Did Haiti form a pact with the Devil?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Captain Kremmen, Jan 14, 2010.

1. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

"Veteran" here means he used to be a Christian etc, ...but he's switched sides now and has an obvious grudge to settle.
    It says he" alleges" the pact didn't happen based on something he found on a site about urban legends.
    Just because "the ceremony has become a part of Haiti's national identity", that doesn't make it a good thing.
    They have made slaves of one another instead. How is that better?
    Look at the hundreds of thousands of "Restavecs" in Port-a-Prince alone.
    There is a religious system that has hijacked Christianity, not representing the actual God of the Bible. They are two different things.
    The morals of the rich French slave-owners of the time, were not the only thing corrupted by this religious empire.
    It backed the south and slavery in America, tried to take over by splitting up the states and plotted the assassination of Lincoln.
    Read "Fifty years in the church of Rome". (http://books.google.com/books?id=Ah...resnum=4&ved=0CBgQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=&f=false)
    It's how Haiti got their freedom that's in question. Are all wars bad? Yes.
    Does that mean we are bad or have a pact with the devil? That is a good question.
    Because the next logical step would be the question; "if this was from God, who's next"? America maybe?
    That's something the media doesn't want you thinking about. Scared people don't spend well.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Why exactly is this thread still up? Here are some facts:

Haiti did not make a fucking pact with the Devil.

Here are the facts for the "pro" argument:

____

So, enough already. This is as idiotic as blaming the tsunami in Indonesia on their godlessness or ours.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Source?
    Links?
    Can you prove it?

Gullible fool!
    That was the Easter Bunny.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Listen, you Welsh wannabe. I don't have any solid proof, like an uncited web page, but I do know that I specifically paid my own sorcerors to counteract the charm. Not that it was really necessary. Do you know how much spiritual energy you'd have to summon to earthquake an entire island? You'd need to be at least 52nd level. QED.

8. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

God Cites 'Moving In Mysterious Ways' As Motive In Killing Of 3,000 Papua New Guineans

Warning: graphic image of dead bodies follows. Click at your own risk.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/6117/onionnews1353.jpg

Edit: The Onion is a parody site, and the "graphic image" is a false one created with Photoshop. No humans were harmed in its creation. Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  9. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

Pat Robertson Knows what he is talking about. He was there. He Was the Devil's lawyer at the time.

10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Damnit. Well, there it is, then.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2010
  11. Doreen Valued Senior Member

1) it doesn't make it a pact with the devil. They were non-Christians in a struggle with a people acting evilly and using their god to justify their slaveholding and oppression. Of course these religious slaves asked their gods to fight for them against what was clearly evil. To say they made a pact with the devil is confused and evil. 2) whatever the problems you have with the link are ones you need to accept since it was yours. He makes a good point.

This is irrelevent. Now you are talking about another issue and, by the way, it comes off as a justification for slavery by whites.

Sure, and whatever spiritual force that was behind this is what they attacked with their ritual, not some good God who cares about life.

Oh, but they do. They spend money on what they are told will help them escape from what they fear, from dandruff to patheticness to whatever they have been scared into believing some company can fix for them.

12. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

You have made a good case for not being judgemental.
    Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  13. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

Did anybody mention that Boukman's Haitian Voodoo was a religion that had nothing to do with Devil Worship?

14. Forceman May the force be with you Registered Senior Member

Witchcraft in General

From a Biblical point of view, all witchcraft is fro the devil, whether the partakers of the craft worship the Devil/Satan/Belial/Asmodee or not.

15. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

I don't know, did they?

I find it tragic that this earthquake is being abused by child traffickers, and illegal adoptions, etc.

16. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

I suppose if a Catholic prayed to the Virgin Mary protestants could consider that witchcraft. It sounds like Haitian Voodoo was not much further into being witchcraft than praying to saints is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haitian_Vodou

17. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I think it is crazy to say that Catholics are not Christian. But my protestant roots have problems with the idea of praying to anyone but God and all of the idols/statues and holy relics. It runs contrary to Christianity as I have known it.

18. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

For good reason, there is ample evidence to support the Protestant position of anti-idols/images as the OT is full of such things...

Peace be unto you

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

Americans who went down to help the children of Haiti were thrown in jail on false charges.
    In an interview with a voodoo priest in Haiti on ABC News today, he said;
    “I have seen those missionaries coming here supposedly sent by Jesus to save us from what, I don’t know…
    We don’t need that kind of savior,” voodoo priest leader Max Beauvoir told ABC News.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/haiti-eart...d-kidnapping-children-proper/story?id=9736257

This voodoo priest doesn't care about the welfare of the Haitian people.
    He just wants to stay in power.The spotlight is on them now.
    The whole world is watching. Like anything that flourishes in darkness, they can not survive in the light.
    The days of their casting spells and preying on children eating mud pies are numbered.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010