Corona Virus 2019-nCoV

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Quantum Quack, Jan 29, 2020.

1. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

Health authorities in Australia have been heavily criticised in an official inquiry into the Ruby (pig face)Princess cruise ship coronavirus outbreak.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-53776285

"are you feeling well enough to get off the ship & go a-shore? ..."
    YES! YES! YES! YES!

"who was feeling unwell [and just knew there was something wrong so were right all along and to begin with]when they didn't officially know they had corona-virus" ?

US! us! US! us! .. we did! WE DID! we did! ... do we get the money now ?

a great deal of filtering of "the bullshit" will be required to get to the real data

?
    huh !
    what do those on holiday do once a global pandemic is about to be announced and they have been told they may be held in quarantine away from their homes ?
    probably head straight home and sit in their house for a few days
    more so the age range and social contacts and behavioral cycles immediately after an anxiety fast paced rush to the end of their supposed wind down holiday.

the behavioral difference between the cruise ship passengers and the Florida teenagers partying to spread covid_19 is quite an interesting comparison

the cruise line passengers will be much more acclimatized to follow instruction for basic safety behaviours.

What are the findings?
    (ive got a great big finding in my pants)[i am not mocking the writer or the govt i am mocking the perceptual readers interpretation of the urbanised comprehension of word association which detracts and avoids the reality that there are dead people being talked about & that those actions by people being reviewed have caused people to die]

• new guidelines issued on 10 March
    • A directive on 17 March meant all ship passengers disembarking after arriving from another country should have isolated themselves for 14 days once on land.
    • docked on 19 March
    what was customs doing at the port if they were not being told what laws they are supposed to be enforcing ?
    (celebrity meet n greet to look like they are doing something?)

(is it going to be one of those "we were waiting for the new logo letter head stationary to arrive before we were allowed to do the paper work" storys)
    (was there a right wing liberal political abandonment policy undercurrent being actively run to avoid compliance as a vote winning manipulation tool to win media of the event ?[or just extensively poor management that undermined the organizations independence & operational effectiveness])

the meat in the sandwich
    Medical Doctors ? or a group of Ego maniac politicians ?
    and ... is this a right wing attempt to wipe out opposition in an authority position to power grab the health panel ?(an attempted political take-over[power grab anti science] of a scientific authority control{or a defunct old stale yesterdays cronie brigade playing back in the good ol days keep paying my gin money})

i suspect the captain was ordered to dump n run as quickly as possible
    and that level of authority needs to be held accountable for its need for compliance to public safety because the people are not in it for the charity work

they are purely there to make money

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

Social distancing for the camera & parents
    lol
    imagine 1 child with covid_19 in the hall sneezes, they would infect the hair of around 5 to 8 children
    then around 25% of those children would touch their hair and stick it in their mouth
    hair may be an ideal incubation environment to carry the live virus home with them at the end of the day
    maybe more soo medium short hair which has equal heat band heating & wind resistant margins.
    etc etc etc
    only around 5% are wearing masks to prevent cough & sneeze transmission which seems surprising
    (do they[the school] force them to wear underwear even if its uncomfortable?)

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-u...rgia-school-district-in-viral-photo-speak-out

watching the video
    the boy who called his father to come and pick him up on the 1st day of
    bat-shit-crazy-school
    season 1
    episode 1
    terrible ache
    suspicion he may have genetic allergy to a food type protein(like a gluten allergy)
    how do you normalize skin care routines for teenagers ?
    has the clock gone backwards for boys ?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    P.S(post note)

[im reading on who & what the expert panel is, it looks like they are an advisory science group who are not legally allowed to make policy and pass on advice to the political leadership authority's]
    i am guessing the cruise line was partially gaming the customs & advisers to get rid of the passengers as quickly as legally forcible
    The govt was probably partially gaming the cruise line and the customs & the public to avoid being the one to cry wolf
    now they are playing the blame game

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

BBC journalist Pia Harold made a video diary as her family had to cut short their holiday

great video ! perfect editing(home movie Gold)
    slightly concerned about the walking around large trucks where machines could be moving in-between or under or sliding
    but if there is no risk its not really a proper adventure

8. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

Playing off the stupidity of the left is entertaining and smart politics. I'm sure the joke does wear thin, for those who consider themselves the butt of the joke.
    Have you noticed all the Democrat-run cities going to crap? Don't think that goes unnoticed by voters living there, while Democrat politicians refuse to let the police keep order and protect their businesses.

