Do you admire the police?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Norsefire, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

how old is he? Maybe that's why they asked.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. takethewarhome midnatt klarhet Registered Senior Member

Policemen are definitely brave individuals, but I think that doesn't necessarily make one a 'hero.'

Now, soldiers... Those are true heroes, depending on what type of war they've seen and how they performed, not to mention the profound loss many would experience.

...I've been reading Once There Was a War by Steinbeck today.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. fellowtraveler Banned Banned

REPLY: Damn, I do love your attitude. You nailed it buddy. I have two cop freinds in Boston, and I do not think they would disagree. We know each other from the MARINE CORPS. One, does his best to be a GOOD COP in Boston. That takes COURAGE and he has it. The other, a dear and treasured friend, goes out with me now and again when he is OFF DUTY and in civies and when we get in fights with others, never mentions he is a policeman. He is one of a very few survivors from the first battle of khe Sahn wich took place in 1967. A weight lifter, that sort of guy. We are not young men. He walks into these bars and takes command. Picks out the women we want and makes it happen. He`s totally crazy, just says and does whatever he wants and the women usually respond in a friendly manner. He scares me and that is saying a lot. But damn, we have a good time together. I no longer live in Boston and miss him. I get out that way now and again but he is no longer there. Don`t know what happened to him. ...traveler

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.