Do we live in the Matrix?

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by eram, Apr 22, 2013.

1. eram Sciengineer Valued Senior Member

Physicists To Test If Universe Is A Computer Simulation

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. al onestone Registered Senior Member

They talk about this on Robert Lawrence Kuhn's "Closer to Truth". Because simulations are likely, we're probably in one. Not so. Simulations are necessarily inorganic. We are necessarily organic.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. eram Sciengineer Valued Senior Member

Hmm, looks interesting.

What do you mean by "organic", and why do we believe that those are necessary?

The researchers are working on the assumption that a simulation must have certain "resource constraints".

If we find experimental evidence of such constraints, we have a chance of finding out how deep the rabbit hole goes.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

Surely the only way to answer this would be next step, to find out if there is other universes. Do these have the same laws of physics, and is why, and if not why?

8. eram Sciengineer Valued Senior Member

And how would we find another universe? A dimensional portal? Or just touching a mirror?

9. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

Who knows, but surely no one can truly answer the big questions of this universe being inside this universe. You cannot truly be an observer, being inside the game.

But like i said often i still think humans will never really answer anything, other than building there egos thinking they are.

10. eram Sciengineer Valued Senior Member

I don't know whether we can or cannot.

Unfortunately, that is the way many people are.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

Yep exactly, science and especially physics should be about the wonder of the universe. They should look at pictures from hubble, and it should make they cry with wonder of how amazing it all is.

I remember doing alevel physics, and you ask why something is being taught to us, the teacher would have no clue. I just gave up on that and left my alevels without having my interest stirred. Physics should be something that should be something that excites the people learning it, like music does. Shame.

Repeaters the lot of them. I did not see the point of finishing my alevels and going to uni to just be a repeater.

Being a repeater does not make you a person whom understands the stuff your learning. I just wonder how many great physics people are lost as they lost interest as being a repeater was of no use to them also.

12. eram Sciengineer Valued Senior Member

what do you mean by "repeater"?

13. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

They read a textbook, take in everything they read, and give it back in exams, without truly understanding what it means.

I reckon most physics teachers are just like that. Ask them to explain something and they cannot, they often are not much ahead of the students they are teaching.

Most people do not have an original thought in there lifes, and its so true.

Repeaters the lot of them for the most part. Personally i think its down to lack of imagination, and not seeing the wonder of it all. Einstein said imagination is the most important thing, and it certainly is. Physics should stir your mind into thinking whats not been thought off before.

14. Yazata Valued Senior Member

Assuming (simply for the sake of argument) that our universe is a "simulation" (whatever that means), how could ANY test that "physicists" could possibly run reveal that fact? All possible physical observations and all possible evidence would merely be part of the 'simulation', and hence metaphysically bogus.

15. Yazata Valued Senior Member

It seems to me that this 'Matrix' talk is basically just a quasi-"scientific" repackaging of the traditional idea of "higher planes" of being. If our universe is dismissed as being a "simulation", then there must be a higher (and more real) plane where the illusion is being generated. And presumably there must be some intelligent and purposeful simulator(s) responsible for it. That sounds an awful lot like the traditional and long standing ideas of heaven and the deities that live there.

16. eram Sciengineer Valued Senior Member

I mentioned this in #3. It's further elaborated in the article.

17. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

Yep i think they are obsessed with finding this out.

Maybe the matrix or what ever you call it has safeguards to stop characters inside it finding out. I wonder if they thought about it.

Its like ants trying to trick humans into showing themselves, when humans are already there, but ants have no way of knowing it.

18. eram Sciengineer Valued Senior Member

In the Matrix, they don't deal with God. Just the Machines.

It is more like metaphysics. The Cartesian demon or Brain in a vat scenario.

19. eram Sciengineer Valued Senior Member

I don't know if the scientists are motivated by religious beliefs.

I do believe that the motivation for this need not involve religion at all.

20. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

Many science people seem to hate religions and the fact(yes fact), that outside forces effect us.

Imagine ants quarreling about humans claiming whether they exist and trying to set a trap for humans. Do you think ants could trap humans into given up secrets, lol.

I think science is playing this game, and the higher ones whom ever they are are jerking them around, as humans are like ants to them.

21. eram Sciengineer Valued Senior Member

You're delving into sci-fi.

Have you read Under the Dome by Stephen King? He talks about that.

Unfortunately the story is pretty crap, I don't recommend wasting your time on it.

22. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

No, but i will tell you why.

When i was at school in 1992 i stumbled across the fact that the uk gov was using sophisticated mind control weapons targeting people in school, i.e me.

I just walked out of my alevels.

So i know there must be loads going on with govs targeting people and running society without us knowing. If they used these things on me and targeted me, then i would assume they where targeting loads of others.

Thats why i talk about how something bigger than us and humans for the most part like ants in our world have no idea.

I have lived what i talk about, but having a mind that was going to go into science like that, i was able to work out that stuff. No one seemed to know about it, until i found the net.

So i am sure plenty is going on, and that includes plenty dawkins and his call names people who claim nothing but us exists. I am sure dawkins never found out what i found out in school, even though he was so called smart lol.

I know as a fact there is underground bases in uk, and which one is the main one for uk gov military mind control, lol, its the one they use on military. No its not on the net. No i have not been in no military.

People like dawkins know nout, but keeping the status quo. At least i found out secrets in my life.

23. eram Sciengineer Valued Senior Member

Oh crap. You've gone nuts again.

Secondly, this conspiracy has nothing to do with the thread topic.