Define God.

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Jaster Mereel, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Tnerb Banned Banned

LoLLL Satyr.

I think that there's other threads which do a better job defining this than this one, although it MAY heat up...
    I had posted a link to an OK one in "Why should one believe in god" or something like that, .. I will post that link here, the thread is not perfect, but is ok. There was another where PJ and Lightgigantic was getting down with their "logical" and philosophical arguements for the beliefe in god, anyway, here is the link I first mentionend:

http://sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=60302

As to where this other thread is at, I don't know yet. I am trying right now to think of something aganist satyr's arguement.. which I think is interested but limited in itself!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Satyr Banned Banned

Here, let me help you along.

You are not sure what is wrong with my definition, you just, sort-of, feel it in your bones.
    Like an intuitive awareness that something is wrong but not being able to pinpoint the source of this growing discomfort.

Let me help you pinpoint it so that you may formulate a counterargument to my short definition:

It’s in you.
    A growing sense of anxiety and existential insecurity trying to find something, an idea, a concept, an ideal, to latch onto and escape the realization of its own condition.

The temporal flux which you perceive as need, and the subsequent suffering, and which you are a piece of, leaves you with no stability and with the endless probability of choice.
    This leaves you unsatisfied, as the absence of absolutes condemns you to an existence which is defines by this absence, and unfulfilled, as your existence is the product of this void seeking a ‘filling’ and so, guided by an awareness and a language which depends on the creation of simplified and artificial ‘absolutes’ you convince yourself that there are ‘truths’ and final destinations, and you comfort yourself by projecting your imaginings of these non-existent absolutes into the unknown that forces you to face up to your ambiguous existence.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tnerb Banned Banned

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

That was cool but... SAY WHAT?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tnerb Banned Banned

I do not believe this satisfys a defination of god, but it is ... how to say it?

8. Tnerb Banned Banned

Satyr that was poetic.

9. srikar Registered Senior Member

no body was satisfied.
    can anybody define yourself

10. DeepThought Banned Banned

God will always remain beyond any attempts to comprehend him - thank God.