Democracy in Action!

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Bowser, Jun 8, 2019.

?

Should Bowser be banned?

Poll closed Jun 15, 2019.
  1. Yea

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Nay

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Is this your diary? lol

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Would you enjoy living vicariously through me? I am planning on renting a Dodge Charger for a couple days and taking a highway drive to Vegas.. I know from experience that the night life on the strip can be, well, dangerously seedy.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I’ve never been there. Looks crazy fun but I don’t think I could live there.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

Been there for conferences and whatnot. It's like Disneyland - lots of glitter and shiny things, all fake.

When I go I generally take a folding bike on the plane with me, since the airport is less than a mile from the strip, and I get around that way. Much faster than a taxi when it's crowded. And when I do that I see a lot of the "backside" of Vegas - the alleys and the parking lots and the loading docks behind the action. And it really does look like the back of a movie set, where you see all the cables and struts that prop up the facade with the fake New York skyline and the fake Eiffel tower and the fake pirate ship.

It's a funny, uniquely American place.

8. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

It's mostly show during the day, amusement for the general public. Late night is when you see the underbelly. Old Vegas is probably more interesting than the strip.

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

One day to go on the poll and only 6 people have voted. It looks like not many people care, either way.

10. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I might need vote myself. Haven't quite decide.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Maybe just take a break? A couple months meditating on all the children you helped make into orphans couldn't hurt.

12. sculptor Valued Senior Member

missive from my 1st lover(circa 53+ years ago)
    "Deciding not to decide is deciding."

Truck Captain Stumpy and Bowser like this.
  13. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Well, not exactly a group hug, but worth a song. I will see you guys around.

14. billvon Valued Senior Member

From Neal Peart:
    "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

15. Bob-a-builder Registered Senior Member

No wall will stop a million Mexicans if they carry a passport.

I can tell you where the Caravan went. They all broke away from the Caravan and crossed legally at the border.

Despite Republican Idiocy. America could build a dome over itself and it would still not stop anyone from Honduras/Mexico/Chile... anywhere.. providing they are holding a $25 passport while pretending to visit Disneyland.

How would you sneak into Mexico? Would you run through the border patrol from Fox and Friends or would you simply get off your cruise ship in Acapulco and never return. Think the reverse of that.

I realize tourism in America is down by billions of dollars and probably dead for decades now, but why would anyone even want to visit the USA anymore. If I cross into the USA my odds of getting murdered immediately multiply by six(6). I think its something in their water supply.

So yes. 4 out of 10 Americans seem to think a useless wall is just super. They are not a bright bunch.

Attention Mexicans: Want to sneak into America. Pretend you are going to Vegas. Warning: You have much better free healthcare in Mexico.

ABORTIONS: Republicans need another sitcom to educate them. Maybe they should remake "Dirty Dancing" to educate Republicans that banning abortions just makes dangerous back street clinics pop up and kill your teenage girls.

But "Dirty Dancing" was long ago. Pre-internet. We live in an age where internet exists (google it). This means any teenage girl can google what herbs can cause a dangerous miscarriage in less than 4 minutes (if they type slow).

It would seem Americans are too dumb to vote. There is something wrong with their country. They cannot even convert to metric or ditch pennies.

Americans die years younger (on average) than people in my country. It used to seem like a decent country.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

So, the votes are in, and by critical acclaim of 4 votes to 2, Bowser is not banned.

I think we're done here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.