Since when does "ubiquity... in all media and entertainment" mean "all media and entertainment"? Vocabulary lesson:
    ubiquity - the fact of appearing everywhere or of being very common.​

Yes, there is conservative/right media, but it is vastly overwhelmed by leftist media and domination of entertainment. One prominent US network compared to almost all the rest, plus leftist agendas promulgated in every form of entertainment. IOW, unless you live like the Amish, you can't avoid leftist messaging, whereas you have to intentionally seek out right-leaning sources.

But go ahead, test it for yourself. How often do you come across right-leaning messaging, just by accident, like the front-loaded results of any Google search or just channel surfing?

Who said anything about the "far right"? Do you think those are the only people who meme, or are good at it? Either seems a greater indictment of you than the right in general.

That you would characterize memes as any kind of "answers" would only seem to verify your lacking humor. Here's a news flash, memes aren't answers, they're jokes/jibes.

9. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

10. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

candy likes this.
  11. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

"HAD" not has
    the moment they "have" shit gets real(big things may shift with currency values or trade agreements)
    maybe other countries will simply choose to look the other way as it is globally convenient

going postal
    post hate snail donkey mail
    mail bollix

in us society there is only 2 classes of people
    winners
    losers

it is a social issue they have grappled with fairly unsuccessfully for some decades
    it is a very prejudicial cultural indoctrination authoritarian rule

hyper nationalism & a few other things send it in the opposite direction

12. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/14/health/covid-19-3-month-immunity-wellness/index.html
    Are you immune to Covid-19 for three months after recovering? It's not clear
    Doctors baffled by Covid-19 'long hauler' patients

"i was scared to go to sleep in-case i stopped breathing"

(personal opinion)
    that is a PTSD causing thing
    the psychological trauma caused while in a state of near death etc
    psycho-rehabilitative-combined physical-therapy would seem logical & obvious
    more so for someone whom is engaged in pushing themselves in various sports whom is constantly re-mapping their critical level body functions and psychological programming

low stress semi long term rehabilitation i should expect slowly managing the cardio system to re program its self with the limbic stuff etc(avoiding too much technical info)
    just musing

13. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

14. billvon Valued Senior Member

"Dropping usage" <> "dying."

The USPS is a service called out in the US Constitution. It's easy to manage. And if people move towards online delivery, great; less load on the Post Office, so it can do its more critical job of delivering checks to retirees, allowing voting by mail, delivering official notifications and the like. Under Obama it was doing that job just fine.

Trump recently appointed a Trump loyalist to the position of Postmaster General, who has been trying to kill it. Trump has admitted that the reason he's doing this is to suppress the primarily Democratic mail in vote.

15. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

Without extra funding to keep it afloat, it certainly does mean it'd dying.

The problem is that, while delivery locations have been steadily increasing over the years (requiring more routes, vehicles, carriers, etc.), usage (self-sustained funding) has been dropping precipitously since around 2007. That's a rapidly increasing shortfall, and no, only pure ignorance would lead anyone to think it was doing fine under Obama.

No, Trump's not trying to kill it to suppress mail-in ballots. He just doesn't want to keep bailing out a sinking ship for the high fraudulence risk and voter disenfranchisement, which is why Democrats want it so bad. Hell, the Dem House relief bill even demands arduous requirements of any state that requires signature verification for ballots to be counted. https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/6800/text

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

All of them, eh?

How many Democrat-run cities are there in America? How many of them are going to crap? I'm sure you have the statistics at hand.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

That's a bad habit you have there of making rash generalisations. First with the "all media has a leftist bias" thing, then with the "all leftists are stupid" thing, now with the "all Democrat cities are going to crap". You don't actually believe all that, do you?

You give no specifics, so it's hard to comment on your claims.

You weren't saying that leftist bias is everywhere in the media, then? Okay. Glad we cleared that up.

Oh, but wait...

It's strange. On the one hand you keep complaining that "the left" has no sense of humour. But you're spending most of your time in grumpy old man mode, whining about how the media doesn't reflect your conservative views as much as you'd like it to.

Maybe you need to realise that entertainers tend to be progressives more often than conservatives. It's not a universal rule, but it tends to go along with the nature of their careers, the fact that they care about other people, that kind of thing. Maybe you should lighten up and try to view entertainment as, well, entertainment, rather than as another platform for political messaging.

I think I did. Reading back, I'm fairly sure I wrote "far right" when I was talking about the far right. Was it hard for you to follow?

To answer your question, no I don't think that. I think you might have missed my point. I was explaining to you why the far right like using memes. Do you have anything to say about that? Do you agree with me?

More interesting to me, maybe, are questions like: what are your criteria for a "good meme"? Is a good meme one that agrees with your personal politics?

Lighten up, Vociferous! Rather than complaining that other people have no sense of humour, maybe try to develop one yourself.

