die...hard

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by gunman004, Dec 24, 2001.

1. gunman004 Registered Member

the greatest biological weapon is not anthrax or ibola or other known scare that US has introduced..
    i think that the greatest weapon would be one that slowly wipes out the memory of a human being.. this would hard to detect because half of the time we take things for granted, like remembering where we had put the keys or how we tie our shoe lases....
    the only thing that makes the world exist is our memory.imagine if slowly or even worse in just a snap we could loose our memory.
    remember " A mind is a terrible thing to waste". like any other attacks. this kind of virus would be in large numbers and in different places... just imagine..
    people you know for your whole life will just vanish in your memory in just a snap, then if it gets worser you forget how to do the simpliest tasks like breathing..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dreamsa Dare to Dream! Registered Senior Member

Hi!

When you forgot everything, the result is imaginable.
    What can I say apart form terrible!
    That will be a real good weapon, the people will even forget what their enemies are.

I think we will not forget how to breath!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

I think the greatest weapon will be "mass mind control" that is being worked on in secret laboratories all over. The Russians were working on that in early sixties without much sucess because the technology was not sophisticated then. With todays satellite technology, it is not that difficult - after all we are all electro-chemical entities with neural structures.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. KneD Le Penseur Registered Senior Member

Mind control? Is that possible?

Do we even know how our thoughts and opinions are made by our brains? As far as I know, we still haven't found that out yet, so how can we control the mind, if we don't know how it works...??

It could be from a great use though.....just change the mind of a serial killer....

But how could someone ever achieve mass mind control?? Which medium will we use for that goal???

8. kmguru Staff Member

Just because we do not know something does not prevent us from tinkering or speculating. That is humans for you. Ask a neurologist, he will tell you he knows everything, because he makes $500 per hour reading EEGs....

Honestly, we have better knowledge and high powered computers now to simulate neurons and hence are in a position to just scratch the surface. With the advance of computer technology (Moores Law), we should be able to have rudimentary knowledge in the next 20 years.

That does not prevent the labs to tinker in this area like monkeys on the keyboard... LOL...