Disappearance of Buddhism From India: An Untold Story

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by kmguru, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Rick Valued Senior Member

Well actually Kms pretty much hit the jackpot in that Buddhisms philosophy is very much vedantic philosophiy, which one must remember traces its roots from upanishads ( as a source well i dont know how, where etc. which hardly matters ).

Ok i still have one question ( i am a little less informed about Buddhism may be, so excuse me it sounds a little weird / in appropriate ), but why do Buddhists still worship statues ... since one would assume that nirvana is in union with absolute nirguna brahman ( or attribute less reality ). ... ?

Rick

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kmguru Staff Member

Humans love rituals...that is in our very soul. A good reference is Joseph Campbell's power of Myth and other PBS series.

So, the prayer and ritual is the remnant of the Vedic structure. By the way, the rituals does have a benefit to human psyche...like placebo works.

I have experimented with my yoga and meditation students adding unusual activities and got some really good results.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. UltiTruth In pursuit... Registered Senior Member

I am a Hindu.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. thetruth Registered Member

Buddhism has a history

Brahmanism has been the main reason for the great misery of India for past three thousand years. Dividing the people on the Basis of caste system and suppression of Buddhism have harmed more than the British Raj or invasion of Muslims in India.

8. kmguru Staff Member

Here in U.S. there is an elite group emerging to do the same. They get all the govt contracts and produce thinktank reports. It is all about controlling the common masses.....