You "indict" me because I apparently think that only far right people post memes. Ooh err! What a crime I committed (if I committed it)! Surely I should be strung from the rafters for such a crime! Or - just as bad - I apparently think that only far right memers are good at it. I'm oppressing the excellent leftist memers and the skillful moderate right memers! Oh no! Send me before a judge!

Now I'm wondering whether you understand the intent behind memes at all. Are you sure you're the expert on humour that you think you are?

Gee, thanks, Vociferous. I never would have worked it out without your help. You're really smart.

17. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

In the past 10 years, how many prosecuted cases of mail-in voter fraud have there been in the United States?

Hint: It's less than 100 votes. You can look it up if you want to.

18. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

vaccine
    will sell at reasonable profit

profit before people

19. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

Grammar lesson time:
    The presence of the definite article "the" indicates specific instances, whereas merely saying "all", without the definite article, would be your naively presumed "all of them".

IOW, there's a significant difference between "all the Democrat-run cities going to crap" and "all Democrat-run cities going to crap". Namely, that the "all" in the former only applies to "the" group of "Democrat-run cities going to crap".

All with no article
    When all refers to a whole class of people or things, we don’t use the:

All children love stories. (i.e. every child in the world)

Not: All the children love stories.​

We don’t use the with time expressions such as all day, all night, week, all year, all summer:

I spent all day looking for my car keys.

The party went on all night and some of the neighbours complained.
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/grammar/british-grammar/all

Maybe they don't teach that in Australia. You're welcome.

As just noted, the only bad habit here is your failing apprehension of grammar.
    Again, "the ubiquity of leftist/Democrat bias in all media" uses the definite article to denote the group of ubiquitous (very common) "left/Democrat bias" within the larger group of "all media", in general.

Even aside from your grasp of grammar, the sheer number of words you have to discount or ignore as, what, completely superfluous to the sentence, makes me suspect strongly motivated reason. Changing "the ubiquity of leftist/Democrat bias in all media" to your "leftist/Democrat bias in all media" is an atrocious butchering of simple English.

And I said "Playing off the stupidity of the left", not "all leftists are stupid". Again, the same problem with your grasp of grammar. Hell, there's not even an "all" there. So you just arbitrarily add and subtract words.

I could have sworn you were better than this. So much so that it makes me wonder if you aren't intentionally trolling. And I'm torn, as I don't which would be the most charitable take on it. So if you tell me you're not trolling, I'll believe you.

That's just because you can't be bothered to look for yourself. Here, I Googled "mayor tells police to stand down", and here's the first 4 unique instances:
    LMPD officers say they’re being told to stand down during protests
    “When the vandalism began, front-line officers were given an order of ‘Stand down from the mayor, stand down from the mayor.’"
    https://www.wave3.com/2020/06/16/lmpd-officers-say-theyre-being-told-stand-down-during-protests/

Minneapolis Mayor Defends Stand-Down Order As Rioters Burn Police Precinct
    A reporter pressed the mayor, asking him “what's the plan here? What are we doing? Here in the streets, a lot of businesses have been burned down, a lot of livelihoods have been hurt, we've seen very little police out there just in general, at the 3rd and throughout and I'm just wondering what's the plan and who's in charge in this city."

He first excused the rioting & looting, saying "there is a lot pain and anger right now in our city, I understand that our entire city recognizes that." Then after thinking about it, he added “what we have seen over the past several hours and the past couple of nights in terms of looting is unacceptable. Our communities cannot and will not tolerate it."
    https://ktrh.iheart.com/featured/mi...d-down-order-as-rioters-burn-police-precinct/

911 dispatcher disputes city's claim of no 'stand down' policy
    Calls to 911 reveal drivers saying they were surrounded by protesters in downtown Columbus, and they felt threatened.
    In one call, a dispatcher tells the caller, “we were told by our mayor to stand down.”
    https://abc6onyourside.com/news/loc...es-citys-claim-of-officers-told-to-stand-down

Cops told to stand down as Madison burned
    While downtown Madison was being destroyed by rioters, looters and anarchists last week, cops on the front lines were ordered to “release the criminals” by pandering police and political leaders, front line officers say.
    https://empowerwisconsin.org/cops-told-to-stand-down-while-madison-burned/
    This has also happened in NYC, Chicago, Seattle, etc..

You're projecting. You say, "but wait", yet you never get around to presenting any alternative. Only some sad attempt at poisoning the well, as far as I can tell.
    I've never said nor lamented the media not reflecting my views, though I can see why you might, if the roles were reversed. I accept the fact that the majority of media does not share my views, as that is evidence that I cannot, in all practicality, live in a wholly right-wing bubble, in contrast with the left. I see that as an asset. It means that even the most insular on the right, shy of the Amish, cannot be complete ignorant of leftist views either.

