious. Why up to eight electrons in the 2nd shell? Why does water boil at 212 degrees F? Why do objects fall at 32 ft per second per second? Science is in the business of answering hows not whys.

Last edited:
That light has a constant speed doesn't make it an unexplained phenomenon. I suppose one could ask why to many things to make them appear mysterious. Why up to eight electrons in the 2nd shell? Why does water boil at 212 degrees F? Why do objects fall at 32 ft per second per second?

Science is in the business of answering hows not whys.

True enough

Intelligent Life in the Universe

Carl Sagan, Iosif Shklovsky

I own a first edition of this but have not read it yet...

Back