Deception by Science

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by RenaissanceMan, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I don't suppose you have any proof of same? Unlike "science" from your end of the political spectrum, Maslow's Hierarchy was based on research.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs

Maslow based his Hierarchy of Needs based on healthy individuals, not deviant individuals. Additionally, all of those people jumping out of aircraft have obvioulsy fullfilled their basic needs (e.g. have enough food, clothing and shelter, etc.). Last time I checked, homeless folk are not jumping out of aircraft. They cannot afford it because they are not able to cover their basic needs.
    No it is much more accurate to say that you are ignoring inconvenient facts and reason.
    You are misrepresenting the facts again. No one is advocating "child butchery". And the issue with respect to abortion is one of individual choice. Your side argues that the state should tell people what they can and cannot do with their bodies.

Pro Choice (abortion) individuals are arguing that it is the right of the individual to decide what they can and cannot do with their bodies, not the state.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Darius Macab Registered Senior Member

@ R-man

are you trying to set a world record for being banned?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

as Albert Einstein once said: "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

We can even go further to state that the secondary purpose of living is to improve life, whether its one's own, another's, a whole country, even the whole world.

That is why there are people that take drugs, people that jump out of planes. We live to improve life, there is no definition for how to improve one's life because different people do it in different ways.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RenaissanceMan RenaissanceMan Registered Senior Member

1. The "agenda" is anti-science, prattled by tens of thousands of hypocrites who have their snouts buried so deeply in the trough of government grants that they are deaf and blind to anything outside of the Al Gore Fantasy of Global Warming.

The most common of which would be abortion, the chemical or mechanical butchery of a developing human being.

http://abortionno.org/Resources/pictures_3.html

Your pretense that a developing human being is not a developing human being is countered by findings in United States courts of law where men have been convicted of murdering unborn babies. Scott Petersen sits on death row for murdering his wife, Stacey, and his unborn son, Conner, not that you give a ****.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Wow, government grants! Those sure are a pile of pennies compared to the oil industry, which is making greater profit than any human enterprise since the beginning of industrial civilization.

9. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

praise the lord we've seen the light

10. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

Thank Dawkins you are back RM!
    There has been such a lack of insanity, rampant paranoia, and barely concealed latent homosexuality since you left that the place wa starting to get boring.

thanks for coming back to entertain us

To say thanks for bringing the lulz back I have some polaroids of Ted Haggard and George W Bush posing together in assless chaps, which I know would be right up your street

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Wow, R-man and EmptyChi at the same time, be careful what you wish for!!!

12. Believe Happy medium Valued Senior Member

Your own graphs are an example of what you are rallying against in your post. What you need to make your point valid is data on how the actual concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere affects the temperature, preferably in the form of degrees/ppm.

I can make a giant graph of how many bullets in the head it takes to kill someone and take the scale from 1-1000, the fact will still remain that it only takes one. They probably chose the scale they chose because the concentrations are relevant at that scale.

13. Darius Macab Registered Senior Member

i shall be using the above quote for reference

as has been said before the science of this graph is valid, because science is the interpretation of data and the data in this case is sound as it has been corroborated by several different authorities

as Believe said the graph is not misleading, anyone who passed eight year math can read this properly and draw the correct conclusions from it.

you obviously cannot.

government grants are a drop in the bucket compared to so many other things most governments pay out and get in including defense budgets, election campaigns and taxes on the oil industry.

sure, but it only takes 2-4% change to wreak massive changes in the environment and climate. im not sure were you live but in Vancouver (Canada) the last 3-4 years have all set a recorded history record for something (temperature, rainfall, lack therof).

oh and it doesn't matter if humans are increasing carbon dioxide or not what matters is that it is increasing and soon the homes of 3 billion will be under water.

jeez, can somebody please just ban him permanently. the reason i hardly post on this forum is because of the assholes like him.

14. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Above 500 ppm is where we're in trouble...and we're @ 392 ppm now.

We keep having record highs, record lows, record droughts and record floods here, so we're shaking AND baking.
    BTW, nobody seems to be noting that no-till agriculture does a couple of really important things: increases drought resistance of plants grown thus, and increases soil carbon retention.

http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/notill.htm

15. Darius Macab Registered Senior Member

couldn't have said it better

DM

16. charles brough Registered Senior Member

I fail to see what economic interests could be FOR this "scam" when the total economic interests that are threatened by it are immense. I know the social sciences are losing objectivity, but I find it hard to believe that the physic's science of phyics consenses has been corrupted.

Myself, I am still not convinced one way or the other.

brough
    civilization-overview.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.