Do any of you have psychic powers yet?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Kinetic Spirit, May 12, 2003.

1. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Yes, that would be why I made the statements I did.
    For every debunker that's seen on TV (here at least) there's 4 or 5 "psychics".
    For every debunker known by name to the general public (if they could name even one) there's 10 "psychics" known.

That would be atheists, no?
    Or are you trying to change the subject?

As opposed to classic predators going for the gullible.
    What would those sort do with empathy?

I didn't mention "profit" I said "publicity".

Change the subject?
    (BTW the word is "imply").

No you didn't: you simply said "media promotion".
    TV here (again) gives FAR FAR more publicity to the frauds, I can't remember the last time a debunker was given an interview for their latest book (if ever).

Because that's who the so-called "psychics" prey on maybe?
    Or are you STILL trying to change the subject?

Nope, they're people concerned about general gullibility in the public domain.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

LOL
    your trying to own the name debunker as if it only relates to the action of saving little old women from nasty money making psychics
    hahahahahahahhaa

do you really think i would simply sit on the buss you decided to steer into a brick wall ?

hahahahahahaha
    come on man at least bring out a "B" quality game if your going to bother responding to me.

as i said a test of their merit is that they never go after organised religion which does far more damage and takes many millions of times more money.

they go after the soft target (my theme running right through all my posts)

atheism is a belief not a vocation or hobby of outlined actions like "debunking and your attempt to attach it solely to non organised religious belief.

hahahahahaaha
    sheesh this is kindergarten level stuff.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

In other words you haven't got an argument.

You're kidding, there's no need for me to even wake up so far.

Again you're changing topic.
    The subject under discussion is psychic abilities.
    But consider that religion has a definite (largely protected) legal status for one thing, unlike the frauds.

Nope, they go after frauds.

Wrong.
    Atheism is a lack of belief.

That would explain the *cough* quality of your posts and argument then.
    I can see why you claim "psycho" powers.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

I think this pretty much sums up your entire premise of reality and logic.

the hole in the ground is the example that anti matter exists according to your ideological philosophical doctrine !
    LOL is all i can say.

8. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Meaning (again) that you have no actual argument?
    You'd just prefer to spout glib "dismissals" instead of providing evidence or supporting data?

Ooh, long words!
    Are you sure you know what they mean? (It doesn't appear to be the case).
    WTF does anti-matter have to do with it?
    Is this yet another (ignorance-based) attempt to avoid the topic?

9. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

classic low intellect response, just keep repeating the same thing over and over like you did in the school play ground
    problem is that doesn't work around the smart people.
    i suggest you go back to your little group of retard freinds and continue your retard life in nice familiar retard surroundings.

LOL people like you think you know everything, but all you do is go about shouting at others telling them how ignorant you are.

10. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Classic half-wit avoidance of the subject.
    You can't give an real answer so you've resorted to insults.
    Oh, and incidentally implying you're a smart person.
    Also wrong.

So you STILL haven't got an actual valid response.
    Okay.

This coming from the idiot who hasn't yet given a worthwhile answer to any of my replies?
    And who's had to resort to nothing but (attempted) "put downs"?
    Looking in the mirror again?
    How do you consistently manage to fail so spectacularly nearly every time?

Never mind, one day you'll get into the big wide world and discover things aren't the way you think they are.
    It's called "reality".

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  11. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

hahahahahhaahahaha

awww you poor thing
    you have soo much of your self worth invested in this you cant let go
    your like a dog with a bone
    hahahahahahha

12. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

I really like how you keep coming back to tell me so.
    Ironic isn't it?
    Or is that you have some deep-seated need to get the last word in, regardless of its actual worth?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  13. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

woof woof
    give it a bone ffs

:roflmao:

14. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Its hard to have a interesting conversation Ripple of death, when your having a conversation with Dywyddyrr, because their needs to be a intrest in the subject to make discovery.

All people have Psychic powers.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

15. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

More bullshit.
    You'll never understand the depth of my interest in the subject.

Outright bullshit.

16. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Ah, I was right.
    Okay, it's all yours...

17. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

when someone takes your bone away your going to have a bit of a breakdown.

18. GVK2012 Registered Member

Okay, I'm not gonna side with anyone here as I thought this was a forum where people were allowed to post their opinions freely and not be judged. As a result, please do not bring me or my comment into any past row on this thread. Thank you in advance for that. I just wanted to say that I personally believe that everyone has some kind of higher knowledge, some just choose to shut it out. Personally? The female side of my family is all the same and seem to have some kind of ability (if you choose to believe it) as does my best friend's family. I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience to mine.

My best friend and I have known each other for about 4 years, however we just became very close in the past year. Whenever he is over at my place late, it seems like activity in my house kicks up. Now, I'm very scientific about so called "paranormal" experiences, and I try to debunk what I can, as does he. There are some things, though, that cannot seem to be explained. We are both very similar, both in personality and beliefs. (Sidenote: If you choose to believe it, we both have clairaudient tendancies) Now, if he is over, the activity seems to kick up more. I thought it was him at first, but then I went over to his house, and nothing happened that we couldn't debunk.

Also, who here believes in past lives? Again, if you choose to believe it, I have reason to believe that we had a past life together which I don't feel like going into right now.

Another thing: Has anyone here ever had a relation with a person (doesn't matter if it was a relationship, a friendship, a relative) who seemed to have the ability to change someone's mood? Not by being nice or something, but by just being there. This leads into my next question, which is energy.

Life energy is something I work with constantly (I am trained to do Reiki [for those of you who do not know, reiki is healing with energy]) and my best friend, being a dancer and performer, often comes back from class or compition with twisted ankles or swolen joints. I regurally perform reiki on him, and I have found that over the course of our friendship, it has become impossible for me to "sneak up" on him. We were bored one day, and we started a game where we would walk around the yard silently and look for the other's energy (don't ask, haha, like i said, we were bored) and found that we were able to. Does anyone here know about that or how that would work?

Thanks for reading and responding in advance.

19. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Just to point out, GVK2012, your latter quote is contradicted by the former.

20. CptBork Valued Senior Member

Actually, you make some good points here. This is the main reason psychic frauds, faith healers, diviners, etc. etc. aren't all living behind bars right now. If governments were to actively go out and challenge every snake oil salesman making absurd unsubstantiated claims in the media, they would have no choice but to apply the same standards to the more accepted religions. Don't think it would sit too well with a majority of voters or the politicians they elect if governments were to start demanding proof every time churches called for action based on some baseless fantasy.

21. GVK2012 Registered Member

No it isn't, but I suppose that did sound a little weird. Let me clairify. See, I do believe in the paranormal, but I try and be scientific about not automatically labeling it paranormal. If I hear a noise, I don't automatically say it was a ghost, I try and figure out what made that noise, you know what I mean? I try and be fair so to speak to both sides of the argument. Thanks for pointing out the contradition there, though!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You're still contradicting yourself. There is no evidence whatsoever related to the paranormal, yet you believe in the paranormal. Scientists don't label anything paranormal if no evidence exists for it.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Like extra terrestrial life?