christians v. the rest-come in and get ya ass kicked

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by firingseeds, May 22, 2003.

1. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

ask yaself, poet; what is your problem?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CHRISCUNNINGHAM The Ethereal Paradigm Registered Senior Member

Grimreaper, sorry for the misunderstanding it wasn't directed at you, I meant to clarify that but I didn't have the time. I thought you would may understand who I was referring to. I meant the Dr Lounatics spiel.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. But it is quite abhorrent to say such silly things as he did, and the others to join in the God bashing. QUITE.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. grimreaper Registered Senior Member

GOD CREATED IT AND I LOVE IT.

Man has created nothing he has only been enlightened enough by god to use it.

I've yet met a single person who did any thing great that said they set out to do it. inspired,had a vision,.......

with respect

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

wes

yes, wes,
    true, that statement did come from the bible. where else? now read my lips, "only the truth will set u free."
    other statements come to light that have only been produced thru the bible, (at first oral, now written). in the beginning god created the heaven and the earth. totally original. we have heard these things so many times we forget just how original they are. how could human thought tell us, in the beginning god created the heaven and the earth....and god said let there be light, and soforth.
    god is a very great god. and the beauty of god is that he climbs down to our level.

8. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

support grim 100%

9. CHRISCUNNINGHAM The Ethereal Paradigm Registered Senior Member

Firingseeds...

It is not the mathematics I am putting down, it is the people who have faith in the unequivocal correctness.

For any contradiction, and problem one could find in the belief in God, and the bible(which is irrelevent in the refuation of a God anyhow) I can find two in math, logic, and science that are two times as detrimental to atheisms validity.

That is what is so irksome, they "disprove" without proof.

This is wrong coming from either side.

10. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Re: wes

Well, it's good that there are smart people like you around to keep the rest of us idiots in line! Man, without your valuable input, I'd be walking through my life in a daze, but now.. with firingseeds I'm suddenly ensmartened.

Thanks, but you're insane.

It's okay though because you'll almost certainly stay that way. LOL Have fun with all your uhm.. god stuff? Right.. you go!

11. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

chris

yeah, hi, chris,
    i knew what ya meant, i was just being a little cheeky, and, perhaps, showing my support to those institutions, as well. i meAN, i really enjoy all this modern day stuff. who knows how far the sciences will take us? to the other ends of the galaxies? my preferred place is a little farm with a brook, tucked away in heaven somewhere, even off the beaten track. who knows?

12. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

wes

thanks. nice meeting ya. you're fun, too.
    cheers

enjoyed your read very much; and your sense of humour.
    hahahah...gong!

13. candyland Registered Member

Hi people

I'm new here. I read your posts and it's really interesting and funny, you guys are an entertaining bunch of pickles.

So, i'll post later!

:bugeye:

14. doom Registered Senior Member

Ok now the other day i noticed a cookie missing from the cookie jar,
    i decided that the only explanation for the missing cookie was that a cookie monster exists and ate it.

Proove me wrong!

Same with tooth fairy,or anything you invent in the mind.

Its odd,as soon as you have invented it as an explanation its difficult to shift by saying "prove me wrong",you get prove it dont exist,prove it does,on and on and on.

Nobody can prove you wrong,thats the amazing thing,people can say "hey thats obsurd" "might be another explanation"
    but no matter what i invent as a fictional thing you cannot say it exists or it doesnt.

What you must do is cancel it out,cos if god is like my hypothetical cookie monster weve got a problem,its only unprovable cos its imaginary.

God is in the minds of the believers!

15. revbill2001 Registered Senior Member

Yes doom, god is in the mind of the believers, and I wouldn't have a problem with that except.... most of the "good christians" I've met seem to think that they are so much better than anyone else. They seem to have lost track of what their bible teaches, such as love thy neighbor, do unto others as you would want them to do unto you, it is eisier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven. Most of the assholes I've met seem to think that the one who dies with the most toys wins. That philosophy is ok for the rest of us but the "christions need to spend more time reading their bible and less time looking down their noses at the rest of us heathens.