Yep, there is no conspiracy. Just the natural tendency for people who seek attention (care about receiving the attention of others) to be leftists. Pretty much part and parcel with virtue-signalling. Enjoying entertainment is not mutually exclusive with being able to recognize biased messaging. Why, would it be for you? Do you have problems enjoying entertainers who are outspoken opponents to your own views?
    Personally, I don't care what dancing monkeys think. Their personal views are immaterial to them entertaining me.

So just a complete non sequitur. Okay.

I don't give a crap about the far right. Maybe you should start a new thread about your musings on that.

Good memes are funny. But yes, people of different political persuasions do tend to find different things funny.

Just trying to make sense of a complete non sequitur. At least, I usually think it's charitable to assume people have reasons for bring up things. Maybe I should have asked, but the subsequent discussion has proven no more enlightening.

Never claimed to be.

20. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

There doesn't have to be intentional fraud for voters to be disenfranchised, hence the "and voter disenfranchisement".
    Postal Service: Michigan deadlines for mail-in voting might disqualify some ballots
    Last week, Benson said more than 10,000 of the 2.5 million ballots submitted in the Aug. 5 primary election were rejected, but the office is unclear as to the reason for those rejections.
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...an-state-deadlines-mail-in-voting/3358162001/

Why the Botched N.Y.C. Primary Has Become the November Nightmare
    Mr. Patel trails the incumbent, Representative Carolyn B. Maloney, by some 3,700 votes, though more than 12,000 ballots have been disqualified, including about 1,200 that were missing postmarks, he said.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/nyregion/nyc-mail-ballots-voting.html

California rejected 100,000 mail-in ballots because of mistakes
    The California secretary of state’s election data obtained by the AP showed 102,428 mail-in ballots were disqualified in the state’s 58 counties, about 1.5% of the nearly 7 million mail-in ballots returned.
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/california-rejected-100000-mail-in-ballots-because-of-mistakes

Tens of thousands of mail ballots have been tossed out in this year’s primaries. What will happen in November?
    More than 18,500 Floridians’ ballots were not counted during the March presidential primary after many arrived by mail after the deadline.

In Nevada, about 6,700 ballots were rejected in June because election officials could not verify voters’ signatures.

And during Pennsylvania’s primary last month, only state and court orders prevented tens of thousands of late-returned ballots from being disqualified.
    “I think Kentucky’s absentee ballot laws need an overhaul,” said Fayette County Clerk Don Blevins Jr. (D) after last month’s primary, when roughly 7 percent of returned absentee ballots in his county, or 6,645, were rejected. “This election has really revealed just how strict we are. We could do better.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...5d7e96-c527-11ea-b037-f9711f89ee46_story.html

And as for fraud:
    1,290 Proven instances of voter fraud
    1,113 Criminal convictions
    48 Civil penalties
    95 Diversion program
    16 Judicial finding
    17 Official finding
    https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud

And more details:

But I can understand how none of this information may reach you, even though much of it comes from the NYT, WP, and PBS. 9_9

21. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

4 people (2 filming everyone without their consent, including children and inside a private business)with cell phones shouting at people trying to eat
    = public disturbance/breach of the peace
    = breaking the law
    = tress pass
    = recording illegal content for personal gain without consent

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-53411955/you-call-me-selfish-for-not-wearing-a-mask

you (& your children)have a right to not have your children filmed inside a private eating establishment by random protesters who are not customers and have the intent to disrupt other diners

dictators acting as bully's faking civil libertarianism breaching peoples rights

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Indeed. That suggests that the postal service should be properly funded to ensure that ballots are delivered in a timely manner for the upcoming election.

I agree with you also that the laws of some stages need an overhaul as well. A sensible change would be to judge the timeliness of a vote based on when it was posted, not on when it was received.

There. See? You didn't have much trouble "reaching me" with that, did you?

Your post above this one doesn't appear to contain anything that I need to respond to. Mostly you're just making excuses for yourself there, as far as I can tell.

23. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

Way to ignore the cited fraud.

And if you bothered to read many of those stories, you'd see that voter error is also a significant issue, which cannot be corrected by extra funding to the USPS.

I didn't say I'd have trouble reaching you. I said this information seemed to have not reached you.

If you call your much needed grammar lesson and citations supporting my claim "excuses", that says more about you than me.

Thanks for disabusing me of my previous overestimation of your reasoning skills though. I've obviously been laboring under a very ill-formed presumption.