Does time exist?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by Asexperia, Sep 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

And I'm even less impressed with you, even making allowances that you are ignorant of science and particularly cosmology.
    The BB by definition was the evolution of space and time. [as we know them]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

Sure, but changes and phenomena have a beginning and an end (duration). Time is the magnitude of duration. For example, we observe the total activity occurred (TAO) in an hour.

The age of the universe.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2016
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Write4U Valued Senior Member

I agree, but that also implies that time did not exist before the Universe (change) existed and time became a measurable property of duration of change or existence in our reality.

Asexperia likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

I speculate that before the big bang had only a highly dense point with no changes.

8. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

CONTRIBUTIONS OF THE PHILOCHRONY TO THE KNOWLEDGE

1- The Theory of inexorability:

Time is inexorable or absolute in the sense that the succession of moments is continuous and irreversible.

2- The becoming-duration Duality (the philochron causality):

Time is an example of the primary form of the causality law. The identity of time, becoming (cause), produces the duration (effect).

3- The philochron line (the temporary straight line):

The temporary straight line or philochron line is continuously making itself for sequential instants. The present moves away (becoming) continuously with respect to a reference moment (RM) in the past (duration).

4- The concept of chromnesia:

Using the sense of chromnesia we perceive the sequential intervals.

Sibilia

9. Write4U Valued Senior Member

A few musings.

IMO, this dense point (singularity) emerged from a zero state condition *immediately* before the BB and the BB was a mega-quantum event, The only instant that everything happened *at the same time* and *at the same place* and everything was of the same value due to the enormous heat created during this event.

My intuition is that in the absence of space, this mega event was able to expand at FTL, until the chaotic condition cooled enough for mathematics to become effective and the universal constants (individual values and equations) emerged, at which time the universe began to order itself mathematically and deterministically.

The question that haunts me is how a zero state of indeterminate size and properties collapsed to the point where the zero state was compressed to such an extend that the release of pure energy became inevitable.

Is there an equation of the pre-universe zero state? I suspect that it has to do with positive and negative properties existing as meta-physical potentials in a vacuum.
    A natural balance of Meta physical particles and anti-particles?

The problem is that we cannot see the BB itself, but only after observable particles were formed. Do we have any clues relating to the BB itself and the *inflationary epoch*?

I never could accept the notion of a pure zero state non-energetic condition, except as a balance between positive and negative aspects equaling all the energy released during the BB.

If we assume equal amounts of an additive function of positive properties and a subtractive function of negative properties we may arrive at a true zero state, but the weights could be of any size or mass as long as they balanced out to zero.
    Something similar to a scale with equal weights on both sides would show the needle stationary at '0'. Altering the weight of one side, would immediately create an causal unbalance.

But where would those properties come from? Obviously, before the BB there was NOT nothing (especially if we consider the enormous energy released by the BB itself).

To keep it clear, I am not advocating for a Creator, but objectively we are stuck with a question of the creation of the universe from a pre-existing Zero State Nothing condition, or creation of the universe from a pre-existing Zero State Balance condition.

Was it a random fluctuation or was it inevitable that the pre-universe condition had to form a singularity so dense and so fast that it had to release all its energy in one single mega-quantum event?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  10. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

THE REAL ARROW OF TIME

Entropy is taken as the classic arrow of time.

ENTROPY
    --------------------------------->
    hot .......... heat .......... cold body
    body

In the real arrow of time (RAT) the future changes to the past passing through the present. This is the temporary change.

The philochron line is the RAT.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Write4U Valued Senior Member

I don't disagree with any of this, but note that the arrow of time only appears when there is chronological change. The universe doesn't exist *in* time, it is causal *to* time.

12. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

EDITION TO THE POST #207

THE TRUE ARROW OF TIME

Entropy is taken as the classic arrow of time.

ENTROPY
    --------------------------------->
    hot .......... heat .......... cold body
    body

In the true arrow of time (TAT) the future changes to the past passing through the present. This is the temporary change. The past, in some moment, was future.

The philochron line is the TAT.

13. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

DURATION AND WAITING

You can not perceive time intervals, it is necessary that each one visualize the TAO (total activity occurred in a given period) through chromnesia. The visualization of the TAO allows us to organize and arrange properly our personal activities. Doing this time does not finish to us neither is remained.

In another sense, the waiting is the logical equivalent of duration. The duration is the definite permanence of things and their changes in reality. The indefinite duration is eternity. Waiting is the mental attitude to the possibility of the occurrence of an event in the immediate or mediate future. Time is the magnitude of duration and waiting. The watch measures both the duration and waiting.

Asexperia

14. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

THE CLOCK OF THE PHILOCHRONY

15. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Unpack "Time is the becoming-duration duality" and we get *Time does not exist before it becomes a duration of a dynamical event.*

16. Write4U Valued Senior Member

I would read that as ; the past, at some prior moment, was a probabilistic future, now deterministically "fixed*.

I am just probing, I don't believe we have a real dispute here. I will read the thesis.

17. river

Hmmmm....?

For a being a billion light yrs away ; from us ; looking at us ; does time matter ?

We can't seem to get away from the essence of time its self .

We seem to be stuck in this mindset ; that time exists because time can be represented mathematically. It is so erroneous.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  18. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Exactly right, the concept of time is a human mindset. And rightly so, because our minds consciously experience duration of existence as the passing of time and we have invented (several) methods of representing duration in mathematical terms which allows us to create fixed intervals and time frames. But notice that the time in England is 8 hrs ahead of the time on the west coast of the US. How did that happen?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  19. The God Valued Senior Member

Origin of time can be defined from SR. But it will dump BB and hence no mainstream guy will work on it.

Assume that we had photons traveling at c in all directions, nothing else. As per SR photons will have no relative speed, rather there is no rest frame for photon, and everything will appear at rest, no change, no time. And suddenly something happened, and a particle traveling at less than c formed. Change is visible and time started. Simple definition but it debunks BB.

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Total unsupported nonsense as usual.
    Besides the overwhelming evidence for the BB, one of greatest strengths is that it fits like a hand in a glove with GR and the particle zoo, and of course, SR is a subset of GR.
    The other BB aspect that the god [as usual] has wrong is that the BB was a creation of space and time [henceforth known as spacetime] in the first instant: Matter came later.
    Time is also seen as real as is space and therefor spacetime.
    http://www.preposterousuniverse.com/blog/2013/10/18/is-time-real/

21. The God Valued Senior Member

Poposcience by Paddoboy.

22. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

No it is correct to our best knowledge by the experts, and professionals.

23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Pop science maybe but correct also, as distinct from your silly god driven unsupported amateurish agenda, and free thoughts.

It must be heart breaking for someone with your ego to be an absolute nobody.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.