16. grimreaper Registered Senior Member

God is in the minds of the believers!

God is in the minds of the UN-believers!
    The one thing you should see is if you try to prove any thing wrong then you must contemplate it. For a moment in time God must exist in your mind as a reality.

I believe that God dose in fact exist. I have many reasons for this belief they range from unexplained natural phenomena to the fact that every existing civilization has recorded his presence even though they have used their own names and words to do so.

with respect

17. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

doom

yeah, nice.
    the only thing i would like to add to this is the fact that god is outside of self. i had nothing so that was easy enough for me.
    tho i'm not the smartest dude around, i have managed to keep my independence.

Last edited: May 23, 2003
  18. LIGHTBEING Registered Senior Member

Yes, Faith produces joy. Believers would not choose to believe if it didn't. But what exacly does this have to do with my post? I simply said agruing Faith is pointless. One thing may make you happy doesn't mean that it will/can make everyone happy. It could actually make one sad or mad.....the opposite of happy. Hence it is pointless.

19. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

I had a friend tell me he bumped into a zombie from connecticut, I sought to question and even interrogate him about the matter. he may have been telling the truth, he may have not. Not an any point did this zombie from connecticut exist in my mind as a reality.

Natural phenomena? Be careful how you word things or people might start thinking you have belief in the real world. re-word it....... call it: "God made phenomena".

Not to mention in every single culture god speaks in plurals. Does that mean there are many gods? From the bible to the old texts of the Incas- there is always more than one god. This openly suggests there are/were more than one god. Yet of course your belief is based on what someone else tells you. You accept their version of events and done with it. Are you absolutely sure the guy who told you knows the facts?

I urge you to look the word up on dictionary.com.

many things produce 'joy' and it differs from person to person. As an example i experienced a moment of unparalleled joy at an Eagles concert. Ever since, all i have to do is listen to an Eagles song and i experience true joy. Joy is not a sign of god.

Of course. Faith has no need to support its claims.

very true. Most of us are individuals.

20. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

each of us has spirit. some of us are more aware of this fact than others. some use this to their own personal advantage, for good, for usury, for financial reward etc. while others preach the kingdom of god, buddha etc. it matters not that many of us can't realize this fact in the flesh, because our own god-given spirit can recognize the common good of most things. many are lost souls, but if the garden is watered, the flower has a chance to grow.
    the ulimate experience is the gospel of jesus christ, but it is also the hardest to grasp, or accept. why?
    the world is an illusion, barely an image. this appears to be the biggest stumbling block to the flesh to realize and overcome. it doesn't matter in the end, because, as i've stated, each of us has spirit, regardless of what the flesh can envisage.
    cheers
    just be yaself.

21. doom Registered Senior Member

Things are imaginary when postulated as an explanation just for a lack of a better one thereof,or inability to think in a different way.

Things are imaginary when invented from the mind with no logical or direct evidence.

In other words,and words you should be able to understand:
    we cancel the imaginary(like god) out untill either proof can be seen or its the only concievable explanation,judging by physics id say its not the only possible explanation meaning there could be all sorts of things imaginary or otherwise.

Theorys are not strictly imaginary,for they are based on principles and mathmatics that could show something as true.

Now GOD is actually a theory,but also imaginary,not based on anything within physics,maths,cos its often said "well he/she/it created all that",thats a theory,but god itself is imaginary and only in your mind.

Like santa clause was the theory as to how presents arrive under the tree,you later learn that it was just your parents had bought them and placed them under the tree,santa claus is also imaginary for the period the children believe in him.

22. firingseeds Registered Senior Member

doom

imaginery or not, if it works, enjoy. i'll read ya post a couple more times
    cheers

which reminds me of this bible tale: paul was telling these people about god, the father of jesus. they had statues of numerous gods all around the place. paul says, see that statue of the unknown god, then use that one. hahahah
    cheers

23. doom Registered Senior Member

What i dont understand is why atheists still tell there kids santa exists,
    what the fucks that all about?

How can you argue religion and people's beliefs while pumping your kids full of the same shit.