Did Jesus exist?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Dinosaur, Feb 19, 2018.

1. river

I hope you are alright as well alex .
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

All the clouds are gone who do I thank?
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 345 Next mythical choc bunnies for mystic who died Valued Senior Member

Back when I was a trainee nurse they showed a few videos from the Moody Institute

Doubtful they do now. Religious as all hell

One part stood out from one video where they were talking about hell I think - long time ago - but the talk went on about how a convicted killer was granted a pardon but refused to accept the pardon, and was executed

Something about you have free will and if you reject god fine, you go to hell

I looked up Moody Institute for something else awhile back. Think it was to do with the composition of the body. One of the videos talked about that and had assembled all the components of the body and talked about- even if you were clever enough to make a body it would not be alive without the "spark of life being breathed into it from our lord"

Thanks for keeping my memory active

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. river

Our lord means or is defined as ....?
  9. iceaura Valued Senior Member

It's worth noting that while no society fails to control and ritualize sexual behavior, several well-functioning societies have managed to provide for children without making a big deal about who the father was or seeing to it women's lives were wrecked by anything other than virginity leading to monogamy.

Breaking up into nuclear families with child-raising burdens resting on one ostensible father is not some kind of inevitable or primal human setup.
  10. spidergoat Valued Senior Member

Yes, it was about inheritance of wealth. And thus preservation of patriarchal power structures.
  11. exchemist Valued Senior Member

I don't disagree. I was just offering a hypothesis for the origin of it all.

In Christianity I think St Paul has a lot to answer for. Seems to me a lot of denigration of sexuality comes from his writings, e.g. "It is better to marry than to burn" etc. Ridiculous and damaging.